• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: LF-2XT Titanium Upgrade Package

Nicrod

Flashaholic
Thanks for the heads up Sean! I'm really excited for this mod! And I know the little bugs will be worked out.

Nick

Moddoo

Flashlight Enthusiast
You probably have one of those switches that's set higher in the PCB than the norm. I can only assume 4-pin switch wasn't pushed in completely before soldering. Here are the options I can provide for you.

1. I can machine and send you some round spacer/washers, 1mm in thickness, to create some separation between the switch and protrusion of the button.
2. You can grind out the top of the 4-pin momentary push button switch. They are cheap and easily accessible/replaceable.
3. I can retrofit another button here by grinding out 0.2 mm off protrusion and send it to you as replacement.
4. I give you a full refund.

Thank you for the suggestions/offers.

I prefer to have the tailcap machined deeper to allow the button to sit at the correct height.
I understand that this is not a service that you have offered.
After more people have had a chance to try these parts, we can see if a broad solution for all is settled on.
This is not an urgent matter for me.

Have a great day everyone!

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tom - I am sure you have the tools to machine out a little bit and make the button sit where you want it. ;)

As for me personally I am happy with the button placement. I like the flush look and it causes no issues with function as long as the button spacing is right.

muhaha

Newly Enlightened
I'd made a small retrofit by removing 0.05mm on the protrusion on the button. This takes care the tightness problem. All new orders will be sent out with this mod/retro button. Those who ordered from before, a 0.1mm washer will be mail out in a few days.

People who received the package, first test it without button o-ring. If all works well, make sure to lube the inner surface where the o-ring will be moving. Be sure the o-ring is not twisted in the groove. Use a wooden toothpick to lift the o-ring and twirl it around to get the twist out.

Thank you for the suggestions/offers.

I prefer to have the tailcap machined deeper to allow the button to sit at the correct height.
I understand that this is not a service that you have offered.
After more people have had a chance to try these parts, we can see if a broad solution for all is settled on.
This is not an urgent matter for me.

Have a great day everyone!
Moddoo,

Since what you prefer isn't what I had to offer, why don't you machine out some buttons according to your preference. If you can also offer at an outstanding price comparable to this upgrade package, count me in for at least 20.

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just as a note I tried a Ku Ti tailcap button in this mod. The button sticks out way too far. Thus my preference for the button as supplied.

Nicrod

Flashaholic
:party:
My BeadBlasted Ti body just arrived. It's beautiful!
Really awesome work on these Bruce. I'm waiting for a new set of needle nose tweezers to arrive,
so I can do the swap. I'll report back when I've completed it.
Thanks a bunch

Nick

I noticed the threads are wonderfully smooth! Very well done.

64584a8cf50c882787ef1960d13b929c.jpg

73d78f3c0064f702dfda73fd20ff2e1f.jpg

433226cae1851e90b8ebbd8f96bc5005.jpg

Last edited:

Nicrod

Flashaholic
8d9581aba8f4286e8511393a3a5a1dfd.jpg

41110bb6936bc4e6f50bf8b1afbe10af.jpg

The DarkSucks Prometheus clip is a perfect fit on this body. I mean perfect! The clip didn't fit this good on the stock Aluminum body.

90f3a4ff0f331b3a42664af3bf7812af.jpg

a6b5813970abaf3172a18806420787ba.jpg

59aeee068d8369b0eaf1e2152b1facfe.jpg

Last edited:

muhaha

Newly Enlightened
Thank you Nicrod for the pictures.

I made some retrofit washers, 0.1 mm in thickness, for people experience difficulty in switching. It worked really well on mine, but since I have only one switch to test it on, the sample size is just too small to be representative of the mass. Just to be sure the retrofit washers will work, I sent out some to ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond, along with a modded button for more testing for larger sample size results.

Nicrod

Flashaholic
Okay,

I completed the swap today. Everything went well! The light is functioning as it should with the new parts.

This is my findings on the switch function-

when the brass retaining ring is tightened all the way down, the light stays on and the button won't respond.
When I loosen the brass retaining ring just a tad, then the button starts functioning good. And so I've been playing
with the tightness of the retaining ring, to get the button to where I like the feel of it's activation.

So for now, I believe this will work just fine for me. If new parts are gonna be sent out to those of us who ordered
already, I would still like to try out the retrofit part that's been worked out.

but nevertheless I'm very happy with this sweet Titanium LF2XT mod that Bruce has created.
I love the new look and feel it has brought to my LF2XT. And I didn't have to spend $1000+ to get it. Thanks Muhaha!

Nick

Last edited:

Nicrod

Flashaholic

RUSH FAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Bruce:

I just sent you a PayPal.
Please let me know if you have received it.

Thanks,
Rush Fan

muhaha

Newly Enlightened
Paypal received, Rush.

Packages with modded buttons will go out today, with about 1/250 of an inch grinded from inner protrusion. This should be more than enough to take care of the tightness/on/off problem. Please do give feedback on how they work. Thanks!

Nicrod

Flashaholic
Paypal received, Rush.

Packages with modded buttons will go out today, with about 1/250 of an inch grinded from inner protrusion. This should be more than enough to take care of the tightness/on/off problem. Please do give feedback on how they work. Thanks!

This is fantastic news! Thank you Bruce!!

Nick

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got mine today. Same issues with the switch. Gave it a little more room by using a dremel on the inner protrusion on the switch button. Now it works like a charm.

Noticed i got a little gap between the head and the body. I guess the saphire lense is a little bit thicker than the stock lense. No big deal.
Looks great. lookes even better after a episode of walking dead, a rag, and some autosol metal polish. Shiiiiiiny :)

muhaha

Newly Enlightened
Got mine today. Same issues with the switch. Gave it a little more room by using a dremel on the inner protrusion on the switch button. Now it works like a charm.

Noticed i got a little gap between the head and the body. I guess the saphire lense is a little bit thicker than the stock lense. No big deal.
Looks great. lookes even better after a episode of walking dead, a rag, and some autosol metal polish. Shiiiiiiny :)
Thank you jorn for the feedback.

The sapphire glass is 1 mm in thickness. The thickness difference between stock and sapphire is minimum and should not be the cause of the gap. Please be sure the retaining ring is lock tight and o-ring is properly in its groove.