Fenix 2013: 3000 Plus Lumens coming?

HighlanderNorth

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm waiting for them or someone else to come out with a 3000 lumen single AAA light with no stepdown and run times on turbo of 1 hour at least and 100,000+ lux. Whats the holdup!?! (LOL)

Seriously I think we'll see more than one 3000 lumen light this year. I mean many lights are already in the high 2500-2700 lumen range, so whats another 300-500 lumens?

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fenix have 4 new lights in the pipeline that will be announced soon: 2 new RC lights (one of which will be 3000+ lumens) and 2 new headlamps.
They said that on their FB page.

twl

Flashlight Enthusiast
3 x XML2 with a good stiff drive level will give over 3k lumens OTF. Probably around 3300 lumens.

We will see plenty of those coming up this year, I'm sure.

kj2

Flashaholic
Fenix have 4 new lights in the pipeline that will be announced soon: 2 new RC lights (one of which will be 3000+ lumens) and 2 new headlamps.
They said that on their FB page.

New RC lights should be the RC15 and RC40 what I've heard.

NorthernStar

Enlightened
3 x XML2 with a good stiff drive level will give over 3k lumens OTF. Probably around 3300 lumens.

We will see plenty of those coming up this year, I'm sure.

This sounds interesting!:wow:

I will definitely keep my eyes open for these lights! If there will be available a 3xXML2 flashlight with built in 18650 batteries(like the Olight Intimidator series) and a chargeport and that does not have any step down in effect feature, then i simply have to buy one!!! So far i don´t have any 3XML flashlight in my collection,but i realy want to add one.

If it´s true that there will be plenty of those 3XML2 lights coming this year,there´s got to be one that has the features that i want a flashlight to have!

Mr Floppy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm hoping for an AA version of the E01. Been holding my breath for ages ...

Sh3ngLong

Newly Enlightened
I was close to pulling the trigger on the TK75, but now I think I'm going to wait a bit and see what this 3000+ lumen beast is all about.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II

Harry999

Enlightened
Someone just posted about the HL10. A single AAA headlamp with three modes, 3 lumen, 27 lumen and 70 lumen and mode memory. Most interesting it has 90 degree flood and can be used as a headlamp or a keychain light. Fenix seems to have upped its game and is giving customers what they want.

I am interested in high lumen lights as well and from past experience know Fenix can do good throwers and flood lights. Given the excellent customer service they provide through the UK distributor I will be ordering their high lumen and low lumen lights which suit my purposes.

Last edited:

kj2

Flashaholic
If I'm right the RC40 should be the 3000lumens light. Have heard that it will be slightly bigger in lenght than the TK75.

xed888

Enlightened
If I'm right the RC40 should be the 3000lumens light. Have heard that it will be slightly bigger in lenght than the TK75.

What else did your dealer say? This is tempting but if it has that proprietary battery like in the RC10, I might have to think twice! :)

NorthernStar

Enlightened

This sounds interesting! :drool:

I hope that this light is improved over the TK75 that it does not has any stepdown in effect after using it at highest mode over 20 minutes, and that it will have built in many 18650 rechargeable batteries.

When you are saying that the RC40 is larger than the TK75 then it sounds like it´s going to have a larger reflector better capable of cooling the light without have to step down in effect in order to prevent overheating. RC stands for rechargeable so let´s hope that means that the light contains at least four 18650 batteries to give it long runtime.

Btw,where did you hear all this interesting details about the RC40?:confused: If you know more, your welcome to add more info! :)

kj2

Flashaholic
This sounds interesting! :drool:

I hope that this light is improved over the TK75 that it does not has any stepdown in effect after using it at highest mode over 20 minutes, and that it will have built in many 18650 rechargeable batteries.

When you are saying that the RC40 is larger than the TK75 then it sounds like it´s going to have a larger reflector better capable of cooling the light without have to step down in effect in order to prevent overheating. RC stands for rechargeable so let´s hope that means that the light contains at least four 18650 batteries to give it long runtime.

Btw,where did you hear all this interesting details about the RC40?:confused: If you know more, your welcome to add more info! :)

Fenix says there will be two new RC-lights coming. One of them the RC15 and what I heard the RC40.
The RC15 should probably be around 800lumens (see post #25). So if Fenix is soon coming with the 3000lumens light- it should be the RC40. 1 + 1 = 2 ;)

NorthernStar

Enlightened
Fenix says there will be two new RC-lights coming. One of them the RC15 and what I heard the RC40.
The RC15 should probably be around 800lumens (see post #25). So if Fenix is soon coming with the 3000lumens light- it should be the RC40. 1 + 1 = 2 ;)

Thank´s for the info.:)

I´ve read post#25 about the RC15 with 800 lumens so i understand that the RC40 will be the more powerful light of these two. It´s a little bit early yet maybe, but i was hoping to have more info revealed about the RC40 specs(burntime,throw) and more.
Let´s hope that more info will be released soon.:popcorn:

kj2

Flashaholic
Thank´s for the info.:)

I´ve read post#25 about the RC15 with 800 lumens so i understand that the RC40 will be the more powerful light of these two. It´s a little bit early yet maybe, but i was hoping to have more info revealed about the RC40 specs(burntime,throw) and more.
Let´s hope that more info will be released soon.:popcorn:
Don't know either about the specs ;) -Hope Fenix comes soon with it :popcorn:

kj2

Flashaholic
Was thinking, the RC40 will be a rechargeable light- because of his probable size it also could be Fenix first 26650 light :)