Fenix T1 Review - Picture heavy (Outdoor shots added)

djblank87

Enlightened
WadF mine was glued, just apply a little force only with your hand of course no tools required and it will open right up and it goes back toghter fine.

fa__

Newly Enlightened
You are superman, or mine is glued, or I am weaker than I thought :crackup:
Still Can't unscrew the head
Anyway thanks a lot for pictures !

djblank87

Enlightened
I can see where the glue was applied and is kind of falling of when I unscrewed it but it still works. I have not casued any damage to the light at all and it goes right back on.

In my second picture is you look inside the bezel you can see blue gunk and that is the glue based seal.
:candle:

Last edited:

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow wow wow, I don't believe it, but I just removed the bezel by hand too!

Hold the bezel/reflector in left hand firmly, turn the lower part via clip (it's locked in the channel so they move together). It actually opened pretty easy, didn't even have to grunt. :D

Tempest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the pic of the T1 next to the 6P, djblank, just what I was after :thumbsup: The T1 is smaller than I expected.

Regards,
Tempest

Daniel_sk

Flashlight Enthusiast
No way, french T1 have more glue :sigh::D
Just keep trying, the glue will become weaker and eventually it will come loose. One day, I was going to lube threads on the battery tube on my L1D CE and instead of un-screwing the battery tube, the head came off - I didn't even wanted to open the head :D. The loctite (much probably some cheaper stuff) was dry and "cracked" into small pieces.

djblank87

Enlightened
Wow wow wow, I don't believe it, but I just removed the bezel by hand too!

Hold the bezel/reflector in left hand firmly, turn the lower part via clip (it's locked in the channel so they move together). It actually opened pretty easy, didn't even have to grunt. :D

:clap: I was hoping I wasn't the only able to get that sucker off there, but a little force and NO grunting :crackup: and she will come right off. :twothumbs

djblank87

Enlightened
Tempest UK,

Here is a better picture of the comparison side by side shot of the Fenix T1 and a Surefire 6P. In this picture I removed the Z49 tailcap which is much bigger and makes it look larger than it really is.

In these pictures below I put the Z59 tailcap on for a more direct and fair comparison shot.

Mag85144.jpg

Mag85145.jpg

Hope that helps you out some more, the Fenix T1 is slightly bigger than a stock 6P or a 6P with Z59 tailcap. But a 6P with the Z49 tailcap like I used in my first shot is longer than the Fenix T1.

:thumbsup:

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast
djblank87, Wow, I thought the T1 (I should get mine tomorrow) was more of the SF M2 size. I am glad it is smaller. Thanks for the pics and letting us know the clip can be removed with a little wrist strength.

djblank87

Enlightened
djblank87, Wow, I thought the T1 (I should get mine tomorrow) was more of the SF M2 size. I am glad it is smaller. Thanks for the pics and letting us know the clip can be removed with a little wrist strength.

Hey no problem at all, since I ordered my T1 about a week after everyone else had one and kept seeing how disappointed everyone was with the clip the first thing I did when I got it was go right at the head and it came off.

I thought to myself it can not be this simple but it was and now we do not have to break them off or anything else that can really jeopardize the unit integrity.

djblank87

Enlightened
The 6P is a pretty small package when comparing it to others. I mean it is not an L4 size but all in all it is rather small. I carry mine and use it every night at work but once the new Inova's come out I will switch back to the T4 and keep the 6P with Malkoff M60 Q4 in the vehicle or something to that effect.

skyline_man

Banned
No way, french T1 have more glue

Try heating the head where the glue is with a hair dryer or heat gun, or even soak the head in hot water for a few minutes. In doing this, the glue will become soft and whoalla - head unscrews!! Be careful not to over do it with the heat gun though.

fa__

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the tip, I already knew it as I wanted to open my P3DQ5 and found this info a while back.
I'll do anothger attempt if the clip bothers me, at the moment i can live with it :)

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast
First, CandleFranky...Welcome to CPF! Do not worry about heat buildup on the T1. Also, RCR123a's should give you 40 minutes of runtime before I would change them on high. Much more on medium... Take a look at all of the reviews on the light. Buy this one....you will like it!

I just went for a night walk with the T1. Great little light. It fits so much better in my pocket now that I have used Powernoodle's ingenious clip removal technique.

I really like the body switch for high/med. I wish the M1 (lumapower) series of lights had it as well. I also love all the beamshots I keep seeing with the T1 vs. the SF G2/6P L lights. I posted a picture in another area of the T1 vs. a mag 4d (stock) it was not even funny the difference in output.

Thanks again for the pics everyone. You convinced me to buy a really great light.!

rhicks

Newly Enlightened
Now that I know there is some chance of getting that clip off, it's my next light.
Hopefully I can get one on order by the end of the month.

Thanks guys for the shots and reviews.

litework

Newly Enlightened
Hey WadeF,
The Malkoff M60 Q4 will out throw to my eye the T1. The T1 does have have a brighter hotspot and is a very bright light as you already know. I'm really impressed with the build and lumen output on the Fenix T1.

I don't have the Q4, but I don't think my Malkoff M60 Cree XRE 7090 Q5 bin will out throw my T1. They're very, very close. Last night, I had an opportunity to try out both at the farm. I was trying to establish if my electric fence was up or down. I could not see the fence with the Malkoff (in a G2) at the furthest section of the field. The fence kind of disappeared then reappeared. I switched to the the Fenix T1, and I could barely make out the white fabric of the electric fence (just barely). The distance was easily 200+ yards!