Fenix L2D CE and L1D CE runtime graphs

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is a difference, if you did them side by side you will notice. It's just that even on NiMH it's really bright

You probably don't have strobe because the head isn't screwing down enough to enter turbo/strobe mode. The Li-ion is longer than normal AA. On mine it's barely enough to activate the turbo mode. Others lights are shorter or batteries longer and cant get to turbo/strobe at all.

If you can lock your camera exposure then you should be able to capture the difference.

musicalfruit

Newly Enlightened
You probably don't have strobe because the head isn't screwing down enough to enter turbo/strobe mode. The Li-ion is longer than normal AA. On mine it's barely enough to activate the turbo mode. Others lights are shorter or batteries longer and cant get to turbo/strobe at all.

You're right. I think on my L1D, I can't screw down the head enough to activate turbo mode because of the 14500's extra length. That's probably why it doesn't look that much brighter. On Chevrofreak's graph, I see that high mode output drops on a rapid curve to ~900 instead of staying at around ~1500 when in turbo mode.

Is there anything I can do? Do the AW 14500 vary in length? Or perhaps I can try the unprotected UF 14500s?

Thanks for the insight.

nanotech17

Flashlight Enthusiast
You're right. I think on my L1D, I can't screw down the head enough to activate turbo mode because of the 14500's extra length. That's probably why it doesn't look that much brighter. On Chevrofreak's graph, I see that high mode output drops on a rapid curve to ~900 instead of staying at around ~1500 when in turbo mode.

Is there anything I can do? Do the AW 14500 vary in length? Or perhaps I can try the unprotected UF 14500s?

Thanks for the insight.

you can try a 14670 cell + a home made spacer that fit.

Latest posts