• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: DonShock's Mag Mods (SALE ENDED!)

DonShock

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: DonShock's Mag Mods (Last chance!)

Bump for the final day of the sale.

To sweeten the deal I'll throw in a NIP stock Mag 2D or 3D with each shipment.

Xuen7

Newly Enlightened

does that mean i get 2 lights for every light i buy?
Mag85 $100
and
IQ Switched XR-E $40
shipped to Singapore... let me know soon so i can make payment before the confusion that happen to our previous deal.. sorry about that by the way,...

DonShock

Flashlight Enthusiast

Sorry Xuen7, after the failure to communicate and follow through on your prior commitment to purchase the stubby set, I will not sell to you again at any price. Additional research online has shown that your prior commitment to me was not the first time this has happened.

Xuen7

Newly Enlightened

hmm so based on 2 occasions of sale threads failure you rather not sell? hmm alright its like 10 good deeds would not cover a single bad one.. anyways i will respect your choice if you say so... or you can just give me a price and if i send paypal before anyone else says they will take it.. its mine? anyways either way your items your choice

DonShock

Flashlight Enthusiast

Xuen7,

It's primarily based on our first transaction. You stated you would take the stubby set and only needed the shipping costs. Due to the amount involved and Paypal's proof of delivery requirements, that cost was fairly large. You replied that it was too much, which I actually tend to agree with, and did not make payment. All perfectly understandable up to this point, except that the proper order should have been to inquire about the shipping costs first, then only after agreeing to them, then make the commitment to buy. As an example, Benson asked several questions before finally committing to buy. And once he made the commitment, he paid almost immediately. Similarly, the offer on the Red XR-C mag was made by PM so it didn't put off other potential buyers, as your claiming of items when you aren't ready to make payment has done. But even if not done perfectly, the shipping cost problem was a minor hiccup and one I was prepared for and understood even though it took several PMs to get even that response.

What really put me off was that after stating the shipping cost was excessive you followed up by wanting to buy even more lights, the same ones you are inquiring about again now, and the possibility of freebies. Even then, I was willing to work out the additional purchases, but insisted that payment be made for the purchase you had already committed to making but still had not paid for. Again, more PMs and no answers or payment even when you had visited CPF multiple times after reading my PMs. After several sets of unresponded to PMs with still no payment I assumed you didn't really want the stubby set and put it back up for sale.

Xuen7 said:
does that mean i get 2 lights for every light i buy?
Actually, if you had you made that original payment I was prepared to offer these same NIP stock mags I am offering now as sweeteners as you asked about. But since no payment was made and no other response was made to my PMs, no deal was ever completed. So the multiple additional stock mags you are asking about now could have been yours if you had only followed up on your original committment to buy and responded to my PMs.

I had intended to keep the details of these problems private and not mention more than a minimum of why the stubby set was back up for sale. But your renewed contact after failing to respond to my payment requests on the first committment prompted me to respond more fully. I also find your response to yet another problem on another forum just a few days ago questionable. In one post you mention "... anyways this is my first time dealing in faulty items... what usually happens now? " But in another post just 2.5 hours later you say, without ever giving the seller a chance to correct the problem, "opps... already filed a dispute... i am quite forgetful i usually use the filing of disputes as a reminder.. or at least there is something reminding me that i have stuff to attend to... " So which is it, first time or so frequent that you use disputes as a reminder?

For all of the above reasons, I won't accept any committment to buy that you make. It is too hard to get the payment completed and it would seem that a dispute is likely to be filed with Paypal. I actually consider myself fortunate that you did not make payment on your original committment to buy now that I have this additional information regarding your behaviour as a buyer.

Penta-Cree, Mag85, Royal blue LuxV, and IQSwitched Mag Mods are all still available.

Last edited:

Xuen7

Newly Enlightened

Xuen7,

It's primarily based on our first transaction. You stated you would take the stubby set and only needed the shipping costs. Due to the amount involved and Paypal's proof of delivery requirements, that cost was fairly large. You replied that it was too much, which I actually tend to agree with, and did not make payment. All perfectly understandable up to this point, except that the proper order should have been to inquire about the shipping costs first, then only after agreeing to them, then make the commitment to buy. As an example, Benson asked several questions before finally committing to buy. And once he made the commitment, he paid almost immediately. Similarly, the offer on the Red XR-C mag was made by PM so it didn't put off other potential buyers, as your claiming of items when you aren't ready to make payment has done. But even if not done perfectly, the shipping cost problem was a minor hiccup and one I was prepared for and understood even though it took several PMs to get even that response.

What really put me off was that after stating the shipping cost was excessive you followed up by wanting to buy even more lights, the same ones you are inquiring about again now, and the possibility of freebies. Even then, I was willing to work out the additional purchases, but insisted that payment be made for the purchase you had already committed to making but still had not paid for. Again, more PMs and no answers or payment even when you had visited CPF multiple times after reading my PMs. After several sets of unresponded to PMs with still no payment I assumed you didn't really want the stubby set and put it back up for sale.

For this matter I would like to first apologies for being un-decisive and making a commitment to you and backing out when shipping cost were too high for me. As for why i when on the enquire on more items after knowing the high shipping cost was because i have the idea in mind that it would be more worthwhile to ship a few more items together making shipping cheaper with bundle deals hopefully. Nonetheless, I
know i failed to give you a prompt answer when you needed it as i was still deciding to still get it, i mean after all its a good deal to be honest and it is my lost. At the end of the day i made you wait for me too long. Really sorry about that.

Actually, if you had you made that original payment I was prepared to offer these same NIP stock mags I am offering now as sweeteners as you asked about. But since no payment was made and no other response was made to my PMs, no deal was ever completed. So the multiple additional stock mags you are asking about now could have been yours if you had only followed up on your original committment to buy and responded to my PMs.

Yes i understand that.

I had intended to keep the details of these problems private and not mention more than a minimum of why the stubby set was back up for sale. But your renewed contact after failing to respond to my payment requests on the first committment prompted me to respond more fully. I also find your response to yet another problem on another forum just a few days ago questionable. In one post you mention "... anyways this is my first time dealing in faulty items... what usually happens now? " But in another post just 2.5 hours later you say, without ever giving the seller a chance to correct the problem, "opps... already filed a dispute... i am quite forgetful i usually use the filing of disputes as a reminder.. or at least there is something reminding me that i have stuff to attend to... " So which is it, first time or so frequent that you use disputes as a reminder?

It is my first time dealing with faulty items, but not my first time dealing with failed transactions. As the items came to me faulty, I do not see a reason that would not justify filing a dispute. I mean if the seller does settle this with me, i would just resolve and dispute and case closed. As i am often forgetful, i am afraid i did not meet the 45 days requirements to file a dispute therefore i decided to filled it. I also explained to the seller about filing this dispute and if at the end of the day there is no wrong on the sellers part and we do come to a compromise, i dont see any harm done and therefore no issue as well so whats the commotion here about?

For all of the above reasons, I won't accept any committment to buy that you make. It is too hard to get the payment completed and it would seem that a dispute is likely to be filed with Paypal. I actually consider myself fortunate that you did not make payment on your original committment to buy now that I have this additional information regarding your behaviour as a buyer.

hmm, i always believe that if you did nothing wrong, the dispute would be settled. Its not like i get back my money once i filed a dispute and like i say before 1 wrong gets highlighted and 10 rights wont make it go away. The next time sometime like this happens, there is going to be someone quoting from other forums digging up previous case senarios and using it. I believe if i compare my successful bought transactions you would understand my confusion. Anyways, my fault for failed deal, I am sorry. Good lucks with your sales.

Penta-Cree, Mag85, Royal blue LuxV, and IQSwitched Mag Mods are all still available.

DonShock

Flashlight Enthusiast

Sale has ended. Final shipment will be made in a couple hours once the post office opens.