Flashaholics Anonymous

Xrunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
Personally, I'm trying to exercise some self control and not let myself order anything until my last order (of a arc and glowring (we can still say that, right?
smile.gif
) arrives, but its getting though with all the holiday specials now. Hopefully it will be here in the next few days.

Just because we spend hours a day on CPF, and have more flashlights then we have friends (excluding onther CPF members) who says that makes you a flashaholic?
grin.gif

-Mike

Albany Tom

Enlightened
Well, you guys are all screwed, because there's no real cure for an addiction. While this has never been proven, it is common knowledge, and that's FAR more important. Plus I've seen it on TV. We need to keep those 12step programs moving!

The good news is that you have to be a recovered flashaholic to even think of helping another flashaholic. This is NOT to secure jobs for recovered flashaholics, or to continue the 12 step mantra, er, program, but because true experience is the only way to learn. This is why all physicians must undergo major surgery before they get their stethoscope.

Oh, and you have to believe in god for this to work, too. OOOPS, I meant "higher power". This higher power will substitute for, I mean, enable you to deal with your addiction.

I think by "higher power" they mean brighter light.

smile.gif

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast
Albany Tom:

ISO standards revisions being promulgated this year call for detailed programs to achieve "continuous improvement." For flashaholics, "continuous improvment" means, in great part, "higher power".

The beautiful mysticism surrounding "higher power" means we can approach the goal through different paths.

path 1: higher voltage
path 2: higher current
path 3: higher wattage
path 4: higher lumens/watt efficiency
path 5: higher lumens per inch efficiency
path 6: higher lumens per volume efficiency
path 7: higher lumens per weight efficiency.

Then you have the prelated interactive permutations of trying to acheive competing objectives of increased run time, trying to keep output level throughout run time, and trying to increase the useable life of the light source.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
I deny the existance of this thread, in fact I haven't posted this.
tongue.gif
EDIT: "Yes you did!" "No I didn't" "Did!" "Didn't" ..........

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK, I admit it. I just had my CPF-50 Special Edition G2 arrive. Aaahhh, that`s better...
grin.gif

Now, back to dreaming of Maxabeams.....I`m normal, I`m normal, honestly.....

rolleyes.gif

Albany Tom

Enlightened
lemlux,

Not only do I like your thinking, but I think I've figured out a way to maximize all of our objectives. I note that nowhere were the terms "cost", "environmentally sound", or "safe" mentioned.

I propose that, as a group, we investigate purchasing a used Russian nuclear powered submarine and convert it to a power source for the worlds brightest, longest lasting (and warmest!) flashlight.

Tomas

Banned
No, no, Albany Tom!

It's already the proper "flashlight shape" all we need to do is get a new lens for the front of it and one whopping huge LED, and we're in business!!!
grin.gif

Wow!

Won't the neighbors be surprised!

tomsig01.gif