Foursevens MMX Burst (XM-L2, 1x18650 2xCR123A/RCR) review: RUNTIMES, BEAMSHOTS +

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
I've got a problem with mine. The gold connector in the tail cap has come loose and now it's not working rendering this useless.
Have you tried tightening the switch retaining ring? It is located under the black disk, with openings near where the two cut-outs are in the black disk. A good pair of fine metal tweezers should do the job. Just insert the tips into the metal divots on the ring, and turn clockwise to tighten. Snap-ring pliers would also work, although few people have those.

It's not uncommon to have these rings loosen up with time, eventually rendering the light inoperable. Usually, this simple fix is all that is required. In fact, I'm surprised they didn't recommend that before sending you a replacement part.

radiopej

Enlightened
Does anybody know if this tailcap would fit a Maelstrom G5? I replaced the switch because it was being unreliable, but I find that it doesn't retain as well after a while and I have to retighten it to get it turning on again. Would the new ones on their current line fit?

This was pretty much the same issue that 15hushabomb had but screwing it back in didn't help in the original set. FourSevens weren't very helpful as it's an old light.

4sevens

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anybody know if this tailcap would fit a Maelstrom G5? I replaced the switch because it was being unreliable, but I find that it doesn't retain as well after a while and I have to retighten it to get it turning on again. Would the new ones on their current line fit?

This was pretty much the same issue that 15hushabomb had but screwing it back in didn't help in the original set. FourSevens weren't very helpful as it's an old light.

It will indeed fit!

4sevens

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got a problem with mine. The gold connector in the tail cap has come loose and now it's not working rendering this useless. I'm looking for another tail cap yet getting a part shipped to Australia is expensive as. I've contacted foursevens.com and they have a part in USPS (which now every time I contanct them I cannot get a straight answer) so now I'm stuck.

Can anyone help me out as to where I can get a new part.....

Please PM if this has not been resolved!

Thanks
Reid

Latest posts