Female Flashaholics? (Please lock/delete Mods)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cydonia

Enlightened
Re: Female Flashaholics?

Ugh. Another one of these threads.

I'm going to go out on a limb and make a statement which will probably be misunderstood:

I put it down to biochemical differences between the sexes. The male is often susceptible to an intense desire to know how things work, prone to an instinctive need to explore and understand, deconstruct and analyse, pry into the inner workings of things and generally seek ever more novel and elegant solutions to problems. (In this civilization, and in these particular times of its lifecycle, we are awash in excess material wealth and a superabundance of luxury and idleness. Doting on minutiae and taking things to the absurd extreme are all symptoms of these times. Every absurdity is magnified and enlarged beyond sustainable proportions. But this gets into a different subject!)

The female merely has a different, but equally crucial, approach and destiny with the material world. Just the other side of the same coin. A sympathetic octave that completes and makes whole the species. There are virtually no females on CPF because they are on a parallel, but different, path due to biochemical brain chemistry differences. Differences don't mean one is "better than the other" or "advantageous". The Asian conception of Yin and Yang is an absolute truth in my opinion. I've probably already said too much and have no doubt been misunderstood, again. :)

qwertyydude

Flashlight Enthusiast

Maybe the same reasons why there are no guys in knitting clubs.

Monocrom

Flashaholic

The female merely has a different, but equally crucial, approach and destiny with the material world. Just the other side of the same coin. A sympathetic octave that completes and makes whole the species. There are virtually no females on CPF because they are on a parallel, but different, path due to biochemical brain chemistry differences. Differences don't mean one is "better than the other" or "advantageous". The Asian conception of Yin and Yang is an absolute truth in my opinion. I've probably already said too much and have no doubt been misunderstood, again. :)

I've counted about 11 in total, since joining CPF. There's about 3,000 active members at any one time.

(That's a horrible ratio). :(

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic

Cydonia, I think you're on to something here. There are many reasons for different preferences between the genders, some biological and some social. However the human experience is a continuum, not a 100% black or white situation. I've known a few women who were intereated in auto mechanics and other typically "guy" things. Not everyone fits the same mold, and that's what makes life so interesting, yes?

I also know at least a handful of female flashaholics here. Not all of them self-disclose for various reasons but many of them are active participants. :sssh:

Last edited:

TKC

Flashlight Enthusiast

I am a female flashaholic AND custom knife knut. :twothumbs

D-Dog

Enlightened

me too! (at least the flashaholic part)
But your still a guy :p...

So, in about 24 hrs we have heard from 2 female flashaholics... not too bad... let's see if we can keep it up :grin2:

MorpheusT1

Flashlight Enthusiast

There are lots of female members here,

I believe that one of the reasons they wont advertise is that there is also lots of men.
As much as i hate to say this,there are multiple scenarios that runs through my head if they were to post pictures and reveal them selves.

Inboxes full.
Marriage proposals
Jokes(The not so nice ones)
etc etc...

Its not that i dont think they can take it,its more like i think they are to smart to let us know ;)

Most of the members here are very nice but there are also those that aint so sweet,especially in PM`s...

If i were a woman...no way in He.. would i come out of the closet..

But i welcome any member here and i love to discuss and read threads no matter what skin color,sex and reliegion you belong to.
I just dont need to know what kind of religion you have or what your sex is to enjoy myself here.

:nana:
Enough rambling from me...
Happy holidays.

M@elstrom

Flashlight Enthusiast

The female merely has a different, but equally crucial, approach and destiny with the material world. Just the other side of the same coin. A sympathetic octave that completes and makes whole the species.

We are all genetically UNIQUE, because of the multitude of DNA combinations possible SOME individuals will have hints OR glimmers of both male & female stereotypical tendencies/characteristics whilst others won't... for example multitasking, some blokes can manage a couple of things at once whilst others won't cope at all, then there's the ability to successfully read a map OR appreciate the beauty the 'internal combustion engine' that some Ladies seem to have developed... but I digress! :D

FWIW I do actually remember a Lady in the (LED section) posting about her DX P7 flashlight etc. ;)

You sure?

Does it really matter? :thinking:

Personally I don't mind what you are (or aren't) as long as you can positively contribute to the pursuit of this hobby, I repeat does it really matter? :thumbsup:

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic

... some blokes can manage a couple of things at once whilst others won't cope at all, then there's the ability to successfully read a map OR appreciate the beauty the 'internal combustion engine' that some Ladies seem to have developed...

Ah, but here's the BIG differentiator - who's willing to stop and ask for directions? ;)

greenLED

Flashaholic

Does it really matter? :thinking:
That's *exactly* the point I was trying to make.

These threads pop up now and then, and I keep :rolleyes: at them.

Personally I don't mind what you are (or aren't) as long as you can positively contribute to the pursuit of this hobby, I repeat does it really matter? :thumbsup:
Totally agree.

D-Dog

Enlightened

You sure?
:D actually yes I am... browsing hundreds of posts does have its advantages :whistle:

From the thread "greenLED goes to the movies" all the way back in March '06 you state the following of interest:

"...and brings along his SF L1"

"My son goes to the front and I flash him in the eyes (MrsGreenLED rolls her eyes)"

Now the question should become "Does Derek (D-Dog) have too much free time on his hands..."

Edit: Read the post you posted as I typed the rather silly reply... You do have a point. Perhaps it would be best to lock the thread and go back to what we love talking about :) I figured the entire thread would be rather "silly" when I presented it, however, having had quite a few female friends, none of whom share my love of lights, I was just curious...

Last edited:

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic

If I was a woman I would be rather UNinterested in anything that stating my sex would accomplish here. In a forum that is mostly men there is a rather large chance of a woman getting harassed and all sorts of things by men that were not able to get enough flashlights or some other reason they would be a jerk. Why would I need to know if there are any women in CF? This is not a dating forum. I wouldn't be surprised if there were 30-40 women that are here mostly reading posts and not posting a lot over a month, with many that are interested in flashlights and other things.

D-Dog

Enlightened

I think a lot of great points have been brought up as to why NOT to start a thread like this one... and to be perfectly honest, I really didn't think about all the negatives a female would have in posting on such a thread :eek:

I think this has gone as far as it can constructively go... and so I ask the mods to please lock/delete this thread and for everyone else to kindly refrain from further posting:)

Last edited:

abvidledUK

Flashlight Enthusiast

I could say something about women also wanting to hold something firm at night, but I won't !

I won't even mention size, AAA, AA, CR123 x 2 +++

Not to mention rubberised grips.

There's only one female flashaholic I know of

The Boss Lady.

Merry Christmas Greta

Cydonia

Enlightened

If I was a woman I would be rather UNinterested in anything that stating my sex would accomplish here. In a forum that is mostly men there is a rather large chance of a woman getting harassed and all sorts of things by men that were not able to get enough flashlights or some other reason they would be a jerk. Why would I need to know if there are any women in CF? This is not a dating forum. I wouldn't be surprised if there were 30-40 women that are here mostly reading posts and not posting a lot over a month, with many that are interested in flashlights and other things.

Agree completely with all of this post.
If I were a woman I would never let slip any clue as to my sex. I've no doubt about that. Just to avoid the general silliness and attention that may ensue. But the reason there are so few ladies here overall is because they are busy doing different things altogether. Sure, there will be a fraction of a percent interested in lights, knives and so on... but why is it this way? Why such a small fraction? Ah...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts