Firefly/sub lumens?? Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
I actually have a funky firefly mode story that's too goofy to not be true which happened a month or so ago There is a low firefly mode on my Tiara headlamp. I was online, maybe even on CPF when the power cut out. There was a freak wind storm and the power wasn't going to be back on that night. On the table across the room there was a faint glow. So walked over and low and behold it was my headlamp. Somehow the firefly must have gotten turned on when unloading the pack from the day's hike.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I actually have a funky firefly mode story that's too goofy to not be true which happened a month or so ago There is a low firefly mode on my Tiara headlamp. I was online, maybe even on CPF when the power cut out. There was a freak wind storm and the power wasn't going to be back on that night. On the table across the room there was a faint glow. So walked over and low and behold it was my headlamp. Somehow the firefly must have gotten turned on when unloading the pack from the day's hike.

Hope you didn't step barefoot on a Lego when going to retrieve it.

Tre_Asay

Enlightened
Hey, people will argue about not needing any feature.

People will say "I get along fine without":
CRI
warm tints
neutral tints
cool tints
bright lights
dim lights
spot lights
flood lights
search lights
head lights
flash lights
strobe lights
cheap lights
expensive lights
store-bought lights
custom lights
chinese lights
american lights
single mode lights
multimode lights
variable output lights
plastic lights
copper lights
brass lights
aluminum lights
stainless steel lights
titanium lights
led lights
incandescant lights
tactical lights
edc lights
aaaa lights
aaa lights
aa lights
c lights
d lights
123 lights
18650 lights
single cell lights
multi cell lights
..."and anyone who says they seriously use (insert list item) is just fooling around".

for me I will use the best tool for the job, and sometimes the best level of light to use happens to be less than 1 lumen.

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow! Lots of anger over firefly/moonlight mode. It's a light level on a flashlight! Chill!

StorminMatt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow! Lots of anger over firefly/moonlight mode. It's a light level on a flashlight! Chill!

Good point. I'm not a fan of moonlight modes. But if someone else likes it, fine. The only thing I don't like is if a light HAS to turn on in moonlight mode, and you HAVE to switch through it to get to brighter modes. Otherwise, I don't care if it's there or not!

eh4

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is this firefly mode too warm tinted. Be honest.

It's Bad@sssss -is what it is, ... homemade ember on a stick lit by firefly HCRI Nichia neutral. Doesn't get much better than that,
unless Maybe if someone starts a fire with a turbo. ;-)..

Last edited:

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use the 0.15 lumen on my ArmyTek A1 to light up and assist when I have to change diapers on my son at night when he is asleep. And also to get around the apartment at night and not step on the Lego (damn things have the tendency to show up in the oddest places at the weirdest times)

Tre_Asay

Enlightened
I use the 0.15 lumen on my ArmyTek A1 to light up and assist when I have to change diapers on my son at night when he is asleep. And also to get around the apartment at night and not step on the Lego (damn things have the tendency to show up in the oddest places at the weirdest times)
Everyone keeps talking about stepping on legos, all you have to do to not have that be a problem is walk on railroad gravel barefoot a few miles a week for several months, it will strengthen the muscles in the feet so that you are able to doge the full force before it hurts.
:p

Then again most people aren't as extreme as me when it comes to training, next I am going to try to hold my breath for 5 minutes.

eaglemax

Newly Enlightened

Firefly/Moon mode should be renamed Lego mode as they really hurt when you seem to find them in the dead of night.

vadimax

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd name ML a family mode. As it is mostly necessary to not awake ones kids, wife, those that we care of. If you live alone enjoying your egoism, for sure ML mode is useless :) If I had no ML, I'd better hurt myself, but not disturb sweet dreams of my love :)

As simple as that.

DellSuperman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Everyone keeps talking about stepping on legos, all you have to do to not have that be a problem is walk on railroad gravel barefoot a few miles a week for several months, it will strengthen the muscles in the feet so that you are able to doge the full force before it hurts.[emoji14]
Then again most people aren't as extreme as me when it comes to training, next I am going to try to hold my breath for 5 minutes.
Haha, i had a good laugh at your training methods. Update me when u have achieved the 5mins breathe will ya?

Firefly mode?
Didn't use to like it till my wife complains that my low mode is still too bright, so i am starting to appreciate firefly/ML mode these days in utter darkness moments.

scout24

Flashaholic
I'm going to close this at least long enough to clean things up. Off topic posts will be removed. Posts discussing the banning of other members will be deleted. Trolling and baiting posts will be removed. IF I open it back up, and this persists, further action will be taken.

Edit- As much as I think it's a viable topic, I would think it best to let this thread go. Should the topic arise in the future, I hope it stays more civilized. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.