Foursevens Preon P0 (XP-E, 1xAAA, SS, "Flood") Review: RUNTIMES, BEAMSHOTS and more!

5S8Zh5

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Foursevens Preon P0 (XP-E, 1xAAA, SS, "Flood") Review: RUNTIMES, BEAMSHOTS and

As SelfBuilt describes in his more thorough review, my P0 had strange flickering/jumping between modes upon first turning on the light.
It's now called the Atom A0, and the flickering is still there. I just had to experience the mule like beam myself and it's awesome.

Bushman5

Enlightened
Re: Foursevens Preon P0 (XP-E, 1xAAA, SS, "Flood") Review: RUNTIMES, BEAMSHOTS and

I love these little lights from 47's. I gave my GF one, myself one, and also bought the red led one (tho i think it falls under the ATOM label)

Also gave one to an ultralight hiker friend of mine. He was blown away by the tiny size and the output.

Great review again Selfbuilt

illibodilli

Newly Enlightened

So I guess its 19 years later now. I bought my Preon P0 as soon as it was available, and allthough the somewhat unstable switch is a real thing, its not a bigger problem than turning on and off one extra time or something.

I must say, this is still my favorite camping and hiking light. the LOW / HIGH is perfect for my useage. Insane standby and hours on LOW. The Glow-in dark is an extra bonus for when its hanging in my tent at night. The size is the killer for me. 55x10mm and taking a single AAA I actually cant find these specs (or similar) anywhere. And thats why I come back to this forum, and now registered to see if anyone of you Oracles know A: where I can find used or new, and B: what is my closest (or smaller) alternative if I want around 0.5LM / 20LM choice, AAA, waterproof and 10-12mm thick.

I miss the Preon / FourSevens light...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best
Claus
(Norway)

fanshawe

Newly Enlightened

I wholeheartedly agree with this; I haven't found a decent alternative that fulfils the same criteria. Mine's been going strong for over 10 years but I am concerned that I can't replace it!

So I guess its 19 years later now. I bought my Preon P0 as soon as it was available, and allthough the somewhat unstable switch is a real thing, its not a bigger problem than turning on and off one extra time or something.

I must say, this is still my favorite camping and hiking light. the LOW / HIGH is perfect for my useage. Insane standby and hours on LOW. The Glow-in dark is an extra bonus for when its hanging in my tent at night. The size is the killer for me. 55x10mm and taking a single AAA I actually cant find these specs (or similar) anywhere. And thats why I come back to this forum, and now registered to see if anyone of you Oracles know A: where I can find used or new, and B: what is my closest (or smaller) alternative if I want around 0.5LM / 20LM choice, AAA, waterproof and 10-12mm thick.

I miss the Preon / FourSevens light...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best
Claus
(Norway)

Latest posts