FCW-7 Flashaholics Camping Weekend! NJ, PA, NY + AREA on 9/30/10 - 10/3/10

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
wink2.gif
FCW-7 Flashaholics Camping Weekend :grouphug:

FCW-7 is the 7th Flashaholics Camping Weekend, which is open to just about anyone who would like to attend!

Born out of the popular Photon Fest events, the FCW events have become an extreemly successful series of flashaholic fun themselves. Due to the overwhelming fun times had by all at the past events, we have decided to make the FCW a bi-annual event if at all possible, with one springtime weekend (usually late May), and one fall weekend (usually early October). Here are the details of FCW-7.

WHEN: SEPTEMBER 30th - OCTOBER 3rd, 2010 (Thursday-Sunday)

Check in time on Thursday 9-30-10 is no earlier than 1pm. Check out is on Sunday 10-3-10 by 12pm.

Daytime average temp is 67 and average night temp is 43. It's cool enough to enjoy a campfire, and less buggy than the hot summer months.

:drool: It's not a new moon weekend, which means no visible moon. but it's the weekend right before. This will make it pretty dark up there. Perfect for our lights, and it offers amazing star gazing!

:candle: So three nights, or if you can only make it for one or two, that's fine, or if you don't want to stay over night, then you can come and hang out, stay for some campfire cooked hot dogs, and leave whenever.

WHERE: Our first event at a new location! Stokes State Forest. I've reserved what may be the best sites there which can handle our needs, group sites G & H.

Here is a link to the Stokes State Forest home page: www.state.nj.us/dep/parksandforests/parks/stokes.html

Here is a link to the whole park map: www.state.nj.us/dep/parksandforests/parks/maps/stokes_forest_map.pdf

And here is a link to the group sites camping area: www.state.nj.us/dep/parksandforests/parks/stokes-haskins-map.html

For anyone not familiar with Stokes State Forrest, it is more than 16 thousand acers big, and one of New Jersey's premier state parks. Our sites should be perfect for our event, giving us privacy from other campers, yet still keeps us within a reasonable (walk able) proximity to the modern flush toilet equipped bathrooms and trash dumpster.

Stokes offers many hiking and biking trails, fishing lakes and streams, and a ton of beautiful scenery. Check out the home page for more info: www.state.nj.us/dep/parksandforests/parks/stokes.html

WHO: While this event is created for CPF members, family and friends are always welcome. But no pets are allowed at our sites.

COST: :broke: Wow when do you ever here this... The price is even less expensive than last time! Last time was $25 per person, this time it's only $15 per person for the whole weekend! Yes that's right, only $15 for three nights/four days of camping! Everyone is responsible for there own food/drink.

Don't want to stay overnight, no problem, come join us for a day, and stay till it gets dark, have a hotdog over the fire, and don't forget your flashlights! Day / evening visit (not overnight) - $8 per person.

I don't do this to make money, so if there is money left over it will be put towards buying a new tarp or for firewood / fire starters, or something for the camping trip, just as I have done in the past.

EQUIPEMENT: :shrug: If you don't have a tent you can get one on sale at Wal-Mart for $29.99, or buddy up with someone who has a tent. And of course you'll need to bring a flashlight! Bring your own food and drink, and everything you will need to spend a few nights out in the woods. Nothing will be provided. The $15 secures the reservation and payment of all the camp sites, and parking.

WHAT IF I FORGET SOMETHING: :drool: Try not to, I don't think they have a small "general store" located at within the park. However, I'm sure you should be able to find most items you will need in the surrounding town, which would be only a short drive away.

SPEAKING OF TOILET PAPER: :cool: Don't worry they do have clean modern flush toilet bathrooms with running water at the park, and they are within walking distance to our camp sites.

CELL PHONES: Yes, cell phones work fine from the camp site.
WHAT TO DO: :popcorn: Well along with the usual camping agenda of relaxing by a campfire, roasting marshmallows, etc., we just might play with some flashlights! LOL We could go on a hike, or better yet a night hike (just don't go and get lost this time... you know who you are! LOL

:drunk: Stokes is a state forest, and therefore there is no alcohol allowed... officially. So, if you really want a drink, please do it very discreetly, and just know that if the park ranger does catch you, you he will ticket you and ask you to leave the park.
:whoopin:

For a whole bunch more information and some pictures from the first six FCW's check out those threads.

:caution: Please note that space is limited, and to assure your reservation you need to send me the $15 per person ASAP. And besides, I have already layed out the money for the full reservation and I would like to get it back before it showes up on my credit card. :eek: Please do so by sending me a PM here on CPF, and I will PM you back with either my snail mail address or my paypal address, so that you can secure your spot for what will surely be an awesome weekend!

--Tim (KartRacer31)

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
i hear that ranger D has a butch girl friend that works here and may ask to transfer here as well to be with her!

No worries, I already spoke to the rangers here, they seem cool, and assured me that we will not have a parking problem. I've paid in advance for 25 parking spots right at our sites!

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK, here is the official reservations list for the FCW-7 campout as of 6-29-10.

If your name is on this list it means I have received your payment, and you have a reserved spot for the campout.

Please PM me for either my snail mail address or my pay pal address to send payment.

ALSO - WHEN YOU SEND THE PAYMENT BY PAYPAL, PLEASE USE THE "GIFT" OPTION, SO THAT PAYPAL DOES NOT TAKE OUT ANY FEES, AND I GET THE FULL AMOUNT. THANKS

I'll continue to update this list in new posts throughtout this thread.

:caution: Space will be limited, and FCW-7 is only about 3 months away, so if you want to go sign up soon!

--PAID--
KartRacer31 - 2

Lighthouse one - 2

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
Only 2 months away....sweet :)

Gonna have to sit this one out.

Lighthouse one

Flashlight Enthusiast
Come on Kid...how much closer do we have to move this for you!! I just ordered an airsoft G__ __ to challenge the rest of the plinkers!

Bimmerboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm definitely in for this one!

I pass by the entrance to Stokes once a year... well, technically twice as I have to come home... lol. Just made the trip again a week and a half ago. The projected temps around the FCW-7 time frame are perfect for me, and the area is beautiful. The trees should be starting to turn color about then as well.

The lack of response here is surprising. Hey, urbanite, and suburbanite drivers of NY... rejoice! Here's your chance to fill up on that good Jersey gas (I saw no ethanol stickers anywhere, and have been told by Joisey people the gas is better there), get on the highway, and clean out that engine! You WILL notice the difference in performance when you get back. I don't get on the highway anywhere near enough, so my engine presently feels like I just had it overhauled after this trip. Plus, I still have 1/3 of a tank left. :devil:

Tim - I'm looking to be up there late Saturday afternoon, will be staying overnight, and sleeping in a steel tent (the car). Finances are bad, bad, bad at the moment, but will send payment immediately upon being able to do so. Thank you for all the effort you put into these events! And IIRC, you did a LOT of driving around to find this new venue. :rock:

Lighthouse one

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Bimmerboy...I'll bring my extra 2 man tent and small air mattress for you. Just bring a blanket or sleeping bag. Judge how cold it is... Gotta help out our NY buddies!

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm definitely in for this one!

I pass by the entrance to Stokes once a year... well, technically twice as I have to come home... lol. Just made the trip again a week and a half ago. The projected temps around the FCW-7 time frame are perfect for me, and the area is beautiful. The trees should be starting to turn color about then as well.

The lack of response here is surprising. Hey, urbanite, and suburbanite drivers of NY... rejoice! Here's your chance to fill up on that good Jersey gas (I saw no ethanol stickers anywhere, and have been told by Joisey people the gas is better there), get on the highway, and clean out that engine! You WILL notice the difference in performance when you get back. I don't get on the highway anywhere near enough, so my engine presently feels like I just had it overhauled after this trip. Plus, I still have 1/3 of a tank left. :devil:

Tim - I'm looking to be up there late Saturday afternoon, will be staying overnight, and sleeping in a steel tent (the car). Finances are bad, bad, bad at the moment, but will send payment immediately upon being able to do so. Thank you for all the effort you put into these events! And IIRC, you did a LOT of driving around to find this new venue. :rock:

Thanks man, I'm really looking forward to it as well. Glad to see your interest and appreciation as well.

Frankly I'm kinda put off by the lack of response, I was going to contact more sponsors for this event and get more give aways for review, like I did for FCW-6, but not now. I spent hours and hours on the last one and I have to chase guys down to do a stinkin review on a light they were happy to get for free. :shakehead:mad::scowl::tsk:

Lighthouse one

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tim...Hope you get enough response to pay for the camping. Hate to see it canceled I'm looking forward to exploring new places and trails.

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
I spent hours and hours on the last one and I have to chase guys down to do a stinkin review on a light they were happy to get for free. :shakehead:mad::scowl::tsk:

LOL Tim, I would have given you a review ;)

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
LOL Tim, I would have given you a review ;)

Ray I'm so sorry I missed you before you left FCW-6. No worries man, come out to FCW-7 and I'll let you have/and finish the reviews for some of the lights I'm doing long term testing on.

I'm also ready to tell those who have not done the review yet to bring the lights they got to FCW-7 and I'll re-distribute them to someone who will do the review.