Favorite Benchmade??

CMAG

Enlightened
Small McHenry & Williams, EDC and Every day used so long the blade is 1/4 in shorter but smooth and as tight as new

seed

Newly Enlightened
My personal favorite is the Benchmade LFTi 760BK, but if someone asked me which Benchmade THEY should get, I would have a hard time not pointing them toward one of Mel Pardue's designs. Mini Griptilian or Mini Presidio would be my first two recommendations.

I am partial to Reeve integral locks, but the axis lock is just fun to use.

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast

7633355414_e8192239be.jpg

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
Small McHenry & Williams, EDC and Every day used so long the blade is 1/4 in shorter but smooth and as tight as new
Couldn't find the pictures of my McHenry & Williams 705, so here's its big brother, the 710.
DSCF6876.jpg

...or Mini Presidio would be my first two recommendations.

I am partial to Reeve integral locks, but the axis lock is just fun to use.
Here's my Mini Presidio 525 with a 755 I used to have.
P1070210.jpg

Incidentalist

Enlightened
While it's not a Axis lock, my favorite Benchmade is the Auto Benchmite. I've been edc'ing mine for years. Absolutely LOVE it! Super thin, locks closed, automatic, it just disappears into my pocket, yet it's always there when I need it.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Original AFCK, the one with the titanium liner-lock.

I had all three variations. One was stolen by a corrupt police officer. One was lost. But I believe stolen by a family friend who helped us move a decade ago. Still have the last one (black coated combo-edge version) sitting in the cabinet behind me. And no, it's not for sale.

Phantom309

Newly Enlightened
A jobsite general handed me a 940 6-8 years ago to cut a box, felt more like a light saber. It took a few years till I let loose with the cash for my own. But once I had one, I had to have a second for a spare. As an electrician I use it everyday at work. Both are S30V.

lightinsky

Enlightened
A jobsite general handed me a 940 6-8 years ago to cut a box, felt more like a light saber. It took a few years till I let loose with the cash for my own. But once I had one, I had to have a second for a spare. As an electrician I use it everyday at work. Both are S30V.

S30V's are nice!

My favorite has always been my full size griptilian 551. The other day I picked up a Benchmade HK Black Monochrome. I really like it. I don't like the clip it comes with so I took an extra griptilian clip that I had and put it on my Monochrome. I had to drill the holes on the Grip clip a little bit and then it worked perfectly and looks awesome now.

Last edited:

Phantom309

Newly Enlightened
I just can't get over the Axis lock. It is the easiest one hand open/close device I have found yet. And in my job a knife that comes out fast, and goes away just as fast, one handed is a valuable thing. I also learned young that if your going to ride a bike, a nice thin knife is desirable. I believe skidding down the road on my butt with a Gerber Gator in my back pocket really drove this one home. I also like aluminum grips, and the reverse tanto blade design. It works well for stripping large cables and wires. It has a point, but not a needle point. If I slip, it isn't in my liver before I can catch it. Add it all up, and the 940 is top dog for me, YMMV.

Tracker II

Enlightened
I love the mini-grip so much that I bought two of them about five years ago for $55 each. They've gone up in price so much that I keep thinking about selling the backup, but I just KNOW that as soon as I sold the backup, I would promptly lose the original.

JackTorch

Newly Enlightened
I've been carrying a Benchmade 710 McHenry & Williams with a 154CM clip point blade for over 10 years now. It's been the best knife that I've ever had. I spray some Teflon lube on the moving parts and sharpen it with my Lansky system. It rides in my pocket every day.

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
I've been carrying a Benchmade 710 McHenry & Williams with a 154CM clip point blade for over 10 years now. It's been the best knife that I've ever had. I spray some Teflon lube on the moving parts and sharpen it with my Lansky system. It rides in my pocket every day.
Haven't carried mine in a while, but the 710 is still easily one of my favorites.

KuanR

Flashlight Enthusiast
I carry a Sibert design 722 Mini Pocket Rocket and love it. Though I am eyeing an Zero Tolerence knife right now...

SATCOM

Newly Enlightened
My current EDC knife (and favorite) is the Griptilian Tanto Model 553. Light, rugged, and well made.

Admiralgrey

Newly Enlightened
#1 must be the 610 ruckus; sinuous and muscular as an alligator, it can snap into action with reptilian speed. Also, the amount exposed above your pocket isn't very representative of the beast's actual dimensions.

IMG_1342.jpg

Since the picture was taken its clip has become entirely silver.

# 2 would be the 710; the quintessential slim tactical folder that first bore the axis lock.

benchmade710-3.jpg

Kingfisher

Enlightened
If you've got a Mini Grip and a 921 then it follows that you get (from your choices) a Rukus, so you get a small, medium and large Benchmade.

The Skirmish is my favourite 'large' as it only seems/feels quite small when in the pocket...Just love the sound of that big fat slab of S30v when you slap it out!

630sf1.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts