Fluke multimeters: which one do you prefer?

What style of DVOM (DMM) do you prefer

• Total voters

Schermann

Newly Enlightened
376.png

fluke-clamp-meter.jpg

Last edited:

Climb14er

Enlightened
I've got a ten year old Fluke 177, no problems, accurate, reliable, does what it's supposed to do... accurately.

ven

Flashaholic
:laughing: The women are just at the top of the stairs out of shot. I mean , why so many MM's, can only use one at a time. Some dude's are just crazy......................:whistle:

HKJ

Flashaholic
why so many MM's, can only use one at a time.

Some setups require 4 DMM's to measure: Input voltage & current and output voltage & current.
I have setups where I measure more than that, but then I use a computer to log the result.

ven

Flashaholic
Some setups require 4 DMM's to measure: Input voltage & current and output voltage & current.
I have setups where I measure more than that, but then I use a computer to log the result.

I was joking ;) like why have so many flashlights or shoes etc . I have 3 meters,nothing compared to the pic though! My work, i only need the one meter or not had the need for more yet.

I love the pics of your set ups, awesome!

HKJ

Flashaholic
I do not really publish that many picture of my setup. Most setups are also temporary, the only fixed setups is battery test and charger test.
All other setups are done as needed on my main workstations.

My setup on the main workstation:
DSC_6946.jpg

The stack contains 5 multimeters, 3 electronic loads, 1 SMU, 1 power meter (Powered from an isolation variac), 1 mains generator, 1 ARB generator, 1 Power supply. There is two more power supplies and a oscilloscope (Pico), just outside the picture.
Everything is linked to my computer and often it controls the equipment and log the result. Sometimes I do two tests simultaneous, but usual not more.

This covers most of my testing, but recently I had to use one load more for a test.

PS: There is a real test running in the picture, but most equipment was just turned on for the picture.
PPS: The image also contain my favorite Fluke multimeters.

Schermann

Newly Enlightened
88V after 46 hours 'continuous on' monitoring a 15A flash charge to clean the plates of a 'super heavy' 12V lead acid so it can finally hold a charge!

15rnpxu.jpg

:)

Last edited: