• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS; Double, Triple (or single) XP-G Host 2200 Lumen

Status
Not open for further replies.

PScalfano

Newly Enlightened
A little feedback...

I have been using this light for a while. I went with xp-gs and maxflex along with the Tenergy 14.8v LiPo battery.

The assembly was very straight forward. It took longer to program the maxflex then it did to build the light. I am using a Marwi mount and magicshine adapter from el34. They work very well with this light.

The light is super bright and creates a very good beam for night riding. My only complaint is the beam is not shaped for road use. I will probably devise some kind of "visor" to keep the light out of approaching cyclists' and drivers' eyes.

A question about the battery pack - what are folks using to weatherproof or ruggedize the battery pack? By itself, the lipo pack appears to be quite vulnerable to rain. I want to take some protective measures, but I am not sure what to do.

Thanks, from a satisfied customer.

PapaLumen

Enlightened
I have two of these lights so two batteries, i keep them in one of those seatpost bags - http://www.topeak.com/products/Bags/AeroWedgePack_large_velcro but inside the frame in front of the seat. Been ok so far.

I had to use the straps slightly differently to normal but it can be lashed on quite securely. I have the leads coming out the zip which is almost zipped all the way up. Reasonably weatherproof, ive dashed through a few muddy puddles and its been ok so far.

I use them on lowest maxflex setting for the road, high just blinds people.

MrOneEyedBoh

Newly Enlightened
What connectors are you guys using? How are you running it out of the back of the housing? Im thinking about using these 18650 packs ( nice looking IMO and uses Panasonic cells.) http://www.geomangear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=4_45&products_id=284

But that uses the magic shine connection on the PACK end, and also uses the magic shine charger. The connection is a female 5.5x2.1 standard DC jack.. Is that the same size as the TrailTech plugs? It says yeah, but would it fit into the battery, or is it custom and will only work with the other TrailTech side?

MrOneEyedBoh

Newly Enlightened
Yeah I was going to do that but I went with the OLS 8.4 Ah pack and lupine connectors.

What about a bar mount? Is there any other options besides the one listed? My bar is 31.8. how does it mount into the housing? I havent gotten mine yet. So I dont know the mounting style.

Last edited:

sosemot728

Enlightened
Yeah I was going to do that but I went with the OLS 8.4 Ah pack and lupine connectors.

What about a bar mount? Is there any other options besides the one listed? My bar is 31.8. how does it mount into the housing? I havent gotten mine yet. So I dont know the mounting style.

There is a single M4 bolt on the base of the housing - anything that will suit this size will work fine.

MrOneEyedBoh

Newly Enlightened
Thanks. That might be the best bet. Im from USa so I bet the shipping is going to exceed the value here haha.

PapaLumen

Enlightened

kwarwick

Newly Enlightened
A question about the battery pack - what are folks using to weatherproof or ruggedize the battery pack? By itself, the lipo pack appears to be quite vulnerable to rain. I want to take some protective measures, but I am not sure what to do.

Thanks, from a satisfied customer.

Here's what I used to create a waterproof container for my Lipo packs.

http://s262.photobucket.com/albums/ii97/kwarwick/Lumen%20whoring/Lipo%20bottle%20battery/

You can buy the storage bottle (750mm version) here: http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=16400

Smacko

Newly Enlightened
Does anybody know when UCL are going to have 26.8mm x 1.85mm lenses back in stock? (I'm still waiting for their response to my stock availability question) The only other product that seems to be available is 26.8mm x 1.4mm from DX or similar sites, which is nearly 1/2 a mil thinner. Anybody built up with these cheaper lenses? Waterproofing and a tough glass are my primary concerns and would like to know what they're like before waiting the 4 our so weeks for the order to come from China.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts