FEELER: Montblanc, Prometheus Lights style

tangfj

Newly Enlightened
Anybody with both aluminum and titanium versions care to chime in on which one they prefer and why? How is the weight difference between the two?

Sent from my iPhone. using Tapatalk

Silgt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anybody with both aluminum and titanium versions care to chime in on which one they prefer and why? How is the weight difference between the two?

Sent from my iPhone. using Tapatalk

I like the titanium one much more than the aluminum one due to 1) the stonewashed finish means it's much better looking and can better withstand daily abuse 2) the weight is perfect for my use as the aluminium pen is too light and lost its balance 3) I am a sticker for all things titanium :D

That's just my personal opinion for my own writing style. Both pens are exquisitely finished

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Z-Tab

Enlightened
I have them both as well. I carry the Ti version around with me since it feels like it will survive anything, but when I am going to be writing for a long time, I prefer the aluminum for the lighter weight. If it's for signatures and brief notes, the weight of the Ti is fine.

I also greatly prefer the Mont Blanc Rollerball cartridges to the Fineliner.

Mbehe87

Newly Enlightened
Listed on the Kickstarter page and prometheuswrites.com:

Titanium:
1.77 oz
50.3 g

EN Aluminum:
1.23 oz
34.7 g

Shooter21

Enlightened
I wonder why jason decided to use CP2 titanium since its not much stronger than 6061 aluminum. The difference in strength is only around 10,000 psi even 7000 series aluminum is harder than CP2 titanium.

Last edited:

Shooter21

Enlightened
Just grabbed the smallest and thinnest in my box o rings. 7.9mm in OD and 5.9mm in ID (1mm thick). Really should be a hair smaller, but they work.

eala
My pen seems to have tighter tolerances since it doesnt work with a oring that size. The oring gets squashed between the cap and body

Last edited:

eala

Flashlight Enthusiast
My pen seems to have tighter tolerances since it doesnt work with a oring that size. The oring gets squashed between the cap and body

That is what happens with mine. There is a very small gap when the cap is threaded on. It does not fit tightly, but it does fit securely. I like that the cap does not bottom out on metal. Nicer feel.

eala

derdoc

Newly Enlightened
U have to cut some small piece of heat shrink tube , fits better than o _ring .

10960052146_5eb4309dc0_c.jpg

Gesendet von meinem HTC One mit Tapatalk

Last edited:

nbp

Flashaholic
Got my pen today! A beauty, just as I expected. Thank you Jason. :)

Now I have to get some time in on it and see how she does. :eek:oo: