Fenix E05, small single level AAA light with build in diffuser

Richub

Enlightened
Well, after using my E05 for over 7 months I can safely say it has been my favorite small EDC light since day 1. I always carry it in my front jeans pocket.

Compared to my other Fenix lights, the tint (I got the XP-E version) is the most pure white of them all.

This is the light my dad got so jealous of, he immediately bought one after seeing mine. ;)

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
R4 is brigther, tint and beamshape has nothing to do with R2/R4 (but XP-E/XP-G will affect beamshape), except new higher bins tends to have larger tint variations, but only when they are new.
thanks man! from my searching around, it appears the R4 edition was a for a limited quantity (something like 2000 units?). any idea why they limited it?

tickled

Newly Enlightened
thanks man! from my searching around, it appears the R4 edition was a for a limited quantity (something like 2000 units?). any idea why they limited it?
The newer emitter is more expensive and that doesn't make sense for a low cost light like this.

robostudent5000

Enlightened

also, the r4 xpg version, due to using a bigger die than the xpe, had a wider and more diffuse beam. as a result, it looked a little bit dimmer than the r2 xpe version IMO. when the difference in total output is less than 10%, having the more intense beam is sometimes better.

tuzvihar

Newly Enlightened
Hello,

I recently got interested in flashlights, so I don't hesitated and bought a Fenix E05. I find this small little thing handy and overall a very good built. I'd recommend it to any fellow 'beginners'.
20130117134305.jpg

How do I find out, which revision did I get?

Thanks,
Tuzvihar