For the price Whats a good knife for under $50?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TEEJ

Flashaholic
Re: for the price

I picked up a SOG Flash II (Auto Assisted) that has worked out really well for me. Opens one handed like lightening (Kind of fun to open actually), and has a really strong lockup. (Lock up is a big deal for me, as I use the knives to pry stuff, etc, and if they unlock, I get sliced, etc.)

:D

dss_777

Enlightened

I like to hear myself speak (see myself type?). You know what I mean. ;)

I was going to recommend a Victorinox Swiss army knife of some sort. I EDC'd a mid-70's era Red Alox SAK Soldier variant for several decades, and used the heck out of it. Ran across bladeforums at some point a few years ago, and my much loved (and much used) SAK was replaced by a small Sebenza. Now much used, and much loved.

I have absolutely no regrets about carrying either knife.

boilerdan33

Newly Enlightened
New to the forums. So far, they're great.

By far, my favorite knife is the Gerber EZ-Out Skeleton with the combo (half serrated) blade. Plastic body, 3.5 inch blade, weighs less than 3 ounces, $25 from Amazon. I've carried one almost everyday for about 15 years. Never let me down. I won't invest in a good knife because I go through about one a year losing them. I won't pry with them, but they'll handle everything else.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic

Arm and Leg, take a week off for trolling disruptive behavior, not the first for such behavior.

Bill

2.FOH.

Newly Enlightened

20130428205401.jpg

Another vote for the Delica. Quality materials & a design that's stood the test of time.
IIRC I paid $42.00 for mine ~ 6-7 years ago. I know you said $50, but Amazon currently
has the orange version with full flat grind for $58.00 w/ free shipping.

Crap...must resist.... must.... not ....purchase....

Melson

Newly Enlightened

I like my CRKT Drifter as an EDC. It's not that sharpest but it's cheap and reliable.

Unlike flashlights I lose my edc knives all the time. After losing my second BM Griptilian to a heating duct, I only buy knives that are twenty bucks :)

Omenwolf

Newly Enlightened

+1 for the spyderco tenacious!! Great knife for $40
adbb3db8936a78dd7dd23baa29557c81.jpg

vioalas

Newly Enlightened
I don't think I saw a recommendation for the Kershaw Blur. Depending where you look you can get one for right at $50, and it's an awesome knife. It's what got me into higher quality stuff.

Valkman

Newly Enlightened
Hope the OP got a knife by now! LOL Look at the Buck line of knives like this one: Buck 845 Vantage Force Select Folding 3-1/4" Plain Stonewashed Blade, Desert Sand Handles at knifeworks.com for $39.

VeloWeave

Newly Enlightened
I would say Dragonfly 2 on the smaller side and Tenacious on the larger side.

If you can save $10 more then Delica 4 is by far one of the best options under $60 that you buy.

For $15 more I would suggest Dragonfly 2 in zdp-189. Ultra premium steel, small blade but performs well beyond its size. It can handle almost any edc task and is super light.

For $30 more you might be able to score a Mini Griptilian which IMO is the best edc for the money hands down. I have a gripe or two about it but nothing to make me change my opinion.

Sent from my XT557 using Tapatalk 2

Dipti13

Newly Enlightened
Recently saw Boker Plus Namo 42 Framelock. Although its blade length is 2" it can be great companion during campaign and travelling.

Status
Not open for further replies.