Fire Foxes IV FF4

pebbles

Newly Enlightened
I ordered the 65 watt version today. If all goes well, I will not regret selling my TN32.

Last edited:

ImagioX1

Newly Enlightened
So exactly where is everyone getting their FF4? I see on FireFoxes website that there is only one authorized dealer in the US and member "Lip" is the dealer but how do I go about purchasing one?

woodsman99

Newly Enlightened
Very old thread I know.. just wondering if anyone is still selling a spare battery carrier for the FF4. My flashlight has suddenly stopped working after about 100 hours of use over some years (never dropped) and just trying to rule out common problems.

Also, I bought my FF4 from Wallbuys 4 years ago (not used frequently).. has anybody tried returning their FF4 under the limited warranty scheme? Are problems with the battery carrier covered?

Also, do I just return to Wallbuys or to a specialized repair centre? I'm in Europe.

Thanks for any advice you can provide.

Scott

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
Hi Scott!

Funny you should resurrect this old thread, as I was just looking at my FF3 &FF4, and the carrier for the FF3 doesn't work.

I cleaned the contacts, coated with DeOxIt, fresh Panasonic charged batteries, but no contact. Other carrier works fine. There is some being sold on Amazon for $96, but I got mine originally from member Lips @ FF forum. Not sure how to contact him after all this time, as he was last active at FF's over 2 yrs ago. BVH, or anyone who can put me in touch with Lips would be appreciated.

My email is [email protected]

The website address on the pamphlet http://www.fire-foxes.com is dead.

woodsman99

Newly Enlightened
Hi Scott!

Funny you should resurrect this old thread, as I was just looking at my FF3 &FF4, and the carrier for the FF3 doesn't work.

I cleaned the contacts, coated with DeOxIt, fresh Panasonic charged batteries, but no contact. Other carrier works fine. There is some being sold on Amazon for $96, but I got mine originally from member Lips @ FF forum. Not sure how to contact him after all this time, as he was last active at FF's over 2 yrs ago. BVH, or anyone who can put me in touch with Lips would be appreciated.

My email is [email protected]

The website address on the pamphlet http://www.fire-foxes.com is dead.
Just to second the request about getting in contact with Lips... seems there are good and bad battery carriers out there, and I see Lips has a good reputation on the forum for selling quality accessories.

I checked out the webstore selling the carriers on Amazon for $96, and there are lots of recent complaints and 1* reviews unfortunately about the vendor.

I see banggood dot com has the carrier advertised for $40, but they are out of stock (and also don't seem to stock fire-foxes anymore... so probably this situation is permanent).

Has anyone been able to strip down an FF3 or FF4 and do diagnostics on the internals before (with a multi-meter for example). If so, any pointers where to start are appreciated. There is always the possibility that one of my kids has dropped my FF4 without telling me ("Mr Nobody" is often to blame for unexplained breakages and problems around the house!)

Scott

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
Well you could try a purchase from Amazon, and if it doesn't work out, just do a return/refund with Amazon.

No other choices.

Ill let let you know if I hear from Lips.

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
I did just hear from Lips (Vic) from another email that BVH gave me, and he is well, but alas no more FF3/FF/4 parts available.

Luckily when i rummaged around, I found that I had bought a spare battery carrier that now restores both of my FF's to working status. There are 4 set screws in one end of holder, but mine are stripped, so no Allen wrench will unscrew them.

I suspect there is a small circuit board inside that has a failed component, given the voltage and amps flowing into the HID ballast. It's a shame for those owners who have no other battery holder, as this renders their otherwise impressive small HID useless.

Also I did place an order for that $96 holder listed on Amazon in mid March before I found my spare, but it was never delivered, and no reply from "BigBazaar" seller. Amazon refunded me.

Last edited:

One missed call 2

Newly Enlightened
I did just hear from Lips (Vic) from another email that BVH gave me, and he is well, but alas no more FF3/FF/4 parts available.

Luckily when i rummaged around, I found that I had bought a spare battery carrier that now restores both of my FF's to working status. There are 4 set screws in one end of holder, but mine are stripped, so no Allen wrench will unscrew them.

I suspect there is a small circuit board inside that has a failed component, given the voltage and amps flowing into the HID ballast. It's a shame for those owners who have no other battery holder, as this renders their otherwise impressive small HID useless.

Also I did place an order for that $96 holder listed on Amazon in mid March before I found my spare, but it was never delivered, and no reply from "BigBazaar" seller. Amazon refunded me.

One of my favorite lights. I am glad I bought a spar carrier years ago when I heard that some other members had issues. If anyone ever finds another source for the carriers, please let me/us know. Couldn't hurt to have a 2nd spare as I would hate to toss a perfectly good light because of a carrier. Thanks.

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
I doubt any of these will show up again, such a long time since featured, and no contact from any sellers or the manufacturer.

DOHC20

Newly Enlightened
i too would be interested in some spare parts like a bulb and battery carrier for my FF4, i did some digging on the net for fire foxes and i came up with this website...

https://henry548.en.ec21.com/

seems its the parent company or something like that for fire foxes..if you check out their products section it seem they are selling a 40W HID with a similar shape battery tube/carrier possibly..i tried e mailing the contact on there but have heard nothing back as yet..maybe some of you guys could try as well if interested?

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
You ever hear anything from them?

I was thinking of trying to get a run of spare lenses made by someone here in the States for the FF3 and FF4 since they never came with spares. It would REALLY suck if one of my lenses broke!!!

Last edited:

darkduude

Newly Enlightened
What would a mint condition FF4 sell for now days? Only been on for 10 minutes to make sure it worked.