Flashaholic Getogether in Singapore! part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

iluvflashlight

Newly Enlightened
hahah so humorous
hey flashlight umm actually i wanted a led bulb of ard 500 lumen u can find and order for me and i wanted a thrower type then do meet

GhostReaction

Flashlight Enthusiast
Flashlight, is iluvflashlight your girlfriend??
If i luvflashlight is a guy and he loves you now that would be eeky :sick: :nana:

ILF if you are looking for 500 lumens flashlight with throw you might wanna take a look at deal extreme. They carry reasonably priced light and some are really brighter than surefire.it will be cheaper to buy a new light from deal extreme than mod your current surefire.
Look for those light with p7 led they are more then 500lumens.

iluvflashlight

Newly Enlightened
oh noooo
my nick is intended as i love to play with flashlight not the user name hahha i choose the username at night so anyhow type hahahah
hmm really then i might try thinking

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
i am actually considering the 2 x 18650 romisen. it is (according to the specs) a very very bright light

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
and yes, my wife WOULD hammer me, which is why i just went and shaved off all my hair, so that there is nothing for her to grab when she sees that i got me some other lights :)

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
one last thing, tonight coming home, my security was walkin around with a 3D standard Mag, i happened to have my E01 on my keychain and my C3 with 2 x AA extended running on eneloops, it blew his light away!!!!

when he shined his mag at me and i responded with the C3, it was hilarious, now he wants to know where to get it and i have sent him to DX to take a look :)

it is things like this that makes my day (and also helping friends find their stuff when they drop it in a dark pub)

cheers and it would be great if there were other stories to share too.

p.s. my wife (who is a teacher) took my Mag 3D to her school camp in Lim Chu Kang and had the brightest and longest runtime light there, awright!!

iluvflashlight

Newly Enlightened
sia la wife school teacher
she teach which school
flashlight im looking under lighthound.com if i want something then i tell you

Last edited:

iluvflashlight

Newly Enlightened
one last thing, tonight coming home, my security was walkin around with a 3D standard Mag, i happened to have my E01 on my keychain and my C3 with 2 x AA extended running on eneloops, it blew his light away!!!!

when he shined his mag at me and i responded with the C3, it was hilarious, now he wants to know where to get it and i have sent him to DX to take a look :)

it is things like this that makes my day (and also helping friends find their stuff when they drop it in a dark pub)

cheers and it would be great if there were other stories to share too.

p.s. my wife (who is a teacher) took my Mag 3D to her school camp in Lim Chu Kang and had the brightest and longest runtime light there, awright!!
u modify ur surefire C3 to run on aa
how u do it i also want

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
I surf CPF everyday and everynight too. I been hunting down a nice P7 light and was almost about to get the Romisen one off DX till i came across this thread.

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/193177

Would any of you be interested in this? if so, we could combine and order to save on shipping costs instead of ordering one by one. Am not sure if using vPost to get the lights in would be more worthwhile than shipping direct but that is something to be considered later.

Nothing heard about the price yet but this is something i think i would get and keep and probably not need antoher light for a veeeeeeeeeeery long time.

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
after surfing some more, i am now getting a bit obsessed about doing an ROP mod on my maglite (which is a 3D), has anyone here done this mod (whether 2D, 3D or in any size) and are parts available here or only online?

Luxbright

Enlightened
I have a 2C ROP running on 2 x unprotected 18650s which I believe will be more comfortable for our hands.

Parts can be purchased from dealers in CPF of maybe someone might have some spare aluminium reflectors and borofloat lens which is a must.

sORe-EyEz

Enlightened
hi to all here,

wah, you folks got lights so blasting bright. my lights bearly do 200lm.:ohgeez:

if got outing, where u all go? :grouphug:

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
200 lumens is still better than anything i currently own :) Note that i was THINKING of doing ROP :) still cannot afford time and $$ for it as got other priorities.

For me, i go night fishing every so often so there is always some place somewhere which will require lights, so my preference is currently multi mode running on AA or 2AA with decent run times.

Was consider the liteflux LF5 but havent finished reading the threads yet.

I carry my 1st gen AA Jetbeam running on 14500 but find that it dies on me quite suddenly at times so i have my E01 at all times

Status
Not open for further replies.