Seeking subjective feedback from owners of EagTac D25C2 Mini (neutral white).

Hi folks...I have an EagTac D25C2 Mini in cool white and I love it as an EDC torch. (The Mini version is a twisty, and as of March 2024 is available only through Ali Express.)

I'm thinking about buying one in neutral white, but wanted to first see if owners of the neutral white version might comment on their subjective impressions about the neutral white beam; it's color temp, subjective warmth, and the owner's overall satisfaction with the older G2 emitter that the neutral white version is fitted with. (The Mini model hasn't received an emitter update in quite awhile; it's still an excellent EDC torch however.) Thanks in advance.

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
Another thread on here suggested that CPF member had success contacting the vendor through Ali and asking for the emitter of their choice. If its something they are using in another light they might do it for you. Let us know if you have success.

Thanks for the suggestion. I sent a message to Ali Express via their "contact us" form asking about this. I'll post an update if and when I receive a reply.

In the interim, I would still appreciate any "neutral white" feedback from the membership.

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm the guy who has had success with getting a 3500K Nichia 519A in a D25C2 Mini. It's pretty nice and would recommend it if you want a warmer neutral white.

I don't have experience with the 4000K or 4500K 519As Eagtac's supplier has, so can't comment on those, but I have had them put a 5700K 519A in 2 lights and I highly recommend this LED to anyone looking for a completely new experience. Seeing a cooler white make colors pop so much, especially reds, is a thing of joy.

As far as the actual light itself, I love it! It has a more modest output on its highest level, but still very useable. My only gripe is like when I use it on walks, I change to a higher output when going from sidewalk to road. If you cycle LMH, LMH, it'll go into the flashing modes, no matter how much time between the mode changes. The only way to prevent this is to have the light off for a few seconds. It doesn't happen that often for me, but I wish they used the same method as 4Sevens, you have to do the same LMH, LMH all within a second or however long it was.

staghater

Newly Enlightened
Hi Dave,
i have d25c mini in xpg2 neutral white 4300 kelvins.
I find the color perfect, like light orange , very warm and gentle on eyes.

Excellent news. Thank you. On the strength of that endorsement, I've ordered one in the "neutral white" from Ali Express. Still no reply however to my inquiry as to whether they can make me a light with a Nichia 519a emitter at 3500K.

I'll follow up in this thread with an assessment of the "neutral white" color temperature once the slow boat from China arrives and the light is in hand. (Stay tuned folks...) :popcorn:

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
Excellent news. Thank you. On the strength of that endorsement, I've ordered one in the "neutral white" from Ali Express. Still no reply however to my inquiry as to whether they can make me a light with a Nichia 519a emitter at 3500K.

I'll follow up in this thread with an assessment of the "neutral white" color temperature once the slow boat from China arrives and the light is in hand. (Stay tuned folks...) :popcorn:

Their response might take a day or two in my experience, bearing in mind the time zone difference in China. Well worth a wait.

I received my "neutral" EagTac D25C2 Mini today. The color temp of the light is a solid 5000K. Assuming the accuracy of others' assessments of their lights' color temperatures, it would appear that there is wide variation in the bin selection of the emitters used in these lights.

I'm OK with the 5000K color temp: it yields a clean and crisp visual image. Also, there is no tint shift on mine either up into the green, or down into the magenta range. (The same holds true for my "cool white" version, at 6000K, but with a slightly higher candela.) All in all I'm happy with the purchase.

Still no response from Ali Express, on my inquiry asking for a price quote on installing a Nichia 519a emitter (at 3500K) into one of these little lights.