First forum knife Final

Empyfree

Enlightened
Excitement's building now! I won't get mine for a few days at least, it's being shipped to my summer camp in Maine (I'm still in the UK!) I fly out to the states tomorrow and should head up country a couple of days later if all goes to plan. Then I have the fun of unwrapping my "present" (it is a present, a present to myself!)

The photo's look great, scheisz's pics really show of the satin finish of the blade, and Greta, that edge work looks amazing!

Top work George and Carol, I don't often get spare cash to buy knives, but if I ever do again I know where I'll come!

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got my notice of attempted delivery:sick2:. I'll sign the card and drop in back in the box. No way can I beat the PO closing time.
I must say, that is some very fast shipping from Canada:twothumbs.

:popcorn::popcorn:

weedle256

Newly Enlightened
WOW!

What else is there to say?

Oh, pictures...

Some leather
100_0321.jpg

Some not
100_0322.jpg

Naked
100_0323.jpg

100_0324.jpg

Just like Christmas morning!
100_0326.jpg

george tichbourne

KNIFEMAKER
UPDATE: MAY 6th - 10:13PM
------------------------------

Yesterday was a very busy day in our store and I only managed to get
one package in the mail.

Today was a Dr. appt and tests day.:ohgeez:

Tomorrow will be a SHIPPING day. :D:D We are expecting customers in but I still should be able to get some in the mail.

:mecry:plus I wanted my blisters on my fingers to heal. Cleaning out those holes with polishing wax and a chamis is really hard on the fingers.

Great pictures everyone !!

Cheers, Carol

george tichbourne

KNIFEMAKER
Get home.....there's a package by the door!!! Run up....what is it? From Canada! Whipeeee! Go inside...oh no...baby is crying....I guess I'll get to open it later...got to relieve the very stressed out mom with the screaming 3 week old. So 2AM rolls around, baby is asleep...on me, when I remember I never even got to open my package. With the care and silence only attainable when based on the terror of waking up either the baby or the wife sleeping a few rooms away I open the box. I take out the packaging....I see the inner paper....and unwrap it. Shhhhhh....it's ok, it's ok, go back to sleep...whew.... "Honey? Is she awake?" Crap. "No babe, you go back to sleep too." OK, got to be even more quiet, I guess. OK, down to the inner plastic...oh, more wrapping...this thing is well packaged. Let's just pop this open.....
"Waaaaaaaa"......"Honey?"
I guess I'll continue opening it when I get home tonight.
Man, has life ever changed. It used to be that when a custom knife showed up, the next few hours were consumed with looking, feeling, fondling and photographing it. I couldn't even get this one opened!!!!!
I'll rerport back tonight...or maybe tomorrow.

Hope everyone is on the mend!

Did you manage to get your package open yet ?:sssh: Sorry about that :) I wasn't considering keeping Baby and Mom asleep when I was wrapping that ...............

Cheers, Carol

george tichbourne

KNIFEMAKER
Is there any way to auto-sign-up for any future projects you guys do?? :)

Sure - all you fellows have to do is start another project :):):)

We used to have a list of people we'd send advance notices to when did something "new" or "special". It's something we're looking at again. I would send the advance notices and who ever made the purchase within the aloted time would get a percentage off the list price.

Cheers, Carol
http://www.tichbourneknives.com
905-670-0200

george tichbourne

KNIFEMAKER
OK - one thing I've noticed - no one has said anything on the forum about the letter that has accompanied the knife. Not only the letter but if you look closely you will see a watermark of THE CPF Knife emblazoned in the letterhead. Anyone noticed that yet ????:poke:

Cheers, Carol

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK - one thing I've noticed - no one has said anything on the forum about the letter that has accompanied the knife. Not only the letter but if you look closely you will see a watermark of THE CPF Knife emblazoned in the letterhead. Anyone noticed that yet ????:poke:

Cheers, Carol

i am guessing no one even saw the letter, what with the exicitement with the knife. That really looks fantastic! cant wait...

Crenshaw

george tichbourne

KNIFEMAKER
i am guessing no one even saw the letter, what with the exicitement with the knife. That really looks fantastic! cant wait...

Crenshaw

Oh NO don't tell me that :ohgeez: those are the adoption papers. These are not mere knives they come with their own credentials :whistle:.

George and I may have to do a recall ............if no one reads the letters.
That's important stuff you know :faint:

Cheers, Carol :)

Greta

Flashaholic
I actually read all three letters! NO LIE!! Even though they were all the same except for a few things... I'm one of those really, really OCD people who just has to make sure that they all say the same thing... :eek: And yes, I noticed the water mark... and yes, I had to pick up the inserted card after I opened each letter and the card fell on the floor... :eek:

weedle256

Newly Enlightened

Cheers, Carol

Yes, I read it too. That's how I know I'm supposed to sharpen at a 17 degree angle... and that #12 is mine :grin2:

oh, and that is "PROTO 1" in the background

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh NO don't tell me that :ohgeez: those are the adoption papers. These are not mere knives they come with their own credentials :whistle:.

George and I may have to do a recall ............if no one reads the letters.
That's important stuff you know :faint:

Cheers, Carol :)

just to extend the suspense a little, ill read the letter before opening it up, if tensixteens hasnt already done so..:D

Crenshaw

Monocrom

Flashaholic
:):) I hope you were careful when you opened that package, you have any idea how long it takes me to wrap those things up and make them look pretty !?! :whistle:

Cheers, Carol

About a week for each knife? ;)

I must admit, your attention to detail and wrapping skills are very impressive. :twothumbs

KingSmono

Enlightened

Cheers, Carol

Whoops, forgot to mention that when I posted the pics! I definitely noticed the attention to detail in the letter though! When I was showing someone the knife, I also handed them the letter that was tailored to me and my *specific* knife... and I noticed the watermark in the background as well. And the letter was in an envelope with my name printed all fancy-schmancy on it. Very classy! Thanks again!! :D