• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Firefly special edition

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Firefly special edition (For Sale)

I got a partial or I think that is what it was sold as without a module. It came to me with no retaining ring for the module. I don't know if that is normal or not. I'm sure if you need one you can get it from the local HW store or from DSpeck.

Wayne

McGizmo

Flashaholic

[ QUOTE ]
ufokillerz said:
don someone already bidded 200!!

$225!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Well sheesh! When I read the post, Wayne had just stated the final package. I didn't scroll up and see that folks had already bid! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif Heck, for a while , I thought I was a contender! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Duh!!

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast

3 watt Luxeon follow the new Bin code system that Lumileds announced not too long ago. It's hard to tell from the datasheets, but, IMHO the 3 W are possibly the premium 1W. They are spec'd at 700mA and 1000. The die is the same as the 1W.

Comparing a 1W vs a 3W at the same current, I would think the 3W would be slightly brighter with the same driver driving both of them.

The ones I've seen so far and that is only a few seconds of turn on time is that the one I used in this module has a nice white beam. White is relative and I can never be sure what white is.

markus_i

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
this_is_nascar said:
For us slower folks, what does the 3-watter do that we don't find in the 1-watters? Is it whiter, brighter, longer runtime, etc?

[/ QUOTE ]

From what I can see so far (still have to get my greedy hands on a few of them...), they are:
- single chip (like the 1W)
- use the thicker lead frame (like the 5W)
- use the direct mount to the aluminium star (like the 5W)
- are spec'ed for 700/1000 mA
- are spec'ed for 10k hour lifetime (like the 1W)
- should have a light output comparable to the high end 1W at similar current

So, you may regard them as legally overdrivable high-quality 1W /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Oh, and if you use more than one in your design: the star is not isolated against the LED (like the 5W, unlike the 1W), so you'll either have to think hard about an isolated screw mount (isolating sheet and nylon screws?) or just epoxy them down...

HTH
Bye
Markus

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast

What? That's it?? Only one more day left.

I would think you could better than that.

jtice

Flashaholic

tsk tsk tsk

I really thought this would go for more than this.
Its certainly worth more. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast

Wayne -

You said sound off about cut-off time so here goes. I like 8:00 p.m. PST much better. Being in CST I can't stay up until 2 a.m. Monday morning. I know it's too late to change ending time unless you extended the auction.

With a great deal of respect along with an odd and sometimes undetectable sense of humor; I have this:

I may have got lost in the developing parameters of this auction so I have a few questions.

Is the total winning bid minus $90.00 going to CPF? If so, then that is no where being break-even for you and makes your auction a very generous contribution.

Is this package a brand new FireFly with 2 wide open MadMax modules using 3W emitters of two different colors or does it include 3 MMx3W/White/RB/Cyan?

Hard to believe as it may be; some members might not be completely aware of the fantastic engineering and workmanship found in dat2zip modules. They are truly little marvels. Their unique copling with the new 3 watt LED emitters would qualify these pieces as being high performance, one-of-a-kind, super-hybrids.

Installing one of these super-hybrids in the respected form of a FireFly would result in a light of such exacting standards and surprising output it must surely be unparalleled in it's class.

The forerunner of the FireFly, the LL123, was won with a bid of $601.00. Your light runs a 3W LED so wouldn't it stand to reason it might be worth $900.00 dollars? If your package is 3 modules might the package be worth around $2400.00?

If Wolfen wins this for $300.00 I'm concerned he may get a visit from a police officer that lives on an island.

Wolfen –

Just having a little fun. I'm not bidding on this one. If you win, I think you are gonna love this package. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast

This package includes one Brand new Firefly with three Madmax modules, not one module like in the complete FF. Each of the three Madmax Modules has one of the new Luxeon 3W on it making it a one of kind.

I'm waiting for this one to sell allowing it to be the first off the blocks before I start producing any Modules with the new Luxeon 3W. The owner of this can claim these are the first every modules to contain the new Luxeon 3W emitters on them.

I have chosen the Madmax module and not the plus to give a good compromise between light output and run times. I believe with the white Luxeon 3 Madmax module the beam is a outstanding white. These emitters are off the same reel that Don has used in some of his DB1000 creations. This should also give a good 2 hours of solid use on a fresh 123 battery.

All the proceeds go to CPF minus $90.00 which will compensate the $$ amount I used to buy the FF. The modules in essense are being donated to CPF through this auction. I will make zero, zip, nada off the sale of these modules.

I'm wondering if Wolfen will get the deal of the Century here. No complaining after the fact that you missed this. It's been here long enough and there will never be a one of kind of this nature offered again.

Wolfen getting a great deal here. He is still the highest bidder at $300.00.

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast

Less than 10 hours left on this auction. Going fast.

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast

OK...

To give this auction a jump start:

$350.00

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

MR Bulk

Flashaholic

THREE HUNDRED DOLLARS???!!! Yow!

Well alrighty then...IF the bid goes OVER $300, I will also contribute a brand-new Fraen Low Profile optic to be mailed directly to the winning bidder. Can't stand the thought of all that quality output from the Luxeon III's going to waste through an *gasp* old-fashioned NX-05! You'll have to turn it down yourself to fit the FireFly, though.

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Firefly special edition (For Sale) Luxeon 3Ws

Post title changed to entice more people.

Beretta1526

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Firefly special edition (For Sale) Luxeon 3Ws

If I only had a few spare hundred $ around... where'd I leave the piggybank?

... rats /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/broke.gif it's empty.

MR Bulk

Flashaholic

[ QUOTE ]
Wolfen said:
$400.00

[/ QUOTE ]

Dang, there goes my one spare Fraen...

Latest posts