Fenix TK45 (760 Lumens) vs. Maglite 5*R2 Cree Drop-In (1200 Lumens claimed)

ThirstyTurtle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi,

1 If you drive towards me with your Vw Golf, with your low beams at night, do they will look bright to me then? Not too bright to look at?

2 And what if you drive towards me, with your high beams, will it look too bright to me? Or not? Or is it a bit too much for my eyes?

3 Can you see your low and high beams at noon, on a cloudy day, seeing the light on the asphalt on the street? My bicycle light do not, only at high beam.

4 Do you think my Fenix TK75, will reach its beam further then your low and high beams?

Remco

I have tried to help you the best I can but you're asking me the weirdest questions that at this point have NOTHING to do with the TK45 and Maglite drop-in this thread is about. If you're interested in vehicle lighting questions I would check out that subforum on this website or else one of the many MKIV Golf/Jetta forums. That being said, I'll answer your questions:

1) Of course they'll look bright, I'm sure you could stare at them if you so desired.
2) Of course they'll look bright, brighter than the lows, I'm sure you could stare at them if desired.
3) Probably right in front of the vehicle due mostly to the fog lights, I don't know if the lows would show up.
4) The Fenix TK75 will ABSOLUTELY out-throw ANY stock vehicle headlights as they are not designed to see a spot a half mile away but more geared towards seeing EVERYTHING within a few hundred feet.

I would now request that a moderator close this thread to future postings as it has gotten wildly off-track.

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
I really wish Fenix would re-release the TK45 with the new XPG2 LED to give something like 1200 OTF lumens or something similar. The compact size of the TK45 compared to that kind of output would be pretty awesome. TK70 is crazy bright but the size is a little annoying, and the driver squeal.

This. There was a thread when the xp-g2 first came out asking what lights people wanted to see upgraded using it. I said the TK45 first. It would probably only make sense at this point though if they made it a super flood light. The xm-l2 pretty much has the 1000-ish range locked down. If they put super aggressive OP reflectors into the TK45 and threw in xp-g2's it would be really powerful and have a super nice wide hot-spot. Sadly though again that can be achieved with a single xm-l and a shallow reflector so I'm wondering if the TK45 was a one time unicorn.

Well we shall see. Maybe Fenix has a 4 barrel gattling gun up it's sleeve in the future instead :)