FCW #20 - A Flashaholic Get Together in NJ - May 9th-12th 2024 at Stokes State Forest. (This is FCW#19 -Rescheduled)

Dewy

Newly Enlightened
I'm a bit late on replying, but I'll be there! I'm really excited since this is going to be my first flashlight meet-up I've been to!

Planning on Friday to Sunday.

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm a bit late on replying, but I'll be there! I'm really excited since this is going to be my first flashlight meet-up I've been to!

Planning on Friday to Sunday.
Welcome, looking forward to seeing you there.

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
POSTPONED DUE TO RAIN!!!

Everyone, I hate to make this decision, but if you have seen the weather forecast for Stokes this coming weekend when we are scheduled to be camping, it's rain, rain and more RAIN! Honestly, it's a pretty easy decision to postpone it.

Since we already have a fall trip planned (FCW21 - at Spruce Run October 3-6-2024), we are re-booking FCW20 to next spring, the new dates are May 15-18, 2025.

I will be creating a new post for this event which will be FCW20-R (the "R" for re-booked)

Thanks for understanding, and hanging in there. Planning, scheduling, booking and getting the word out to everyone isn't as easy as it may seem. I always appreciate everyone's help, feedback, commitment and support with positive/constructive comments in these threads. So please post that you are aware of the cancelation of FCW20, and if you are planning on attending FCW21 & FCW20-R.

PLEASE REMEMBER:

FCW20/FCW20-R at Stokes is a group site, and I've layed out the money and booked it for everyone.

FCW21 at Spruce Run is NOT a group site, and YOU must book your own site. You can not wait much longer and expect to get a site anywhere near the rest of us. You should book your site for FCW21 now. Please see the FCW21 thread or reach out to me for more info about what site(s) to book for yourself.

Thanks - I look forward to hearing from all of you. --Tim

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dang, is there any chance it would still happen if the weather clears up near the end of the week?
Hi Dewy,

Trust me I'm super disappointed to have to postpone it, but the weather shows rain every day we would be there, as well as the day before and even the day after. It just doesn't look good for any significant improvement. I had to cancel in advance of our start date to avoid loosing all the money. And I wanted to give everyone some time to adjust their schedules. So it's officially canceled/postponed.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240505_220527_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240505_220527_Gallery.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 7

Dewy

Newly Enlightened
Hi Dewy,

Trust me I'm super disappointed to have to postpone it, but the weather shows rain every day we would be there, as well as the day before and even the day after. It just doesn't look good for any significant improvement. I had to cancel in advance of our start date to avoid loosing all the money. And I wanted to give everyone some time to adjust their schedules. So it's officially canceled/postponed.

Totally understand, I've been checking Branchville's weather every hour for the past few days and it gets better, then gets worse, then gets better, and just got worse again lol

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
Totally understand, I've been checking Branchville's weather every hour for the past few days and it gets better, then gets worse, then gets better, and just got worse again lol

Remember, you don't have to wait until next May, FCW21 is October 3rd-6th 2024 at Spruce Run -- but you need to reserve your own spot. Check out the FCW21 post for more info.