• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: Damascus Ottavino V4 & Ti Ottavino V4

ejhuang

Newly Enlightened
Hi folks! Am entirely new to the world of custom lights, but have thoroughly enjoyed my McGizmo 119 AA Haiku for a few weeks now.

The Ti Ottavino V4 is only my second light overall and my first from Tain. Just received it and man am I pleased! Though this bad boy is tiny it sure does pack a punch; at least to this plebe anyway.

Perfectly sized for EDC the Otto V4 feels nearly bulletproof. Absolutely love the XPL flood beam. The head and body knurling are grippy enough and I'm stoked to go hunting for varmints in my garden tonight. Be vewy vewy quiet...

Thanks very much, Yitsan, and thanks to everyone for including me in the community!

Cheers,
Eric

moshow9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anybody else go for a 10280 Ottavino? I originally wanted a Ti AAA Ottavino but when I saw that some 10280 Ottavino's had been added I could not resist and sent for both. Yitsan was a pleasure to deal with as always.

Tain

Enlightened
Hi folks! Am entirely new to the world of custom lights, but have thoroughly enjoyed my McGizmo 119 AA Haiku for a few weeks now.

The Ti Ottavino V4 is only my second light overall and my first from Tain. Just received it and man am I pleased! Though this bad boy is tiny it sure does pack a punch; at least to this plebe anyway.

Perfectly sized for EDC the Otto V4 feels nearly bulletproof. Absolutely love the XPL flood beam. The head and body knurling are grippy enough and I'm stoked to go hunting for varmints in my garden tonight. Be vewy vewy quiet...

Thanks very much, Yitsan, and thanks to everyone for including me in the community!

Cheers,
Eric

Thank you for the feedback. glad to know you like it. :)

Is it still possible to order one from this batch...?

yes, please email your ordering details.

I'll take an Ottavino 10280.

Email order sent!

Paypal invoice sent.

Ghostwalker54

Newly Enlightened
FS: Damascus Ottavino V4 & Ti Ottavino V4

Really like the AAA Damascus. Just ordered another one in Ti. Would love to see a small push button version of this.

Last edited:

MMMor

Newly Enlightened
Re: FS: Damascus Ottavino V4 & Ti Ottavino V4

good to hear from you tain!!
ill take the titanium 10280 if left....
blue trit,aqua glow...
ppl is [email protected]
thanks!!!! :)

magellan

Honorary Aussie

Have these started shipping?

dino2024

Newly Enlightened
Such an awesome little light! Great job!

3C6DB988-49D1-48E3-B901-0D003C846CCD_zpsijx4rchp.jpg

Landonb

Newly Enlightened

I got my shipping notice late last night or early this morning.

My ship date 6/3 Arrived on 6/6 my PO never sent notice, picked up today.
ti and Damascus are very nice beautiful work as always with Tains skill , love the flood beam not to small nor to large , maybe a Timascus later those look awesome

Last edited:

skullpin

Newly Enlightened

Timascus would be pretty cool... but would like to see some sort of knurling for grip. Is it possible to have knurling AND show the "grain" of timascus/damascus?

eraursls1984

Flashlight Enthusiast

Just got my Ottavino 10280, I assumed it came with battery and charger since the first run did. You know what happens when you assume. Now I'm having a hard time finding a trusted source for the battery. Does anyone have a good source for quality 10280's? What chargers are you all using for them?

As long as it legos with the V3 Ottavino I can test it out when I get home. I like that it has the same tail as the AAA this time instead of the double lanyard hole of the original. I'd love to see some photo comparisons to the original.

hjkl

Newly Enlightened

^Looks great, waiting on one.

I got some batteries from http://www.em-mgt.com/LED/TnC1c.html. Shipping is more than the batteries though and 2 x 10280 + shipping came to ~$24.

I just need a travel charger now. I will probably use one of the Adafruit Micro Lipo USB chargers unless someone has a better suggestion. They are cheap at $6-7 and also come in MicroUSB.

eraursls1984

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks, I'll have to check that out.
It's a larger diameter than the V3 so it won't Lego.

Tain

Enlightened

Thanks, I'll have to check that out.
It's a larger diameter than the V3 so it won't Lego.

V4's Optic lens is slightly larger than V3's reflector in diameter.

Vemice

Enlightened
First post here. Just jumped in the deep end with my first really nice light purchase. Just ordered aTitanium AAA. Current EDC is a Thrunite Ti3 which has served well for several years. Can't wait for this lil' guy to show up.
I hope this doesn't start a pattern.