Fraudulently labeled NiMH AA 'purple' batteries on eBay

Shadowww

Banned
Opened a Paypal dispute and during the process Paypal informed me that 'Your seller is currently unable to respond to this dispute. By escalating your dispute to a claim, you are asking PayPal to review the case and decide the outcome.'

Sounds bad. I am having a bad feel that I probably won't be seeing my money anymore…
Actually PayPal decides in favor of buyer in most of cases in which seller doesn't responds.

angoam

Newly Enlightened
Opened a Paypal dispute and during the process Paypal informed me that 'Your seller is currently unable to respond to this dispute. By escalating your dispute to a claim, you are asking PayPal to review the case and decide the outcome.'

Sounds bad. I am having a bad feel that I probably won't be seeing my money anymore…

It is not bad news. I had same problem, buying cheap Ni-Mh cells and Memory Cards. That was usualy fake.
If seller did not responding to your case, it is usualy means the seller already banned by PayPal/Ebay due to other buyers claims. And PayPal/Ebay just give you moneyback (gift credit for future purchases)

But if seller respond, tney ask you to send defective(fake) items back to CHINA WITH TRACKING it cost around $20 (USPS) Not the same as ceap first class domestic USA. But seller easy decline your return in the post office, and you loose $20 additional to got fake.

Try to negotiate with Ebay do not sent items back to CHINA. They(Ebay/PayPal) can propose you credit $10-15 to reimburs shipment. It is better then nothing! In this case you probably get refung even packadge returns back to you with message "wrong address" "missing appartment number" e.t.c

Good Luck. Sorry for my English...

wshyang

Newly Enlightened
Actually PayPal decides in favor of buyer in most of cases in which seller doesn't responds.

I hope so, kind of hoping that Paypal wouldn't penalise me for escalating without giving the seller a chance to say his piece (well, the system didn't allow me!) and that I won't be required to send these cheap crap back using postage that costs way more than what the items are worth.

jasonck08

Flashlight Enthusiast

True however paypal likes to have you return the goods with a tracking number. Which usually costs way more than the items cost. So it screws the buyer.

angoam

Newly Enlightened
I hope so, kind of hoping that Paypal wouldn't penalise me for escalating without giving the seller a chance to say his piece (well, the system didn't allow me!) and that I won't be required to send these cheap crap back using postage that costs way more than what the items are worth.

Be very careful with PayPal/Ebay time frames in case. Check case status every day. If it shows "awaiting ... something ...from seller", or somebody, exept you. It`s okey. But if it awayting your respond, don`t delay, or you will loose your chance to get your money back.

And another bad thing on Ebay, when Ebay/PayPall banned bad seller, all information about transaction, assosiated with banned seller misteriosly dissapered from your account, but not from OPENED cases, if you already open cases.

Need to be aware. If you pay and forget, and scam seller will be banned by somebody else claims, you will never see any items nor money.... In this case the only one way to get info about purchase, check all your PayPal transactions, they are never dissapeared. Ebay/PayPal gives only 45 days to open claim!

Last edited: