Frelux Flashlights

bla2000

Enlightened
After writing the last post I put the 10 year eneloop into the FML that I had a energizer lithium installed for half a day. Now it is working fine with the button cap screwed down and the 10 year old eneloop installed. Perhaps the spring needed to be compressed a bit before the eneloop worked correctly.

I don't know if every FML is similar to mine but perhaps Benjamin need to add a note to the instructions saying to use an energizer lithium or alkaline for half a day to compress the spring. Or maybe he can do that at his shop before sending the out to his customers.

I'll do further testing with my 2nd FML and other eneloops.

Last edited:

bla2000

Enlightened
I found another 10 year old eneloop and Lada 2450. Both Ladas only fit 1 FML and not the other. In the FML that both fit in neither lights up. The 2nd 10 year old eneloop lights up in both FMLs now so perhaps it isn't a spring issue.

Ozythemandias

Flashlight Enthusiast
Benjamin bought and tested a wide range of NiMH brands over the past couple of days and found a lot of inconsistency and variations from the standard AA alkaline dimensions. Even within the same 4 pack of Enloop Pros, some fit in the FML and others didn't.

He did confirm that the Energizer "Recharge Universal" NiMH all seem to fit. Other brands or models may or may not fit.

It's unfortunate and unexpected, he didn't have this issue with the Synergy1, there seems to be greater size variations in AA batteries than AAA sized. Future designs will have much more exhaustive testing on battery fitment. If you have a favorite AA NiMH battery and it doesn't fit the FML, just reach out the Benjamin directly via email, Facebook or Instagram.

Ozythemandias

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any word on whether there will be another run? This light looks really cool... very interesting design.

Benjamin is currently working on another (large) Synergy1 drop, while simultaneously finishing up the Synergy2 design before making a prototype

archimedes

Flashaholic
Surprised no one has mentioned the combo drop yet, but I had a different question here ...

I have a Gen1 light engine (Nichia) and a Gen2 light engine (Cree)

Is it normal to have "pre-flash" on the latter ?

And if so, is it all Gen2 engines ?

the0dore3524

Flashlight Enthusiast
Surprised no one has mentioned the combo drop yet, but I had a different question here ...

I believe it is. A lot of people have mentioned they have it. Funnily enough, though, I've never observed it on my own Synergy1 with the Gen 2 engine.

Illumination

Flashlight Enthusiast
Besides the coolness factor, is there any benefit to 2AAAs vs. single AA? A single AA has more than double the capacity of a AAA. The AA will be paired with a regulator / driver to increase the voltage.

I still want one in any case...

Ozythemandias

Flashlight Enthusiast

There was a small batch of Gen2 that had the preflash but it's been resolved. Shoot Ben an email and he'll take care of it.

archimedes

Flashaholic
There was a small batch of Gen2 that had the preflash but it's been resolved. Shoot Ben an email and he'll take care of it.

Have sent a message through the "Contact Us" portal on his website (since I don't have his direct eMail) and will update here, once resolved. Much appreciated, thanks !

TomK85

Newly Enlightened
In the market for a Synergy1 but doubting about the color. The dark looks a bit tactical but combines better with a brass midsection of retention nut. The clear anodized looks a bit more stylish.

Thetasigma

Flashlight Enthusiast
The new gray is an interesting and unusual color. The anodizing is always first rate on these lights.

Definitely ordered one in the grey as it is quite beautiful. The anodizing on these is the best I've seen on lights and damn near the best I've seen in general

Thetasigma

Flashlight Enthusiast
The new grey is a winner! Beautiful sort of gunmetal grey that shifts a bit depending on the lighting. Makes it tricky to photograph accurately, hand photo is probably the most accurate on most monitors.

UYz36J4.jpg
lItWXbR.jpg
HIMBcCy.jpg

Rstype

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ugh. I missed the preorder! :(

Any idea if there will be another???

im sure there will be another run. Be it similar to the last pre-order or maybe even other options. I just got mine today. Very happy with it. Black with blue clip. New edc :)

@thetasigma

that grey looks so awesome. I regret not ordering one in grey. It looks so cool.