Fenix TK22 Review (1x 18650 or 2x CR123)

BeastFlashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
hi folks, i've been lurking here for long time :eek:
want to clarify, is TK22 considered a thrower or floody? couldn't tell from the beamshot.
It ain't even a matter of question TK22 is hands down floody. In fact, except for my 4 x 18650 mod TK22 is my favorite flood light, no question about it it's so wide, in a pitch black house it resembles turning a light switch on more than it resembles a concentrated flashlight beam

foxxkat

Newly Enlightened
thanks folks. i juz ordered a TK75 (new one). pretty much sold on TK22 too but.... i've had 3 fenix. would like to try other make if possible. any other brand/model that can rival the TK22 in terms of size, flood and lumens?

TiA

BeastFlashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can get a ton of replies for lumen rivals, but I would also like to hear people's response for flood rivals of TK22 of similar size. I don't own dozens of lights like some in here but I have an Armytek Viking which is supposed to be the 'floody' version of the Predator, it ain't even a contest TK22 is convincingly more floody.

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
A bit late to say it but: thanks subwoofer for the review! Earlier I didn't find it justified to get TK22 but now Fenix offers a special edition in grey color and neutral tint! :thumbsup:
That means within a few weeks: :paypal:

Last edited:

dml24

Newly Enlightened
The PD35 is a floody and would compliment having the TK22 or TK15S2 better as throwers with some useful spill. PD35 gives a decent wall of light.

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the review. I had made the T15 my last 2 cell (1x18650) Fenix light because of Fenix being in the 650 (I guess my new tk22 is 680, so almost no difference) lumen range while Nitecore and so many others are driving 1x 18650 lights to over 900 lumens. I did miss the thoughness of the T series lights though. After reading this review and the many 900+ lumen light reviews here however, I realized that most (if not all) of the 900 lumen lights drop below 650 lumens within 5 minutes of being on. I just got the new light today and I really like its good beam quality and nice spill. I also like its rugged feel and its good output level spacing. Thanks for helping me not to miss out on a good light!

subwoofer

Flashlight Enthusiast
You are right, a lot of the 900lm single 18650 lights are a bit of a flash in the pan. The TK22 really is a tank of a light with great output.

I like the look of the new grey special edition.