Four Sevens Customer Service

zgwforum

Newly Enlightened
Re: Four Sevens Customer Service. No Problem Here.

I have a gold Preon 1 purchased in October 2011. It recently stopped working. Warranty is 120 Months.

I utilized the 4Sevens contact form on Sat, Jan 14 2017, providing my Order Number as proof of purchase. I received an RMA on Tue Jan 17.

I have given several Preon 1 and 2 flashlights as gifts...in 2011, and have several spares. They are outstanding in every regard. I use a Titanium Preon 1 for my ECD since June 2011 and couldn't be happier.

geisto

Newly Enlightened

Please check the status of RMA#214132 for a Quark RGB. It's been 3 months and all I know is it's in still in the queue to be fixed. I know the light is discontinued so it cannot be repaired then send it back to me so at least I can use the body and tailcap as spare parts.

wacbzz

Flashlight Enthusiast

Please check the status of RMA#214132 for a Quark RGB. It's been 3 months and all I know is it's in still in the queue to be fixed. I know the light is discontinued so it cannot be repaired then send it back to me so at least I can use the body and tailcap as spare parts.

3 months? :drool:

Has there been any communication during said time?

Every time I get sorta hyped about potentially owning another FS product, I fall upon a post like this...

Hondo

Flashlight Enthusiast

geisto, keep in mind this is not a contact for FourSevens. They may, or may not, read this thread, and with no particular frequency.

As wacbzz said, have you tried contacting them through their usual contact methods, i.e. email or phone? Obviously something has stalled, and you need to check with them. The longer it goes, the more likely it will get lost all together. I have no ideal how they will handle it being an unusual old model, but I would be surprised if they do not have something good to offer if it is a goner.

geisto

Newly Enlightened

3 months? :drool:

Has there been any communication during said time?

Every time I get sorta hyped about potentially owning another FS product, I fall upon a post like this...

I sent about one email per month inquiring on the status. I was under the impression that it could be repaired. Since it's a discontinued light I figure it might take time so I waited. Emails were replied promptly each time but no specifics as far as possible outcomes/options. I think 3 months is more than sufficient time for them to give me my options.

geisto

Newly Enlightened

geisto, keep in mind this is not a contact for FourSevens. They may, or may not, read this thread, and with no particular frequency.

As wacbzz said, have you tried contacting them through their usual contact methods, i.e. email or phone? Obviously something has stalled, and you need to check with them. The longer it goes, the more likely it will get lost all together. I have no ideal how they will handle it being an unusual old model, but I would be surprised if they do not have something good to offer if it is a goner.

Yes, because the light is an older discontinued model, I expected longer than usual as far as turnaround time. Over the 3 months, I have not received any definitive reply as to what can/cannot be done.

I have sent an email to 4sevens requesting my light back and TJ is working on getting me a replacement.

Hondo

Flashlight Enthusiast

Got it, you are doing it right. Seems like they should have had a more definite plan sooner on this one.

I like the Quarks so much, I sort of self-warrantied when they clearanced the back stock. For the price, I can afford to bust two and just grab another, and still have my beloved original design. Unfortunately (for my wallet) I sometimes do that with lights that are not on clearance. No design is around for ever, and if you don't agree that the newer model is a better, or even equivalent replacement, then the warranty experience may only be partially satisfying. A Quark Click would not make me happy if I had to send in a mortally wounded Quark Pro.

FOURSEVENS 10 Year Warranty

Our goal is to make you a satisfied customer. We take the time to pick the highest quality products to carry in our store.
FOURSEVENS warrants its products to be free from defects that compromise their functionality. We will repair or replace, at our option, without charge, any product or part which is found to be defective under normal use and service within 10 years from the date of purchase with proof of purchase. Such repair or replacement shall be the purchaser's sole and exclusive remedy under this warranty.
This warranty does not cover normal maintenance and service and does not apply to any products or parts which have been subject to modification, misuse, abuse, negligence, accident, improper maintenance, or repair by anyone other than FOURSEVENS.

The devil is always in the details. Is FourSevens 10 Year warranty perfect? No it is not. Nor can it be, especially when dealing with a light that has been out of production for years. However, it is one of the best offered in the industry. :twothumbs

~ Chance

Full Disclosure Photos -

HyjXzvT.jpg

vWUVhXn.jpg

wacbzz

Flashlight Enthusiast

Chance - you are aware that those non-FourSevens lights in each photo voids all FS soapbox rights you may previously have had, right? :laughing:

TKC

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have called them AND E-mailed them, and have always gotten a response from them.

MIKE_AL

Newly Enlightened
Hello where can i find parts for 123 quark models?

Last edited by a moderator:

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello where can i find parts for 123 quark models?
Hi Mike,
Right now the only stock available for You is through third Party sales. The parts stock You seek may
be available with the newly designed products to come in the future or You will need to find a retailer
with New Old Stock.

I am re-posting the Current Official 4Sevens/FourSevens warranty information to update everyone.

There may be others who have unsettled warranty claims, and I can only say your previous emails are
no longer tracked, are not available after the sale, and, only those who have previous requests need to
be re-submitted to [email protected] with any previous communications. You will receive a reply
during business hours, as soon as your request is processed(usually within 1 Bus. day). Sending more than
one request without a response will result in a delay solving your request. Please, do not post your problem
for resolution here. The forum messages and posts are not checked regularly and can only be responded to
and resolved privately through email communications.

GL

LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY

> Foursevens Warranty (Legacy)
PROMETHEUS LIGHTS WARRANTY ON FOURSEVENS FLASHLIGHTS

PLEASE SEE THE PRODUCT ROADMAP TO GET A GENERAL OVERVIEW OF NEW PRODUCT ROLL-OUT AND WHICH LIGHTS ARE AVAILABLE FOR WARRANTY SERVICE.

What's going on anyway?!

• As most of you know, Prometheus Lights has acquired the Foursevens brand and a portion of their assets.
  • I've built the Prometheus brand on ethics, transparency, and hard work. Some people are always going to see an evil motive in an acquisition story like this. Take the time to get to know Prometheus and you won't be one of those people. [link to Our Story]
  • Foursevens was a very small company. Prometheus is a very small company. A handful of employees in both cases. This is not written by a PR department nor a room full of executives trying to figure out how to maximize profits at the expense of our customers. Please keep that in mind as you consider the following.
What did Prometheus acquire?
  • The asset acquisition gives Prometheus Lights the right to use the Foursevens trademarks, flashlight designs, technology, social media accounts, and customer email list. That's pretty much it.
  • This means the company Foursevens no longer exists as a legal entity, but the brand name does. That brand is now owned and operated by Prometheus Lights.
What did Prometheus NOT acquire?
  • We have NOT acquired the "company" Foursevens LLC.
  • In short, this means we did not acquire the debt, equity, cash accounts, or legal obligations of Foursevens LLC.
  • While Prometheus does not carry the burden of any debt or legal obligations, we also do not gain any benefit from equity or cash accounts, which would be required to service those debts and obligations…like warranties.
Does Prometheus have any obligation to maintain the Foursevens warranty?
  • Technically, Prometheus retains no obligation for any debts or warranties previously held or expressed by Foursevens LLC., because Prometheus owns the brand, not the company.
  • Obviously, customers want ALL warranties to be honored. Most of the time I (Jason Hui) am a customer myself and own plenty of products with various warranties. I get it. I understand both sides of the equation. This document is long because I want to give you the opportunity to do the same.
  • Don't freak out yet, keep reading.
What is Prometheus going to do?
  • First, let's just acknowledge that anything less than honoring 100% of warranties on their original terms, no questions asked, is going to make some people upset.
  • Though we have no obligation to do so, we will be offering three potential resolutions for ALL previous Foursevens customers regarding warranty issues.
  • Please note, the terms offered are essentially experimental. If it becomes clear that this policy results in a total disaster, Prometheus reserves the right to alter these terms without prior notice.
What are the new warranty terms and resolution options?
  • Any light purchased after January 1, 2017 will be covered under the original Foursevens warranty terms, if the flashlight is one Prometheus continues to manufacture, and you can provide proof of purchase.
  • In all cases, if we do not continue to manufacture the light, we have no physical way to repair or replace the parts (or the entirety of) those lights…because those parts/lights don't exist.
    • Resolution 1: we'll repair/replace your light for free. If the above conditions cannot be met, you can opt for resolution 3 below.
  • If your light was purchased before January 1, 2017, the chart below will help you better understand which resolution below applies to your Foursevens light.
    • Resolution 2: you'll be charged a small fee to repair and return your light, which will establish a new warranty with Prometheus Lights. You pay to ship the light to us, and we pay to ship it back.
    • Resolution 3: you'll be granted a coupon for 50% of the value of your original purchase that you can use on anything Prometheus sells. For example, if your original light was $100 you'll get a $50 coupon. If the light was $40 you'll get a $20 coupon. These will not expire, and can only be used once.
  • If any Foursevens lights share components (like tail switches) we will offer those as repair parts for a compatible light of any age, when/if they become available.
  • Email Support: In all cases, for all lights, you can email [email protected] and we'll do our best to help you troubleshoot any issues with your light.
    • Many times we can fix the problem with advice or a little DIY on your end.
    • Prometheus has hired TJ (a previous Foursevens employee) to continue his roll handling email support issues. He knows the products better than anyone!
  • For detailed information on returns, see the support/returns section on the website. In short, you'll need to contact us before you return the light.
Why is Prometheus choosing this route?
  • Prometheus is a small company, and we simply don't have the resources (material or financial) to fully support warranties on 10 years of Foursevens products. If we were strictly a profit driven company (of any size) we'd just tell everyone tough luck and move on.
  • I spoke with several business advisors over the months I considered the acquisition, and the number one concern was Prometheus going bankrupt trying to service Foursevens warranties.
  • A small percentage of every sale (on any product) goes toward paying for future warranty claims…a form of insurance for a company. Prometheus did not make any of those sales, nor do we own the Foursevens bank account, and so our pot of money dedicated to servicing those warranties contains exactly zero dollars.
  • To repair or replace any Foursevens light (at no cost to the customer) means those dollars come out of the business. We aren't a giant corporation with millions of dollars in our rainy day fund. If servicing all warranties means Prometheus goes out of business then nobody wins.
  • Servicing warranties takes actual cash to buy the parts, but it also takes someone's time to make the repairs and get the unit back in the mail. That is time that cannot be spent on activities that create revenue…so it is really a double loss.
Warranty on Foursevens products purchased from Prometheus.
  • The existing warranty policy from the Prometheus site reads: "I personally warrant my products to be free from (gross) defects in materials and workmanship for the lifetime of the product (regardless of the owner) or the lifetime of the company...whichever comes first. Hey, I'm just being practical."
  • See, no tricks. Just plain English and an abundance of transparency. This policy will apply to future Foursevens lights sold by Prometheus.
  • Finally, I'm sorry for any inconvenience or other hardship people experience as part of the transition. Unfortunately, it is something that happens in these situations and some people are going to get the short end of the stick. I'm trying to minimize the short sticks and also ensure that the company can stay healthy and continue to put quality products into the world. We all know it's impossible to make everyone happy, but I do hope this makes most of you happy, or at least understanding.
PLEASE SEE THE PRODUCT ROADMAP TO GET A GENERAL OVERVIEW OF NEW PRODUCT ROLL-OUT AND WHICH LIGHTS ARE AVAILABLE FOR WARRANTY SERVICE.

The chart below will help you better understand which resolution below applies to your Foursevens light.
warranty_flow_e2cce2bc-a742-4dff-a475-9ae6fe59a987.jpg