Fenix TK60 - 1000 lumens 3 or 4 D-cell

MichaelW

Flashlight Enthusiast
I thought it was going to 4 or 5 cells (with extender).
3 alkaline D-cells isn't going to run flat regulation of high mode for very long. and I wouldn't consider running turbo on alkaline, it is just not going to happen.

Maybe Fenix thinks NiMH D-cells are the next big thing.

Last edited:

ScaryFatKidGT

Enlightened
I thought it was going to 4 or 5 cells.
3 alkaline D-cells isn't going to run flat regulation of high mode for very long. and I wouldn't consider running turbo on alkaline, it is just not going to happen.

Maybe Fenix thinks NiMH D-cells are the next big thing.
It does use 4.

regulator

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess the extension tube allows the NiMh 4 cells to give the needed voltage that 3 alkalines would. The capacity NiMh D cells is a huge plus for extended high output. This light would be a great search and rescue light.

MichaelW

Flashlight Enthusiast
NiMH hold their voltage much better than alkalines under load.
Turbo mode of 800 ANSI lumens should be a 10 watt draw from the batteries. 3 or 4 alkaline D-cells just won't do.
Heck High mode of 350 ANSI lumens should be a 3 watt draw.
I'd like to know if the driver can handle the 5-C cell + PVC mod? [it would be longer, but slightly lighter] A quality alkaline C-cell should be able to sustain 0.6 watt.

kj2

Flashaholic
My local dealer says that it probably will come in the upcoming days of this month.
Price should be around €199,95

samgab

Flashlight Enthusiast
Brilliant LE / cop light. As previously mentioned in this thread, given the choice between a 4D Mag (even their LED offerings) and a Fenix TK60, it's a no-brainer IMO for a nightstick/flashlight for security or LE duties. I'm looking forward to seeing a selfbuilt review of this one!
20116211529454.jpg

Last edited:

snovvman

Newly Enlightened
I am only able to use flashlights with 3 cells or fewer. I'm currently using a Maglite LED 3D.

Using the TK60 with 3 NiMH cells, at 3.6 volts, is it worth it? Will I get more light from 3 alkalines at 4.5 volts? I'm guessing that the 4.5 volts will give me brighter light for a shorter time while the 3 NiMH will give me longer and more consistent, albeit dimmer, light?

If TK60 on 3 NiMH would just be bad, any recommendations for a 2-3 D size XM-L class flashlights with control on the tube?

Thank you.

Erzengel

Enlightened
Concerning the use of 3 NiMH cells, You should wait for the first thorough reviews. 3.6V can be enough, depending on the driver efficiency.

snovvman

Newly Enlightened
Concerning the use of 3 NiMH cells, You should wait for the first thorough reviews. 3.6V can be enough, depending on the driver efficiency.

Thank you. That is great advice. I will wait for the review.

Latest posts