First forum knife Final

J_Oei

Enlightened
Got mine. #31.

This is my first fixed blade, as all my other knives are folders.
The quality of this thing is great!!! I may seriously have to
rethink my position on fixed blades.

Now I just have to figure out how to mount the sheath on my
belt. Any ideas?

Empyfree

Enlightened
Cheers Carol.

I'm not used to the USPS website... There's not that many of us here at camp yet, we're mainly just setting up and getting ready for the kids arriving in June, but there's still enough folk around for a package to be "intercepted..."

I've spent the past four days raking up pine needles... Hopefully tomorrow we'll move onto something more productive, like polishing the grass or dusting the lake...!

george tichbourne

KNIFEMAKER
Got mine. #31.

This is my first fixed blade, as all my other knives are folders.
The quality of this thing is great!!! I may seriously have to
rethink my position on fixed blades.

Now I just have to figure out how to mount the sheath on my
belt. Any ideas?

Greetings "J" - you have the kydex sheath and that particular configuration is intended as a neck sheath NOT a belt sheath. Now the leather sheaths that George made up for some of the group have a belt loop that you slip your belt thru.

If you would like a leather sheath George can make one up. Cost would be $50 plus shipping and handling and approx 1 1/2wks.

To wear the kydex sheath you require cord, leather lace, or something of that sort, run the cord thru the two holes at the bottom so that the knife handle is aiming towards the floor.

Hope that helps :)

Glad you like the knife, check out our Art page to see some fancy fixed blades, George also makes some gorgeous folders :whistle:

Cheers, Carol
http://www.tichbourneknives.com
905-670-0200

george tichbourne

KNIFEMAKER
Cheers Carol.

I'm not used to the USPS website... There's not that many of us here at camp yet, we're mainly just setting up and getting ready for the kids arriving in June, but there's still enough folk around for a package to be "intercepted..."

I've spent the past four days raking up pine needles... Hopefully tomorrow we'll move onto something more productive, like polishing the grass or dusting the lake...!

Sounds like fun, maybe you could take the day tomorrow and position yourself at the post box ;)

Cheers, Carol

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
UPDATE : May 15th, 2008 - FINAL SHIPMENT LEFT TODAY !!!!

-------------------------
The final shipment left today- below are the list of fellows:

1) Tensixteen
2) Tensixteen Sr.
3) Ghostreaction
4) Sesh
5) Crenshaw

---------------------------------
This is kind of a sad day for us because now ALL of the project has been shipped. There are no more. :mecry:

Your PROJECT is TOTALLY COMPLETE :wave:

What we're waiting for is to hear from everyone who received one.

There are a number of you still awaiting arrival but it shouldn't be long. The ones that shipped today will take a little longer.

We'll keep checking the thread for photos and arrival notices.

:wave::mecry: Carol & George
905-670-0200
:twothumbs:twothumbs:twothumbs
yay!

Crenshaw

LEDad

Newly Enlightened
George and Carol,

I received my knife yesterday and it is really amazing. I ordered one because I liked the design that was being considered, but I must say, the reality is so much more impressive than the design. It is obvious that this knife was made by a real craftsman. I had considered buying more than one when I saw the design, but wavered, and now I am really sorry.

Thank you very much for your patience and courtesies in the course of the "creative" process and for the superb knife that you created. I also received the sheaths and they are perfect for the knife. Thanks again.

Barney

Empyfree

Enlightened
It's here!!!!

The wonderful postal service delivered it to the wrong address (how many summer camps they think are in the are I don't know...) and it arrived today with an re-direct instruction attached to it!

Awesome... Simply awesome. Thanks to everyone involved in this project. Carol, I read the letter before I opened the wrapping on the knife, thanks for making the final part of the project feel so personal.

Now I have to explain to everybody here why I felt inclined to spend this sort of money on a knife, only one guy understands my reasons, and he's gutted he didn't jump into the purchase earlier!

Gotta fly now, my grass is not going to get polished without me...

george tichbourne

KNIFEMAKER
Good to hear the knives are arriving and everyone is happy.:)

We're having our first long wkend of the summer and we still have the furnace on :shakehead

Waiting to hear more knives have arrived.:popcorn:

Have a great weekend,

Cheers, Carol & George:):)

Donny Dont

Newly Enlightened
Hi Carol,

The knife arrived safe and sound today. I am very impressed. The knife fits my hand beautifully and it cuts so smoothly: form and function perfectly matched. The handle material is gorgeous. I cannot let my wife see the knife, or she would claim it for herself simply because of the color of the wood. (And maybe because she thinks I have too many knives already . . .)

Thank you, George, for making such a splendid knife, and thank you, Carol, for making the process so vividly available to us. I learned so much! And finally, thank you to those at CPF who made this project possible by organizing, designing, commenting on and purchasing.

I will treasure this piece of art for a long time.

Joe

Telkin

Enlightened
My brother took some Macro pictures of the fantastic knife. Thought I'd share.

CPF_knife-1.jpg

CPF_knife-10.jpg

CPF_knife-2.jpg

CPF_knife-3.jpg

CPF_knife-4.jpg

CPF_knife-5.jpg

CPF_knife-6.jpg

CPF_knife-7.jpg

CPF_knife-8.jpg

CPF_knife-9.jpg

Last edited:

george tichbourne

KNIFEMAKER
UPDATE on SINGAPORE parcel May 22/08
-------------------------------------------
Gentlemen - and there are 5 of you waiting for your parcel
It is as of today in your customs dept in Singapore. See Below :

Item Number
: EE102176056CA
Product Type: Xpresspost International
Date of EventTime of EventLocationDescriptionRetail LocationSignatory Name2008/05/2110:39Item has been sent to customs in the destination country 2008/05/2108:22International item arrived in destination country 2008/05/2014:43SIN,Singapore Item out for delivery 2008/05/2013:00International item arrived in destination country 2008/05/1609:43International item has left Canada 2008/05/1515:15MISSISSAUGA, ON
CHEERS , CAROLItem accepted at the Post Office

george tichbourne

KNIFEMAKER
The golden look around the edge of the CPF logo is a slight residue of oxide produced when the laser burned into the steel. I rubbed each logo after it returned from the etcher to remove as much of the oxidation as possible but some remained along the edges.

George

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
yup, nick just texted me to say he will probably have them in his hands by monday.

you mean that nice looking gold trim is a defect ?
if only defects in lights looked that nice...:candle:

:grin2:

Crenshaw

george tichbourne

KNIFEMAKER
you mean that nice looking gold trim is a defect ?
:candle:
Crenshaw

NO - it's not a defect. :ohgeez: It's a result of the process and if it read as a defect that is not correct. I'll have to have a little chat with George :whistle:

Looking forward to hearing from you fellows when you get your parcel out of customs !!! :party:

Heard from one of the fellows and his parcel has arrived in Indonesia. :)

There are people we haven't heard from but by this point everyone should have their knives.

Cheers, Carol :wave:
905-670-0200