Flashaholic Getogether in Singapore! PART-IV (4)

Flea Bag

Enlightened
Hey Moses,

Keep a lookout here. I might be organizing another one in the next few weeks.

Great news and I've never been to Jelutong tower before... Looks great!

But could you try keeping it until after October 13th? I'll be in ICT till then! :candle:

If anyone's got space to bring their M6LT or similar-beamed lights like the UB3T/M3LT, please do! Very curious about the beams on these new SureFires.

Last edited:

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great news and I've never been to Jelutong tower before... Looks great!

But could you try keeping it until after October 13th? I'll be in ICT till then! :candle:

If anyone's got space to bring their M6LT or similar-beamed lights like the UB3T/M3LT, please do! Very curious about the beams on these new SureFires.
Most likely after that date as I am not free next few weekends too. And I can show you the UB3T if you want.

Flea Bag

Enlightened
Did my ICT on Friday!

Just to let you know, Triode888 and I are doing a quick get-together tonight and playing with the PH50 and Night Reaper at East Coast... If you can make it, contact either of us! We're meeting at around 7 something pm.

I'm contactable at 8123 9701.

Taipan

Newly Enlightened
Did my ICT on Friday!Just to let you know, Triode888 and I are doing a quick get-together tonight and playing with the PH50 and Night Reaper at East Coast... If you can make it, contact either of us! We're meeting at around 7 something pm.I'm contactable at 8123 9701.

That's nice! Glad to hear that. A bit last minute. But how did it go?

Flea Bag

Enlightened
That's nice! Glad to hear that. A bit last minute. But how did it go?

Fun! Too many people at East Cost on a Saturday night to play freely with the HIDs, but Triode and I did spend quite a while pouring over Moses' pretty comprehensive range of P60 drop-ins and XM-L lights!

The Night Reaper felt like a metal war-club and at full power, both lights are more similar than I would have thought based on some of the beamshot comparisons I saw online. The PH50 has more wow effect at medium distances becasue of its larger hotspot while the CSWL appears to have a smoother transition from hotspot to spill while having slightly better throw at more distant objects. The PH50's head does get hot faster than the CSWL's head and takes longer to cool down. The CSWL is also less head/front-heavy than I imagined and holding it by its battery tube section, grip feels secure.

Moses' glass-lens aspherical XM-L (edit: I got this wrong... It's an XP-G2 as mentioned below by Moses) also produced a heck of a lot of throw while his TN31 clone was mighty impressive as well! We ended up leaving East Coast at 3.45am!

Last edited:

MosesM

Newly Enlightened
It was great meeting the both of you guys! The PH50 and Night Reaper were truly something else, and I appreciate the opportunity to witness them in person.

Flea's mention of my aspherical XM-L is actually a Mag 2D that I modded with a de-domed XP-G2 driven at 2A and a KD 52mm aspheric lens. The Thrunite TN31 "clone" is a Supbeam K40 that I just got.

Flea Bag

Enlightened
Moses' P60 drop-ins were really eye-opening... I'm now considering not only a triple XP-E but the triple 219 for its smooth beam and excellent colour rendition.

Suggestions for the next outing date to Jelutong Tower? 13th (Saturday), 19th (Friday) & 20th (Saturday) this month would suit me...

Last edited:

Flea Bag

Enlightened
The earliest that Taipan can make it is 27th October (Saturday) so we'll try to keep it to that date okie?

If you're able to make it, feel free to copy your name into the list below while you post. Also add the lights you're likely to bring and suggest a meeting location. I've not been to Jelutong tower before nor have I been to Bukit Timah in years so I'm not much help there:

"
Trip to Jelutong Tower on 27th October.
Meeting time: Around 7 to 8pm?
Meeting Location: Not yet agreed upon.

1. Taipan
2. Flea Bag (Bringing Polarion PH50, SureFire M6 with incan bulbs)
3. [email protected]
4. Unconfirmed: Moses Mok
5. Unconfirmed: pjandyho
"

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
I may have a job on that day. It is not confirmed so I too can't confirm. Will keep you guys notified.

MosesM

Newly Enlightened
Flea, you can count me in as confirmed. I'll be bringing my biggest throwers as well as some of my smaller, more interesting lights e.g. Ra Clicky XP-G2, E1L XM-L, and any other lights that look like they need to get out of the house :) . Will also bring along an assortment of P60 drop-ins.

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Whoa, been more than a year since I have been here!! Glad to see there is still a Singapore presence on CPF. I would love to go on a Singapore CPF flashaholic outing but unfortunately my health does not allow me to (reason i was gone for a year was cos i suffered a stroke, but recovering). Anyway, post some pictures here of the outing!! Cheers

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey hyper,

wish you well, and take care ya.

Haha, hi pjandyho if i recall correctly you stay in Tampines :) as do I. Great to see you, and Zeruel as well, and all other Singaporeans too!!

What's your EDC.

Mine: 1 x CR2 light, 1 x Quark Mini and 1 x MG P-Rocket.

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Whoa, been more than a year since I have been here!! Glad to see there is still a Singapore presence on CPF. I would love to go on a Singapore CPF flashaholic outing but unfortunately my health does not allow me to (reason i was gone for a year was cos i suffered a stroke, but recovering). Anyway, post some pictures here of the outing!! Cheers

Sorry to hear of your stroke, was wondering where you've been. Hope you're on your way to full recovery and join the group in near future.

---

To bump the outing....

If you're able to make it, feel free to copy your name into the list below while you post. Also add the lights you're likely to bring and suggest a meeting location.

Trip to Jelutong Tower on 27th October.
Meeting time: Around 7 to 8pm?
Meeting Location: Not yet agreed upon.

1. Taipan
2. Flea Bag (Bringing Polarion PH50, SureFire M6 with incan bulbs)
3. [email protected]
4. Moses Mok
5. Unconfirmed: pjandyho
"

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Haha, hi pjandyho if i recall correctly you stay in Tampines :) as do I. Great to see you, and Zeruel as well, and all other Singaporeans too!!

What's your EDC.

Mine: 1 x CR2 light, 1 x Quark Mini and 1 x MG P-Rocket.
I used to stay in Tampines but not anymore. Now in Punggol.

My current EDC is always a HDS Rotary and McGizmo Haiku. Permanently on my keychain is a neutral white SS Preon ReVO. If I am going, I may bring along some mid range thrower.

Taipan

Newly Enlightened

Hi Hyperloop, godspeed your recovery! And the nice folks here will look forward to seeing you with even a tamer location. Meanwhile here's a map of this reservoir. But the shortest, fastest and flatest route to Jelutong Tower is only 3km if one starts from the bottom spot* near junction of Sime Rd and Lornie Rd to go upward past the SIC (Bukit) along the Golf Link. *The proposed starting spot is located just opposite the bus stop outside Bt Brown Cemetery where we last took a bus to Adam Rd Food Centre for supper after our previous foray.

macritchie_trails.jpg

Flea Bag

Enlightened

Wishing you a good recovery! Take things slow and when you can, join us for a healthy walk with nature and some fun and laughter... Hope to see you with us soon!