Fenix T1 vs. Regal WT1: RUNTIMEs, pics - added new 2nd Edition WT1!

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
Re: Fenix T1 vs. Regal WT1: RUNTIMEs, pics - Low mode added

I'm impressed with the Regal WT1 [Version II].

I just finished two run time tests with AW 18650's and got 3 hrs 22 mins to 50% on high.
- SlotCAR
I can confirm a similar result: 3hr 16min to 50% on AW 18650 on my new second edition WT1 from tango-lui.

I've updated the main thread with my preliminary runtime/throw/output numbers of the new WT1. As you'll see, peak throw and output have each increased by ~13%, with no significant change in runtime. Very impressive!

Haven't had time to do a full review of this new light, but build quality and package extras are similar to the first edition (except for new anodizing finishes on the light, and a better quality holster).

Stereodude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Fenix T1 vs. Regal WT1: RUNTIMEs, pics - Low mode added

Gotta love that WT1 v2. :eek:oo: More output, slightly longer runtimes on 18650's. Still available for $65 shipped (through the 14th). You can't beat that with a stick! :thumbsup:

Thanks for the update to your review.

SlotCAR

Newly Enlightened
Excellant comparison and review.

Although the WT1 V2 is not the super-thrower of my RaidFire Spear, the runtime of 3+ hours, 1-stage forward clicky, 2-stage reverse clicky, SMO and OP reflectors and the ability to run CR123's, RCR123's or 18650's make this light a favorite. Gee, it even included a fairly decent holster as well.

I'm amazed at the runtime quite honestly as well as its size.

- SlotCAR

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
Although the WT1 V2 is not the super-thrower of my RaidFire Spear, the runtime of 3+ hours, 1-stage forward clicky, 2-stage reverse clicky, SMO and OP reflectors and the ability to run CR123's, RCR123's or 18650's make this light a favorite. Gee, it even included a fairly decent holster as well.

I'm amazed at the runtime quite honestly as well as its size.
Agreed - and succinctly put! I consider this light to be a great all-around value as is.

Digitally-regulated low modes would be nice in future versions, as I consider this an excellent base model to work from. But of course, that's likely to raise the costs (and potentially limit battery options). The light is quite a good recommendation as is. :thumbsup:

RainerWahnsinn

Enlightened
Agreed - and succinctly put! I consider this light to be a great all-around value as is.

Digitally-regulated low modes would be nice in future versions, as I consider this an excellent base model to work from. But of course, that's likely to raise the costs (and potentially limit battery options). The light is quite a good recommendation as is. :thumbsup:

+1 and dont forget the T7075 aloy vs most others T6061

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great info as always Selfbuilt, I think my TES Lux meter is pretty close to yours as far as results. I got similar 13,000ish numbers with my new 2nd edition WT1 on 18650's. Almost seemed a bit higher with the 2-stage switch, but it may have just been an error in my testing. :)

Great light though! You get a lot for the price. Both reflectors, two lanyards, various clip options, spare orings, etc. I got the Natural finsih. I like the fact it's only slightly larger than my CL1H but has a bit more throw thanks to the larger reflector. Now if only it had a clip option like the CL1H. :)

Patsplace

Newly Enlightened
Re: Fenix T1 vs. Regal WT1: RUNTIMEs, lots of pics.

Yeah, but it needs a fair bit of force. I thought I had done just that, then noticed a few minutes later it was back touching again. And of course, this would negate the point of having a clip. Would have been better if they have made it removable.

I read on one of the forums that soaking in hot water allows for unscrewing and clip removal.

Pat

Latest posts