Fallkniven U2...Splicing Hair!

staghater

Newly Enlightened
Hello Jeff, very cool video;)
I just watched your weapons collection and led flashlights videos.
I like them and thank you for your time and energy doing these videos:)

All the best mate :wave:

FrogmanM

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't edc a pocketknife, but the edge on this thing is sweet! I"m guessing it wouldn't be a good knife for someone new to sharpening/maintaining a folder?

You have some great vids sir! Quality Youtube reviews/analysis on edc products.:thumbsup:

Oh yeah...the clock...:crackup:

Mayo

cutlerylover

Banned
I don't edc a pocketknife, but the edge on this thing is sweet! I"m guessing it wouldn't be a good knife for someone new to sharpening/maintaining a folder?

You have some great vids sir! Quality Youtube reviews/analysis on edc products.:thumbsup:

Oh yeah...the clock...:crackup:

Mayo

lol, yeah that darn clock...Thanks for the nice comment! Whats so nice about this blade is the steel, it literally will hold an edge longer than anythgin else on the market so you dont have to worry about sharpening for a while, lol...

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, didn't know you have that many videos already. How did you like the U2? The 64 HRc core sounds amazing. I tried google but couldn't find any info about this steel at all, besides the page on fallkniven's site.

I just had to try it after seeing the video, so I pulled out my main edc and well what did ya know, it worked! :D!

The blue lines are the line on notepad paper, for size comparison.

dscn1117vv9.jpg

Last edited:

Patriot

Flashaholic
I've never seen this demonstration before....very interesting indeed. Great pictures to guys. :thumbsup:

cutlerylover

Banned
Wow, didn't know you have that many videos already. How did you like the U2? The 64 HRc core sounds amazing. I tried google but couldn't find any info about this steel at all, besides the page on fallkniven's site.

I just had to try it after seeing the video, so I pulled out my main edc and well what did ya know, it worked! :D!

The blue lines are the line on notepad paper, for size comparison.

dscn1117vv9.jpg

Awesome! May I ask what your main EDC is? Also someone hasd mentioned to me that most really sharp knives will do this test just fine, what the other guy on youtube did was cut a hair just while only hlding one side, which I guess makes it alot harder to do...So most decent knives sharpened well will split hair, very cool test!

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's a spyderco centofante 3 that I reprofiled to 30° (factory was a bit more than 30).

So the other guy just holding one end of hair, let other end hang down, and cut it in half? Damn, I think that's way out of my league.

greenLED

Flashaholic
That's amazing! I never thought you could do that.

BTW, nice vids! :twothumbs:

Last edited: