Fenix TK75 (3xXM-L U2, 4x18650) Review: RUNTIMES, BEAMSHOTS, VIDEO and more!

NorthernStar

Enlightened
You can run it on two or four, since it is a 2s2p configuration. Just make sure the two you insert are next to each other but turned in opposite directions in the battery holder.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Thank´s for the advice!

I´ve doing testings running it with 2x18650 and 3x18650 batteries, but the light does not perform well with this battery configuration. It can not being run at turbo mode for longer than just a few minutes before it cuts off(not steps down). I don´t think it´s becasue of any issues with this sample, but it demands so much power so it can only be run on lower modes and for a shorter time if one does not have 4x18650 batteries inserted. Just like the manual says, running the TK75on 2x18650 is realy only for emergency situations. I am awaiting to receive a new 18650 replacement battery, and when i receive it i expect that the light will perform perfectly.

nd22121

Newly Enlightened
Selfbuilt,
I am brand new to this forum and I really appreciate the time and work you put into this review. I was looking for a light that has good throw to start out with and I have been perusing the review section a lot lately and I think you have me sold on getting this light. This was a great review and a huge help to someone new to flashlights.
Thanks!

akhyar

Enlightened
Selfbuilt,
I am brand new to this forum and I really appreciate the time and work you put into this review. I was looking for a light that has good throw to start out with and I have been perusing the review section a lot lately and I think you have me sold on getting this light. This was a great review and a huge help to someone new to flashlights.
Thanks!

Just wanna share that Fenix has an updated TK75 for 2015 which has more lumens than the older version.
You might wanna check thr new model when you are in store

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
My pleasure, and :welcome:

Just wanna share that Fenix has an updated TK75 for 2015 which has more lumens than the older version. You might wanna check thr new model when you are in store
Yes, this review is rather old now (Feb 2013), so I would expect more output from the currently shipping versions.

nd22121

Newly Enlightened
Just wanna share that Fenix has an updated TK75 for 2015 which has more lumens than the older version.
You might wanna check thr new model when you are in store
Yes I did see that, thank you for mentioning. I did get the older version rated at 2900 lumens only because I wasnt able to spend over like $250. And I think with batteries the 2015 version would have been past that. I dont know though, maybe I should have just bought that one anyway. From reading other threads on here I know the lumen output isnt linear so the new one wont be almost twice as bright, but I would assume you could at least tell a difference from just viewing the two beams, side by side.

daicatudius

Newly Enlightened
Yes I did see that, thank you for mentioning. I did get the older version rated at 2900 lumens only because I wasnt able to spend over like $250. And I think with batteries the 2015 version would have been past that. I dont know though, maybe I should have just bought that one anyway. From reading other threads on here I know the lumen output isnt linear so the new one wont be almost twice as bright, but I would assume you could at least tell a difference from just viewing the two beams, side by side.

With online shopping, you can get the TK 75 2015 version for about $140-$150 only. And $100 for a good charger and batteries is ..quite enough? :)

I love the new light, but still waiting for some reviews. And yes, selfbuilt will have it soon! :thumbsup:

nd22121

Newly Enlightened
so at first i wasnt really impressed with the 2900 lumen TK75, because i tested inside my house in a relatively dark room. i mean dont get me wrong it was bright but i was like, oh okay. then later in the evening when it was completely dark out i took it outside and boy was i wrong. even on the lowest mode is reach the end of my yard (own just over an acre, but probably half is wooded). then i cycled through the 3 other modes and holy freaking crap that thing is awesome. not only is it ridiculously bright, its also lights up the entire yard as well as the length of the yard. i am so impressed, i think i am sending it back and getting the 2015 version. i am very curious how that handles!

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the original TK75 3 x XM-L U2, 2600 lumens. I am still impressed with this stock light.

ven

Flashaholic
Congrats, i dont think the difference will be huge,more like a little bump up tbh. However the UI looks better,more so with an actual lock out on the 2015 version(and strap,although i am not sure how practical that would be with it swinging into you).

Its a classic, great all round light imo and an awesome host for mods due to the great heat dissipation from the large head. To make it really versatile,look into the extension tubes.....over double your run times or even 2 extensions(strap would be more useful then :laughing: ).

nd22121

Newly Enlightened
Congrats, i dont think the difference will be huge,more like a little bump up tbh. However the UI looks better,more so with an actual lock out on the 2015 version(and strap,although i am not sure how practical that would be with it swinging into you).

Its a classic, great all round light imo and an awesome host for mods due to the great heat dissipation from the large head. To make it really versatile,look into the extension tubes.....over double your run times or even 2 extensions(strap would be more useful then :laughing: ).

i am interested in the mods you are referring too. i saw some threads about modding, but are you aware of specific threads that instuct how to mod certain lights, like sticky threads? or would i be better off just doing a search and going from there.

RemcoM

Enlightened
I have the TK75,

Want hit a treeline with it, at 600 meters, should that be visible=

hugodrax

Newly Enlightened
I want to add to this review an addendum on how reliable this light is. I bought this beast when it first came out, 2600 lumens. Still use that same flashlight its been going strong as EDC work light with the same 4 ARB-L2S battery and the Fenix ARE-C2 charger. 2 years ago it also saved a life during a man overboard situation. This sucker was able to illuminate the area in pitch black night (no moon light on top of that) and spot the individual.

It has fallen, gets banged up from daily use etc.. and it works like a champ for 5 straight years of use. The dark anodizing has held up incredibly well, only a small few spots of white.

Anyhow adding a new Fenix to the mix for work. The Fenix LD75C and hopefully I get a good full 5+ years out of it.

BTW: 2600 lumens out of the old TK-75 is still impressive and its amazing to see the new model hits 4000. :)

Surefire better watch their rear, cause I have to say Fenix is producing some rock solid daily work products :)

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cool! Thanks for sharing. That must have been a pretty intense situation with the overboard person. I'm so glad to hear that the light helped!

I still think the TK75 is my favorite large light and am really happy with it. Once you get to 2600 lumens 4000 lumens honestly doesn't even look that much brighter. I gave my stock TK75 to my dad though and have been using one modified by Vinh for a few years. It's the TK75vnkt which has a little more lumens and a lot more throw. Sometimes I miss the bigger hotspot of the original TK75 though.

Anyway, yes, what an awesome light!