Foursevens Quark Smart

rwolfenstein

Enlightened
I can't find the app on IOS, is there a way for me to find the app and down load it? Its too bad I can't use the app features to really customize this bad boy.

Makes ya wonder - What will they think of next?

IMG_0642.JPG

Circa 2017

rwolfenstein

Enlightened
If you get an older iPhone that can run 32 bit apps you could side load the app onto the phone and get it to run. You would need a side load app for your computer as well. I have a copy of the quark smart app I could send you.
I think my iphone is too new. Its just disappointing that the neatest part of the flashlight you cannot even use.

rwolfenstein

Enlightened
Wait a second....
An app to program a flashlight?
Pelican also did a smart app for their 7070R flashlight where you could adjust brightness and modes. It was supposed to replace the pelican 7060 (for cops of course) but cops are simple folks who like simple UI and don't geek out as much on the finer details.

nbp

Flashaholic
If it makes you feel any better, the idea was better than the execution on this one. The app was pretty flakey. I would like to see Jason from Prometheus take a crack at a new version of this with a few more years of technology advances available. I wanted badly for this light to work great. It is fine as just a regular flashlight though.

nbp

Flashaholic
Electric cars have been on the road since about 1890 (first prototypes decades before even) while the first battery flashlight came about in 1899, so actually electric cars are actually older than flashlights. o_O

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Was this the flashlight there was a thread about where the question was asked "what feature would you like added?" and folks were saying stuff like 'garage door opener', 'start your car', 'alarm clock', 'make/take phone calls' and such?

rwolfenstein

Enlightened
If you get an older iPhone that can run 32 bit apps you could side load the app onto the phone and get it to run. You would need a side load app for your computer as well. I have a copy of the quark smart app I could send you.
would it be possible to send me that app? I think I might have a computer savy friend who thinks he can get it to work. Thanks again