"Fat Star" Octa 8x SST-90 Colossus Led Flashlight @ 18.000 lumens -more beamshots-

chanjyj

Enlightened
Re: "Fat Star" Octa 8x SST-90 Colossus Led Flashlight @ 18.000 lumens

man.. :ohgeez: :ohgeez: :ohgeez:

:bow::bow::bow::bow::bow:

easilyled

Flashaholic

overdog, I think you should change your alias to overkill. ;)
However, aren't you missing something? Don't you need a CBM-360 in the center just to make the light complete? :poke:

:D

I'm joking, I'm just jealous that I don't have the skills to play around with these toys and make these hugely impressive powerhouses. :eek:
Looks like an awesome build.

DM51

Flashaholic

Wow! As long as this thing doesn't melt, explode, set fire to your house or give someone 3rd deg. sunburn, it will be a serious candidate for addition to The BIG Lights thread.

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast

And if you mass produce them for under 400 dollars, sign me up  :D

bshanahan14rulz

Flashlight Enthusiast

My chin hurts and there's a big dent in the floor.

Hill

Enlightened

I didn't think it could be done, but I'm guessing this would outdo the "Big Mac" (6 x sst-50 + 1 x MC-E) in terms of total mega output. It would be cool to see them in a head-to-head comparison.

don.gwapo

Enlightened

I'm guessing this would outdo the "Big Mac" (6 x sst-50 + 1 x MC-E) in terms of total mega output. It would be cool to see them in a head-to-head comparison.

It should be coz the fat star is triple the output compare to big mac. Yup, it would be cool if the person who get's mac's big mac post a beamshot of the light for comparison with this fat star. :poke:.

overdog

Enlightened
Re: "Fat Star" Octa 8x SST-90 Colossus Led Flashlight @ 18.000 lumens -Beamshots-

Hello,

again thank you all for nice words, I will answer as good as possible and detailed at the weekend- tonight I made some beamshots (first post updated),
not the best quality, but I will try to make some more at the weekend with more interesting motives- one thing to say: this light is really bright,
when I took the controlshot at the white wall even the reflected light was really blinding to me...
But at all I am happy that it works and did not shoot me to the moon when I pushed the button for the first time :whistle:...

Best regards & thank you for watching,
Steffen.

Last edited:

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: "Fat Star" Octa 8x SST-90 Colossus Led Flashlight @ 18.000 lumens -Beamshots-

Those beamshots made me laugh!

It's the most fantastically ridiculous thing I've ever seen.

Congrats on an amazing light!

don.gwapo

Enlightened

:bow::faint::wtf:. Sweeeeeeeeeet. The beamshots makes my eyes pop open. :naughty:. Looks like BigC's sphere cannot survive for this beast. :crackup:.

Now mac's Big Mac owner please share beamshots.

Last edited:

Nokoff

Enlightened

dup post, sorry...will take the opportunity to say holy sh...

Last edited:

Nokoff

Enlightened

yes, this is impressive...get some Holiday Inn building shots to compare to your other project...
your auto lights look like they're on low, not high
so what was runtime, and did you peek at the stock m@g switch yet to look for deformity

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast

All I can say is WOW! That is some impressive work. Thank you for the beamshots that made my night. My wife was impressed and she is rather annoyed by my being a flashaholic.:thumbsup:

Turboled

Newly Enlightened

Pretty awesome beamshots! Well done overdog! :D

smokelaw1

Flashlight Enthusiast

Those beamshots are awesome!

I'm sure I have a need for one of these....it's to, uh, ummm....

NeSSuS-GTE

Newly Enlightened

:twothumbs Phenomenal Overdog!

How well is the stock switch holding at that power?
I'm wondering if you can hear an arc when you engage it.

What are your expectations for switch life?