• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS - JETS22 custom arc 3w-Price Reduced

Xrunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS - JETS22 custom arc 3w

[ QUOTE ]
Hobo said:
I find it a bit fascinating that this thread, as well as the one that was referenced, was noticed enough that Sasha looked at the IP address. I wouldln't have even figured that they were all the same person. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

This goes to show how all of the mods/admin here at CPF at nothing but top notch. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

-Mike

Jets22

Enlightened

Kiessling, Wait till I send her the silver one with the solid coper heatsink and the DB 1200 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Justintoxicated

Flashlight Enthusiast

thats weird, but all the Comps in my house use teh same Ip adress...We call it a router...And when I'm at school I'm posting from an account on one of the mainframe computers, where people have interent to from the entire university and I can even access from home. The result would again probably be that the entire campus accessing this system is using the same IP! All we have are these terminals that plug into the unix system...which is connected to something like an OC48...

So it IS possible for 2 people who do not know eachother to have the same IP...Not saying that was teh case in this instance, but it should be fairly common for universities and other such remote access-terminal systems.

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*

Guys,
I am the one who brought the Arcfan thread to Sasha's attention because I had a gut feeling that raygage was ripping me off. I noticed the writing styles were too similar. Also the part at the end about "hoping his other customers lights show up soon" rang all kinds of alarms. He had also deleted several post on this forum around the same time. I PM'd Sasha and asked her if raygage and ArcFan were the same person using the same computer. I never did get my light from raygage but he did refund my money after I filed with paypal. There are still 2 members that he still owes refunds to. I did not post a jeer about him because he did refund my money.

daloosh

Flashaholic*,

Good job, LifeNRA! Often we feel insulated in this community of ours, but you always gotta be on your toes. I'm glad it worked out for you, not too happy about the other CPFers who got shafted.

daloosh

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*

Thanks daloosh. In hindsight I probably should have posted something but like I said he did refund my money and another CPF members money. I also knew the rules about having absolute proof before posting that someone is a thief. I really could not say 100% that raygage was a thief so I did not post anything. I did however contact 2 members who were dealing with him and informed them of his alias ArcFan. One of these members got a refund as I did but the other member is still out his money. There is also one other member that I know about who apparently was ripped off. The other member who got a refund has been in contact with him. I am not giving out thier names because I dont think that is my place to do so. I really enjoy CPF and will do my best to help anyone who needs it.

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast

lifenra: /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif to you for being so observant. kenshiro21/arcfan/raygage if you're reading this, the least i'd like to ask of you is a response to the email i've sent to your boltblue email address regarding the L4 i never received.

daloosh

Flashaholic*,

Hey Winston, hope it works out and you get your money back.
daloosh

Billson

Flashlight Enthusiast

Is there a way to track the IP address of members? What's to stop him from registering a new user name and coming back under a different alias?

flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
chamenos said:
lifenra: /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif to you for being so observant. kenshiro21/arcfan/raygage if you're reading this, the least i'd like to ask of you is a response to the email i've sent to your boltblue email address regarding the L4 i never received.

[/ QUOTE ]

hope you get your light or money back chamenos. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif