FOR SALE NOW: Titanium zipper pulls!

archer6817j

Enlightened
Re: FEELER: Titanium zipper pulls?

I like them! Any idea on a price range?

Just got a quote back from the machine shop and it was about double what I was expecting.

I'm trying to hit $25 for the Ti and $15 for the nickel plated aluminum. Based on the prices I just got (150 pcs of each), that won't be possible so I'm trying to figure that out :)

Prices will include lengths of black 2mm spectra. (Other color options below) I have to buy these in 300 foot reels so I might offer one, maybe two other colors. Let me know :)

One set of 3 o-rings will be included: GITD, black, blue, green, or red-orange. I'll post photos when my samples get here.

I'm also considering offering the zipper pulls in packs of 3 at a discount. Basically main zipper and two side pockets. Is that something people are interested in?

So far there hasn't been much interest so please speak up and/or tell your friends :) It will only take about 2 weeks to get these machined once I place the order, so the more interest expressed the faster this will happen!

Oh! perhaps the most important thing...do people want nickel plated aluminum (at slightly lower cost) or should I just make them all Ti and be done with it?

sterling rope.jpg

JAYKAY75

Newly Enlightened

Prices will include lengths of black 2mm spectra. (Other color options below) I have to buy these in 300 foot reels so I might offer one, maybe two other colors. Let me know :)

black is fine for me, I wish they would do 2mm cord in the same plain colors that they do paradord.

One set of 3 o-rings will be included: GITD, black, blue, green, or red-orange. I'll post photos when my samples get here.

can't wait to see :)

I'm also considering offering the zipper pulls in packs of 3 at a discount. Basically main zipper and two side pockets. Is that something people are interested in?

defentitely interested in getting more than 1, so any kind of discount would be great :)

So far there hasn't been much interest so please speak up and/or tell your friends :) It will only take about 2 weeks to get these machined once I place the order, so the more interest expressed the faster this will happen!

I'm still really really new here and I don't think any of my "real" friends share the same kind of liking, at least not yet ;)

Oh! perhaps the most important thing...do people want nickel plated aluminum (at slightly lower cost) or should I just make them all Ti and be done with it?

defenitely Ti for me....

thanks a lot for this update and good luck with the interest, c'mon ladies and gentlemen, these look great!

Last edited:

sassaquin

Enlightened

$25 is probably the top of my budget, so whatever metal can be offered at that or below, I'll be in for 2 or 3. I like the plain black or blue multi cord and definitely want blue o-rings. :)

moeman

Enlightened

$25.00 is in the high side for me....
Also, I would like to say if they are a decent deal I would buy multiple. And I love titanium beads :D

Have you thought about HAIII? either black or natural? That would appeal to me more than nickle plating. Now if was Robar NP3 :drool:
I would probably buy 20 foot of cord off you in a couple colors no problems :) but you need to add orange to that line up :nana:
As for the O-rings... Orange, glow and blue are all awesome.
Hope this helps?
Chris

upsidedownviking

Newly Enlightened

I'd be in for at least 3 Ti

Black HA alum. would be cool, I'd take 3 more in black HA

Blasted or satin Ti? Any ano?

Copper is expensive but any thoughts of other metals? Bronze or brass?

Thanks for the heads up Chris!

Last edited:

archer6817j

Enlightened

Hi folks, some new photos and an update. I bought a foot of Ti and this is what I ended up with. The design is a little different from the first. A friend of mine looked at the first design and said he wished the knot could be hidden. So, this time I machined a counter bore that hides the knot. I think it looks pretty clean.

pull-carhart.jpg

The pull is designed to accept 2mm Spectra that has a breaking strength of 250 lbs...should be good enough for a zipper? Right now this is the only color I have. Surprisingly, I've had some trouble getting a hold of plain black. If anyone has a source let me know. I've got some orange, blue, and OD on order.

pull-garage.jpg

This is a shot to show the bottom of the pull. Just tie a single overhand knot, trim the ends to length, seal with flame, and tug the pull down over the knot. The fit is very tight so the pull won't slip up the cord accidentally. Of course this makes it a little hard to remove, so be sure you get the length right before you seat the knot inside the pull :)

pull-group.jpg

Lucky number 13 :) I turned 12" inches of 3/8 titanium rod into 13 pulls that are 3/4 of an inch long. I bought a few packs of different colored o-rings :) Unfortunately I only have enough GITD o-rings for two pulls at the moment. I ordered a bunch but they sent me the wrong size.

pull-light.jpg

I thought it would be fun to put one of these on an Alpha. I've been carrying this around today and actually like the little fob.

pull-light-glow.jpg

The obligatory glowy shot :)

moeman

Enlightened

Looks awesome!

Any plans to do any in a bead blasted finish?
They look pretty good as a lanyard too!
Any Idea on a price?

Thanks,
Chris

Faynard

Newly Enlightened
Beautiful! I might be interested as well, very nice with the hidden knot.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk

archer6817j

Enlightened

Please see the original post (#1) for current status!
---------------------------------------------------------

Okay, so I'm selling 6 of the prototype zipper pulls :) Someone already picked up 2 in person. I need to keep 5 for samples.

Price is $25 each with your choice of o-ring color, and if you want, a hank of the yellow/purple spectra pictured. I know that's a tad high but keep in mind these are hand made on a manual lathe by yours truly :) The quote I got from the machine shop to do 300 pcs works out to a retail of $27.50 ... so these are a bargain :)

O-Ring COLORS (you get any 3 with your purchase. Extra sets of 3 are $1.00 each):
  • Blue (Fluorosilicone to match the Alpha)
  • Black (Nitrile)
  • Green (High Temp Nitrile)
  • Orange-Red (Silicone)
  • White (GITD Green Silicone)
Cord Colors:
  • Black
  • Orange
  • Grey w/ Black stringer
$25 per pull (plus 1m of cord)

First "I'll take it" puts you in line. Please PM me your PayPal address and your o-ring color (black, blue, green, GITD green, red) and I'll send you an invoice. You'll have 48 hours to make payment or the next person gets your pulls :)

Shipping is free via USPS first class. If you want USPS Priority Mail it will be $6 in the US, $12 for Mexico and Canada, $15 everywhere else that's international.

---------------------------------------------------------Please see the original post (#1) for current status!

Last edited:

sassaquin

Enlightened

I'll take two please, one with blue o-rings and one with GITD o-rings (black cord) - I'll pre-pay and wait until cord arrives. PM incoming with PP address.

egrep

Enlightened

Looks great, even with an iPhone camera. Thanks!

AlphaBead.jpg

Last edited:

archer6817j

Enlightened

I'll take two please, one with blue o-rings and one with GITD o-rings (black cord) - I'll pre-pay and wait until cord arrives. PM incoming with PP address.

Invoice sent, thanks!

Just an FYI for everyone else: I don't have any more GITD o-rings at this time. I ordered more today but it's possible they'll send the wrong size...since they did last time :)