• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: FluPIC JIL DD sandwhiches! Pics! $30 - Special till 1/2/06

Dan C

Enlightened
Goldserve, is it possible to make a standard style sandwich with one of your .550 boards, for use in any regular sandwich application? If so, would you be interested in making me at least one?

Remember Chief Wiggum from a couple years ago? He made me a sandwich with a downboy converter using a copper disk for the emitter board. I wish I had a box full of them. Same with your Flupic, I love the dang thing. My skill is in machine work, not electronics. I can build a standard sandwich using Shoppe parts but that's about my limit.........

Thanks,
Dan C

goldserve

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can only supply the boards but if someone is up to the task of creating a sandwhich....please contact Dan or me. Thanks!

vortechs

Enlightened
Hi goldserve,

I noticed that this thread is old enough that you can no longer change the thread title by changing the title of the first post. I have had similar problems with some of my older threads. Perhaps you can get one of the admins to change the title for you so it doesn't have that confusing message about a special price till 1/2/06.

ckc

Newly Enlightened
vortechs said:
It would probably help if you could post a picture of the F&L J1 disassembled, so that we can see if the light engine is similar to the JIL. You'll probably also need to measure the diameter and height of the board.

J1.jpg

The dimensions are as follows

whole sandwich 0.31 inch high (Outer)
width of top board, and heat sink 0.1 inch thick
width of the driver board 0.05 thick

Inner space available 0.2 inch

The driver board is the following

Thick 0.05 inches
diameter 0.6 inches

Latest posts