• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: 1000 Lumen XM-L T6 Maglite Mod With Voltage Monitor - Parts, or Complete Light!

Narcco

Newly Enlightened
I have this setup and the batteries died so replaced them and now the lights at the swich flash through colors then stop on blue with no light being produced.

jayrob

Enlightened
I have this setup and the batteries died so replaced them and now the lights at the swich flash through colors then stop on blue with no light being produced.

For sure it sounds like a battery issue or a battery connection issue...

The initial flashing is normal for the voltage monitor to cycle through the colors on start for about 2 seconds but if not enough amperage is available, the emitter will not light up. I've seen this happen with a bad battery that will read full charge voltage but not be able to deliver high amperage.

Worst case send it to me with batteries included and I'll check it over. (PM)

Last edited:

lumen aeternum

Enlightened
So how come nobody talks about using 32650 Lion cells in Mag mods anymore? Problems with finding LEDs that work with the voltage? Do the fit into the barrel without sleeves?

Is there room in current Mags for that nifty voltage indicator? Ought to be if using sleeved 18650 diameter batteries.
Or put the viewport in the tailcap and the module under the spring? You could separate the viewport and the module in any way, just run a long light pipe.

You mentioned a "laser" mod. How narrow a beam did this create? Always looking for a light with zero spill to see 200 yards thru the woods, without the greenery reflecting back into my eyes.

jayrob

Enlightened
So how come nobody talks about using 32650 Lion cells in Mag mods anymore? Problems with finding LEDs that work with the voltage? Do the fit into the barrel without sleeves?

Is there room in current Mags for that nifty voltage indicator? Ought to be if using sleeved 18650 diameter batteries.
Or put the viewport in the tailcap and the module under the spring? You could separate the viewport and the module in any way, just run a long light pipe.

You mentioned a "laser" mod. How narrow a beam did this create? Always looking for a light with zero spill to see 200 yards thru the woods, without the greenery reflecting back into my eyes.

I still use the best 32650's that I have found - Feilong

I can provide them with charger if desired.

Not doing the voltage monitor mod any longer.

For best throw (narrow beam), I recommend this one: (my favorite)
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/v...0-Lumen-XP-L-HI-Rebel-Mag-Thrower!&highlight=

The combination of that specific emitter with the longer Rebel reflector. Also the driver I'm using for it has built in low voltage protection. (and customizable settings)

Send me a PM if interested! :cool:

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: 1000 Lumen XM-L/XP-L HI Maglite Mod With Voltage Monitor!

The two lights i have that use them only need part of a paper towel roll to keep from rattling. Thanks Jayrob. They're still my favorites!!!