Flashaholic Getogether in Singapore! PART-III (3)

albert

Enlightened
you guys go ahead... i kind of too old for such outing liao. :sigh:

nowaday i usually shine my old lights at couples smooching along east coast park while walking by dog. :naughty:

LobsterX

Newly Enlightened
I think only bring the following...

1) Skyray S-R5
2) Akoray K-106
3) SST-90 in a 6p Host
4) XP-G R4 in a DX host with Shiningbeam's 1.4a board

Not bringing backup batts.... too heavy... Still got to bring a change of clothes leh.... hee hee

LobsterX

Newly Enlightened
Food Centre = Bukit Timah Market & Food Centre that is after the shell station?

If so, can take bus from clementi station there..... just like the last time, just a little further bus ride.... Bus 52 from Opposite Clementi Central. Bus stops opposite Bukit Timah Plaza

meeting place : food centre at junction of Bukit Timah Road & Jalan Jurong Kechil
time : 6.30pm for dinner
confirmation date : friday, 17 September 2010

sORe-EyEz

Enlightened
you guys go ahead... i kind of too old for such outing liao. :sigh:

got such thing wan meh? i thuought only got minimum age specified by the flashlight company due to danger from choking if choke... :sick2:

Food Centre = Bukit Timah Market & Food Centre that is after the shell station?

If so, can take bus from clementi station there..... just like the last time, just a little further bus ride.... Bus 52 from Opposite Clementi Central. Bus stops opposite Bukit Timah Plaza

yes, its the food centre & market. its near Shell petrol station. before or after depends on which direction you coming from. my place got direct bus there.

btw, norm what time your RT end? where is your RT center? so i can estimate how long you need for dinner & travel. TIA. :)

LobsterX

Newly Enlightened
Bedok Camp FCC. Nearest MRT is Tanah Merah.

I will be catching a cab, else i'll take 1hr+/- to reach Clementi

Earliest I end 645pm. so by 7pm+/- should already be on my way out.

I'll be taking a cab and hitting the expressway directly to the meeting pt at the food centre[dunno go cab a not.......]

Unless you guy are only leaving for BT hill slightly after 8pm, then I'll take the MRT and BUS..... cheaper..... hee hee

btw, norm what time your RT end? where is your RT center? so i can estimate how long you need for dinner & travel. TIA. :)

sORe-EyEz

Enlightened
hope everyone enjoyed the outing last night. :)

here are some pictures for those who were unable to come.

pic #1, a shallow stream of water that we came across. not too keen on wadding in the water, we decided to U-turn from here.
013small.jpg

pic #2, an abandoned house, built on a raised platform. none of us went in though... :aaa:
017small.jpg

pic #3, a rusty ladder that leads to the top of 1 of 3 concrete cylindrical structures that seems like water storage tanks? :rolleyes:
021small.jpg

pic #4, a log full of mushrooms! :popcorn:
025small.jpg

i am likely to go back again for more flashaholic outings as we were not able to go further into 3 paths due to the lack of time. for those who like to go, fyi, the terrain is typical dirt path & stone-&-gravel. there are washing points & toilets at the carpark. carpark entry is operated with auto crash barrier, it closes at 7pm, but we've found out how a 2-wheeler can by-pass that! right guys! :grin2:

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great weather and fantastic location, Sore-Eyez! It has everything we need; multiple trails, car park, modern toilet (er... don't mind the snake), maps, water cooler, vending machine, a dab of mystery, open space for thrower, enclosed paths and erm... 3 clean cushioned office chairs... :eek:oo:

Definitely would want to head back there again since we still have more than 3 to 4 unexplored paths. Need to bring another set of lights to test them in such varied trail conditions. Strange that the authority puts up the sign in front of the house that prohibits worshipping. Wonder if there's a story behind it... :eek:oo:

jimfwh

Newly Enlightened
Shucks, my work schedule is all over the place so couldn't make it :sigh:. Looks really nice from the pics. Hopefully I'll be able to join you guys after I resign in November (if you're going back there again by then). Want to test out my Quark AA2 R5, and maybe have my 7D along for some pictures too. :grin2:

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Couldn't make it last Saturday as I was working. Would definitely be keen on the next trip as long as it is not this Saturday because I am working too.

LobsterX

Newly Enlightened
hmmm.....

This has been plague-ing me for a few nights....

Which thrower light was it that RAPED the sky with the super hotspot that day ah?

the Jetbeam RRT-0 or the "Nite Commander T8" ?

hee hee

sORe-EyEz

Enlightened
hey Zeruel,

luckily, the location is good, interesting enough. i was hoping for the best as i did not recce beforehand. that location is well served by amenities like water-cooler, toilets & shelter if it rains.

i think for the sake religious tolerance, religious worshipping is prohibited? :shrug:

Jimfwh,

yeah, i remember you're offday is on a weekday, so i didn't want to tempt you too much... :whistle: i likely to be organising another outing there in October. November is out as i have reservist duties for almost the whole month. anyone who wishes to organise an outing there at Carpark B please note that entry to the carpark will be closed at 7pm. not an issue if you're sharing a cab or going by motorbike. :)

pjandyho,

looks like saturdays are your busy days. there won't be any outing till at least next month. unless some other person organises.

LobsterX,

hmmm, you have to ask Zeruel... IIRC its the Nitecomm T8. :shrug:

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
hmmm.....

This has been plague-ing me for a few nights....

Which thrower light was it that RAPED the sky with the super hotspot that day ah?

the Jetbeam RRT-0 or the "Nite Commander T8" ?

hee hee

Crudely put, dude! :green:

It's the T8, that er... pierced the night sky with its throw.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi sORe-EyEz,

Not really but it just happens to be. Most of my job falls on weekdays. I will keep a lookout for the next outing.

LobsterX

Newly Enlightened
My share of the photos taken by my iphone.

This tore the sky.... the "Rapist"
IMG_0462.jpg

Someone tried to mate a bike and a car that went wrong
IMG_0463.jpg

hmmm...
IMG_0469.jpg

Toad/Frog
IMG_0470.jpg

A Fallen TREE
IMG_0471.jpg

Mushroom Soup Anyone?
IMG_0474.jpg

What's this?
IMG_0475.jpg

Mini waterfall
IMG_0477.jpg

Dead end.
IMG_0478.jpg

More soup Sir?
IMG_0480.jpg

Some house
IMG_0483.jpg

Another day's adventure
IMG_0491.jpg

Rusty ladder[Yes.... I'm the only "neutral" light holder that night]
IMG_0492.jpg

If you see this... AVOID! Water tastes like poop!!!
IMG_0495.jpg

The motherload
IMG_0507.jpg

IMG_0506.jpg

sORe-EyEz

Enlightened
hi LobsterX,

eh, this is a family friendly forum. no "raping" the night sky. :duh2:

btw, did you buy the numbers on the vehicle plate? :naughty:

i din know my shoes appeared in 1 of your pics. lolz... :green:

gtwace

Enlightened
Seems like a good time to buy US lights with the rising S$, I am looking at "The Torch" from wicked lazers, anyone have experienced with that light ?

roadie

Enlightened
Seems like a good time to buy US lights with the rising S$, I am looking at "The Torch" from wicked lazers, anyone have experienced with that light ?

dun bother .... "torch" ..... if u into incand lights, goto cpfmpl or mods, there to built one ...... try search options to widen yr knowledge ....