"Feit Electric" 3C LED flashlight

Top Cat

Newly Enlightened
Not really a fan. They are heavy and the zoom rattles. That can likely be fixed with o rings, but I can buy a much better light for $12, even if it takes a couple of weeks to arrive.

BillyBeam

Newly Enlightened
Feit Electric 500 3 C Cell at Costco $25.00

Is it any good. Are they lying about the 500 Lumens?

4xdog

Newly Enlightened
I got a pair of these over the weekend at my local Costco. They're made OK -- the zoom focus on mine is reasonable smooth and well damped. On wide angle they're fine, with bright and uniform field. On narrow beam they project a perfect square image of the die which is hugely distracting.

Good price, decent quality, big let down on optics. I'll probably return mine to the store.D

on

mccririck

Enlightened
I got a pair of these over the weekend at my local Costco. They're made OK -- the zoom focus on mine is reasonable smooth and well damped. On wide angle they're fine, with bright and uniform field. On narrow beam they project a perfect square image of the die which is hugely distracting.

Good price, decent quality, big let down on optics. I'll probably return mine to the store.D

on

The Sipik sk68 prjects an image on throw as well, all you have to do is zoom it out a touch to get a circle.

mikekoz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use mine all the time with the zoom on wide angle. If you take the light outside, you will not notice the LED image and they actually throw light a good distance. I just picked up some Powerex 5000mah NIMH C's for one of mine so I should get really good runtime with it also!!

Last edited:

chap2550

Newly Enlightened
Re: Feit Electric 500 3 C Cell at Costco $25.00

I am a "cheap but good" flashlight junkie (probably like a lot of others around here). I was at Costco today and saw the Feit 500 lumen 2-pack for $25 (with 6 C-cell batteries). Could not resist. Opened the package. uncscrewed the cap/base, loaded 3 batteries, put a dab of Tri-Flow on the threads, and screwed the cap on. Pushed the button and it shines pretty darn good! I have a couple of inexpensive Costco units on my shelf for comparison (the 200 and 250 lumen compacts that were sold in a 3-pack for $15-$20). They were labeled "Tech Lite Lumen Master (200) and "Cree" (250). Those little buggers are my standard measure for comparisons They are bright and have a nicely focused beam. All-around very good for the price. On-par with the $40+ Coast PX45 in terms of light output and beam clarity. Build quality is not quite as good as the Coast, but very respectable. The little Costco units are brighter than the $30 MagLite XL50, although bigger and heavier. The Mag's beam is more nicely focused. All I'm trying to say is... the little 200/250 Costco LED flashlights that came in the 3-pak are pretty darn good and overall quite nice. Especially for the price. Well, the Feit 500 COMPLETELY drowns them out when shine them side-by-side. I'd say that the 500 lumen rating for the Feit is accurate (relative comparison). At the "wide" (zoomed-out) setting, the Feit is fabulous -- with a perfect circle of uniform very bright light. Zoomed-in (narrow beam) it is certainly bright, but not quite as aesthetically pleasing -- because you see the square shape of the LED on the wall. Back off the zoom slightly and it becomes a softer more pleasing shape. I have not gone outside in the dark to evaluate range, but the packaging says 978-ft. And the Feit easily outshines the 2D LED Mag-Lite ($30) that I got as a gift about a year ago (which was my brightest LED flashlight with the longest/strongest beam -- until now). For $12.50 each (with batteries) I'd say the Feit is excellent. Amazing. Of course, with 3 C-cells, it is bigger and heavier than the lower-powered units with 3 AAA's. But it is quite a bit smaller than the 2D Mag.

chap2550

Newly Enlightened
Holy smokes! I just went outside (dark) and "zoomed in" (narrow beam)-- Whoa! What an impressive long-distance spotlight! The packaging says 978 ft "beam range" -- which doesn't seem out of the question based on what I just saw holding the thing in my hand and pointing it down the street at some trees.

Darkcobra

Enlightened

The flashlight is great for flood lighting, but as mentioned above, when focused you can see the LED.
But for $12.50 each with quality cells included, you can't beat the price.

Mike_TX

Enlightened
Any reason why you couldn't spray the inside of the barrel with white - or better yet, silver - paint to recapture some of the light lost to that black interior?

Rogue1987

Newly Enlightened

I have to agree with everyone else. For the price I do not see how you could beat them.

Sent from a Braniff 707 via telex

Photon

Newly Enlightened

Is the low mode PWM or regulated?

Photon

Newly Enlightened

pwm :green:

Thanks.

I might have guessed. It's easier electronically to turn the light on and off rapidly than to throttle the current flowing through it.

Still, for the price it's pretty darn good.

southsidehunter

Newly Enlightened
Re: QUESTION ABOUT !! "Feit Electric" 3C LED flashlight

Can you replace the bulb inside the Feit Electric flashlight? If so, what kind of bulb would I have to get and where?

autowood

Newly Enlightened
What about No artifacts?

In answer to southsidehunters question I just unscrewed the lens retainer ring and was unable to dislodge lens to access the LED. Have to take another look tomorrow. It seems to be caught on the threads and if not perfectly aligned, will **** and jamb in the threads. After reading this blog, the one word I have not heard used is artifacts. I have to say that at full wide angle, at 20', I get a 20' wide flood with virtually no artifacts. I have never seen another flashlight that can do this. I do not like the loose zoom and it is a little heavy for pocket carrying, but all in all, is one of my favorite flashlights. It is my go to flashlight around the house at night. Absolutely fantastic zoom.:)

andyr

Newly Enlightened
Re: What about No artifacts?

Just amessage for the UK users. It's now in Costco @£24 for the twin pack.
My local one is Chester/Ellesmere Port.

HTH