Favorite Buget light.

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
I order a few of the sipik sk68 from an ebay dealer anywhere between .99 to 2.00 monthly. Absolutely love them and so does everyone I give them to. Great lights for the money and it can be an edc for everyone with how little space it takes up!

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
BLF Special Edition X6 from Banggood is a crazy good deal. Some folks around here hate on Banggood, but I don't care about all the hate. This light was a Killer deal at the GB price of like $20. I snagged 4 of them.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Those Lux-Pro items at the Lowes checkout area are pretty good for the money. $5-40...
Don't know about longevity yet, but for the average person they're very useful, and come with a lanyard.

The OP doesn't define "budget light" but I will offer a few. First off is the generic LED keychain lights I got from DealExtreme. They're sold in lots of ten for $5 for ten lights! They're very simple but pretty decent lights. They're so simple that there's nothing much to break and while they're not water proof water doesn't seem to bother them. Back about five years ago I used to keep one on my keychain and actually used it to help change someone's tire one dark night.

My Fenix E01 is probably my favorite cheaper light. IIRC they're about ten bucks. I keep one on my keychain and it's been a great light.

fishx65

Enlightened
I really like the Hugsby XP1(1 aaa) and Convoy S2+(1 18650). Waiting on a Convoy C8.

beaconterraone

Newly Enlightened
BLF Special Edition X6 from Banggood is a crazy good deal. Some folks around here hate on Banggood, but I don't care about all the hate. This light was a Killer deal at the GB price of like $20. I snagged 4 of them.

I wouldn't call that a "budget light." At least not now: it's $29.50.

KeepingItLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Favorite Budget Light.

Samples for the improved, second edition of the BLF X6-SE are being evaluated by BLF members right now. For an as-yet undetermined price (which is estimated to be around $40), you will get two aluminum flashlights. One is the updated X6-SE, running on 18650. The other is a downsized light that has the exact proportions of an X6-SE, but which runs on 14500. These flashlights are sold a set. You cannot buy either one individually.

The target price for a stainless steel X6-SE and a downsized copper "K6" is $80.

Another great option is the BLF Manker A6. It is a souped-up tube light that is in production right now. Price is only $25. Many in the BLF group buy have already received their lights. My two neutral white 3D lights have made it as far as Los Angeles, and should be arriving in a day or two.

To join the group buy for the A6, and get the $25 price, see this thread. Specs for the A6 are also posted there.

IMGP3201_zpswgmbjeae.jpg

BLF Manker A6 photo by BLF member cone

Last edited:

Janp

Newly Enlightened
I use a tank007 e19. Bought it for under 15 dollar! Great little cheap light.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
The Coast HP1 seems to be a rival to the sipik 68...but for $10, much better built and makes for daylight in the darkness as well as a lot of more expensive numbers. And the quality aint bad at all.

I just entered into the budget Sure Fire category and eagerly anticipate their arrival. The G2X Pro.
Definitely not your big box store check out aisle priced numbers. Yet weather proof, and drop friendly for $55...
I bought them because setting 1 is 15 lumens. Same as my old mini mag incan.

akhyar

Enlightened
I have 2x Convoy S2+ in red and blue in the mail, ordered direct from Simon, the owner of Convoy. At $16/pc including free postage, direct from the owner himself, I think this will be my most bang for buck lights

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Personally, I have really enjoyed a Klarus P1A that I picked up for like $30-35. Alternately, a friend got a Sipik clone from me last Christmas during a white elephant gift exchange and he loves it. Funny how the definition of "budget" varies from one individual to the next.

Vortus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fauxtons for key chains at less than a dollar.
Generic Sipiks at less than five dollars for a pocket light.
Generic Skyray Kings for big light at 30ish dollars. Less sometimes on sale.

WriteAway

Newly Enlightened
Several ICON Rogue 1 lights in titanium and green finishes, purchased from Amazon when they were about $7 each, incl. shipping!
A pair of generic Sipik three-mode lights, again from Amazon, around $4-5 each.
Various Inova Microlights

Teobaldo

Newly Enlightened
My favorites are the Tank007 TK-568 (14500 / AA) and Romisen RC-A4 (16340 / CR123A), each of which cost me less than $ 20. The TK-568's use in bicycle helmet and two RC-A4 together on the handlebars. Illuminate a lot, always they attract attention, which made me more visible to traffic. I do not use full power, that blinds those coming in the opposite direction.

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
Friday at work I dropped my sipik off of a catwalk. (About 14'/4.2m) I feared the worst and thought I had thinned my flock a little but to my surprise it suffered absolutely no damage.

Last edited:

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
For keychain lights I do the Nitecore Tube. $6 each if you wait for a sale at GearBest or Banggood. For an all around penlight I do the Terralux Lightstar 80 at $20. Battery Junction used to do those at two for $25, but not any more. For a nice penlight I have the MT06. Classy looking and nice light stages. Usually around $30. For an all around light look at Lumens Factory Seraph 6 at around $40. Very nice utility light with good mode levels. I consider it a poor man's 6P.

PS: A year or so ago there was a discussion about what made a 'budget light'. The general consensus was any light under $50, regardless of quality could be considered a budget light.