Flashaholic Getogether in Singapore! PART-III (3)

gtwace

Enlightened
Ya, I am eager to go too, but we need 5 ppl minimum to light up the place and feed the mosquitoes evenly, the weather isn't this good too. If we can't find 5 ppl by friday, we can postphone it to 14th Aug, everyone is fine with that date too right ?

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
......and feed the mosquitoes evenly

Will wearing a netting make me look wierd? :whistle:

If there isn't an additional of one more by Fri, then have to postpone loh. Does schizo count?

sORe-EyEz

Enlightened
Ya, I am eager to go too, but we need 5 ppl minimum to light up the place and feed the mosquitoes evenly, the weather isn't this good too. If we can't find 5 ppl by friday, we can postphone it to 14th Aug, everyone is fine with that date too right ?

lol, why feed the mozzies? cant just use insect repellent? i not sure about 14th August, i may have family commitment...? :shrug:

i got the citronella type, anyone with the spray type or cream type will fend off most types of mozzies, diversity is a good thing. :thumbsup:

anyway, dinner options sounds good, now haveto wait for another CPFer to come along. anyone can convince a friend or 2? :shrug:

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Meeting venue: Clementi MRT Station
Time: 6.30pm

Those who can make it on 31st July:
1) gtwace
2) Zeruel
3) LobsterX [Provided I don't get recalled, First day]
4) sore-eyez
5) Atomlite
6)
7)
8)

Atomlite contacted me to say he can make it unless he's ill (just recovered) or weather forbids.

gtwace

Enlightened
ok, we got 5 person so the trip is a go depending on the weather. I don't have sore-eyez's number yet, so pls sms me at 96184604 so that I can sms you all if the weather is no good, i don't want anyone to become lightning rod in the woods.

So drink plenty of water this 2 days and pray the weather is fine.

sORe-EyEz

Enlightened

Those who can make it on 31st July:
1) gtwace
2) Zeruel
4) sore-eyez
5) Atomlite
6) friend of sore-eyez (non CPFer)
7)
8)

gtwace

Enlightened
So it is Zeruel's number I don't have. Can sms me, thanks. I just change phone and lost a few sms.

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
So it is Zeruel's number I don't have. Can sms me, thanks. I just change phone and lost a few sms.

Ok, it's given. :)
In return for letting me play with the Tri-V, I'll bring the Haiku tomorrow. ;)

Perhaps a last bump for anyone else who can make it tomorrow?

Clementi MRT Station
1) gtwace
2) Zeruel
4) sore-eyez
5) Atomlite
6) friend of sore-eyez (non CPFer)
7)
8)

Last edited:

sORe-EyEz

Enlightened
ok, just pray it doesn't rain tomorrow and the path leads more than 5 min into the forest.

it may rain nearby during noon, according to weather forecast at 9.30pm news on Channel 5, friday.

btw, are we entering the forested area by Clementi Road River? seems like the only entry point from Clementi Road to me?...:shrug:

also, what time will you notify everyone if you decide to cancel?

gtwace

Enlightened
We are entering by a hidden path opposite SIM, the river can be our secondary target if the hidden path turns out to be a dead end.

I will try to inform you all by 4pm if there is cancellation, but if it starts raining at 5pm or later then we can have dinner at clementi and wait to see if the rain stops.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
The weather was nice last night and I couldn't go because of my grandma's birthday celebration. I felt a sense of envy for you guys who went and I kept wishing I was there. In my heart I was selfishly wishing you guys would organize another one on 14th Aug. :p

The last time you guys went McRitchie and I couldn't go so I have to arrange another outing there with my wife on the following Monday. So how was the walk last night? Was it a long one?

sORe-EyEz

Enlightened
nice walk, hope u guys like it.

sure did, but its more urban exploration than a flashaholic outing. there is a place in Ponggol similiar to this but i am not sure of my way around. dubbed the pottery village because earthern pots were used to make structures.

as in this picture, the rows of round curves are actually pots.
1661.jpg

a former Japanese village ruins near Mount Faber.
269.jpg

a forgotten tomb (below)? :huh:
263.jpg

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
nice walk, hope u guys like it.

It's good. Weather was perfect, not humid and seemed moon-less.
And the fact that we have no idea where we were heading was kind of exhilarating. I wish there was a trail that leads to the valley below where we spotted some structures. It was fun, now that we know the importance of trail-marking haha...

It's also cool to discover where they have shot the movie The Ring...

img0596e.jpg

Last edited:

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
The weather was nice last night and I couldn't go because of my grandma's birthday celebration. I felt a sense of envy for you guys who went and I kept wishing I was there. In my heart I was selfishly wishing you guys would organize another one on 14th Aug. :p

The last time you guys went McRitchie and I couldn't go so I have to arrange another outing there with my wife on the following Monday. So how was the walk last night? Was it a long one?

There're a couple more locations in mind; Sentosa (no, not the IR), Bukit Timah Hill and maybe Petir Road. So be there even if your wife's giving birth. :whistle:

Or it'll be better if you organize one that meets your timing.