Failed HID light

Status
Not open for further replies.

rushnrockt

Newly Enlightened
I'm sorry, I was not speaking to you. I don't know what made you think that I was, for I never mentioned your user name.

My post was directed to the author of the original post. Please refrain from making this mistake again.

Hmm, you might want to read up on rules in this forum :)

MichaelW

Flashlight Enthusiast
What year CTS?
Both generations have projectors regardless of light source. 9006xs/9005xs/9145 fog or HID lows via D1S

The current generation has optional bi-HID with D1S, H11 fog; or H11 low/H9 high.

Do not let people fool you to think that driving is a privilege. It is a right, but with rights come responsibilities. Do not swap in an HID light source where a filament should be.
You are creating potential criminal liability.

I am waiting, hoping, that there will be an H11 base with an H9 burner.

John_Galt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Helping other members is wrong?

No, discussing illegal activities is. Putting a HID bulb in a Halogen projector is still illegal, because it changes the beam pattern, and light distribution pattern of the original equipment. Therefore, your previous suggestion to test the other bulb with the ballast is not allowed, because it is helping with the discussion of illegal activity.

KLowD9x

Banned
No, discussing illegal activities is. Putting a HID bulb in a Halogen projector is still illegal, because it changes the beam pattern, and light distribution pattern of the original equipment. Therefore, your previous suggestion to test the other bulb with the ballast is not allowed, because it is helping with the discussion of illegal activity.

I'm not the one putting the bulbs in my car, nor are any of you, just the OP is.

If the OP wants to risk it, that is their choice.

Doesn't mean I am not going to help them with their problems.

DM51

Flashaholic
Helping other members is wrong?
No, discussing illegal activities is. Putting a HID bulb in a Halogen projector is still illegal...
I'm not the one putting the bulbs in my car... the OP is.

Doesn't mean I am not going to help them with their problems.
John_Galt is right. So in this case it DOES mean you are not going to help the OP. Not on CPF, anyway.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.