Quark Mini 2AA Battery Question

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
hi all!
I am planning taking the Quark Mini 2AA off the shelf, and using it as my travel bag flashlight.

Question is...can it handle 2xL91 batteries? (1.5V lithium non-repleceable, with a real output of 1.7+V)

What is your experience?

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow a 2AA twisty! That must be a tiny for a 2xAA. I have the 1xAA from that era and it is very small. I'd like a 16650 twisty in that form factor, but nobody cares about tiny twisties any more.

This review shows Quark Mini 2AA performance on L91:

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
the manual says the same thing, but this is precisely the issue.
it was a time when L91 batteries and the like were new, and not every manufacturer mentioned their compatibility with.
For that matter, L91 have a resting voltage of 1,8V, 3.6V combined.
That is why i am asking

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd like a 16650 twisty in that form factor, but nobody cares about tiny twisties any more.

If you're comfortable with ordering from Ali Express, you're in luck. Eagtac still sells their D25C2 Mini on there and if you message them on there, you can make an LED request. I have one with a 3500K 519A and it's a nice, compact light.

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you're comfortable with ordering from Ali Express, you're in luck. Eagtac still sells their D25C2 Mini on there and if you message them on there, you can make an LED request. I have one with a 3500K 519A and it's a nice, compact light.
and what happens to the output wiht a single li-ion?

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
and what happens to the output wiht a single li-ion?

I've only used the included 16650, no idea how the output would look with 2X CR123. I don't remember the spec'd output on the box with the 3500K 519A, but I never thought the output seemed off.

It's by no means a high output modern balls to the wall on turbo kind of light, but does a very practical 350ish lumens to my best guess on high.