• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: MT-G2 Mag Mod with Voltage Monitor Option...

jayrob

Enlightened
Yeah. One of the colors mine flashes is Purple during startup.

I'm gonna go out at night with it and see what it can do. The LED read dark blue when I got it, so woop woop. As of right now, the LED at low is like "Moonlight"; at medium, it beats out my Malkoff Drop-In XML by a decent margin; at high... I have to squint even when standing BEHIND the flashlight. If the "super chicken version" of 3 amps, copper heatsink, voltage monitor, protected cells, that my light has is this bright... I can only imagine what a full-on 5 Amp monster could do.

(And I'm a very happy chicken :D )

Stupid question. When the flashlight is not in use, should I keep the batteries in, or take them out?

I leave mine in.

There's no current draw on the cells with the switch off. I guess it's just a matter of preference.

Don't know why it has that purple flash during the initial start up, but all of them do that...

Last edited:

ganz-lite

Newly Enlightened
I leave mine in.

There's no current draw on the cells with the switch off. I guess it's just a matter of preference.

Don't know why it has that purple flash during the initial start up, but all of them do that...

I know I bought the "chicken setup" of 3 amps, copper heatsink, protected cells, voltage monitor (ie: the safest, most "boring" configuration if we look at some of the light monsters on here). But I just wanted to thank you for an absolutely top-shelf flashlight build. Even at 3 Amps, the amount of light this light throws is blinding (and that's using the light in the same way a person would while walking the dogs). It's nearly as bright as the three LEDs combined in my room that normally light up my room. I haven't done any "led snobbery" testing, but the amount of light this throws is just incredible. I'm just in awe over everything. The best part is, is that it's reliable. I'm not terribly keen on some of the 6 amp, 9 amp, MT-G2 builds, and this is that bridge from a simple drop-in Malkoff to more extreme builds. I'm gonna put up some early shots of it... they're not great (I don't own a smartphone), but that LED is HUGE!

Feel free to put this in your "feedback" section. Professional, top-shelf, incredible quality.

Jason

jayrob

Enlightened
I know I bought the "chicken setup" of 3 amps, copper heatsink, protected cells, voltage monitor (ie: the safest, most "boring" configuration if we look at some of the light monsters on here). But I just wanted to thank you for an absolutely top-shelf flashlight build. Even at 3 Amps, the amount of light this light throws is blinding (and that's using the light in the same way a person would while walking the dogs). It's nearly as bright as the three LEDs combined in my room that normally light up my room. I haven't done any "led snobbery" testing, but the amount of light this throws is just incredible. I'm just in awe over everything. The best part is, is that it's reliable. I'm not terribly keen on some of the 6 amp, 9 amp, MT-G2 builds, and this is that bridge from a simple drop-in Malkoff to more extreme builds. I'm gonna put up some early shots of it... they're not great (I don't own a smartphone), but that LED is HUGE!

Feel free to put this in your "feedback" section. Professional, top-shelf, incredible quality.

Jason

Love to hear it! :)

Very glad that you are happy with the build.

Yes it should last you a lifetime...
beer.gif

ganz-lite

Newly Enlightened
Love to hear it! :)

Very glad that you are happy with the build.

Yes it should last you a lifetime...
beer.gif

There are no words for this light... Seriously. I'm still in absolute awe over how bright it is. About the only way this could be more mental would be with either an aspherical (ooh what this thing would do with the right aspherical), or a very long head for even more throw. But as this is, it's quite possibly the ultimate sleeper M*glite. Jayrob's top-shelf.

Edit: The after-sales support is amazing. I had a question about a high pitched "EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" noise I was hearing. Jay confirmed it does sometimes exist, and that if I could hear it, my hearing must be very good. It's nothing to worry about. I also found that the batteries were nearly fully charged, but one had a bit more charge than the other. I topped them off, watching for green lights to come on and removing them immediately. This is a man who cares about not only the sales part (and the "getting the money" part), but making sure his customers are very happy, and that what they have - regardless of whether they go super-conservative like I did, or super-bonkers with unprotected cells, 5 Amps, etc., - will be top-shelf. (NB: this is a testament to the seriousness of Jay... that he'd rather be upfront with an honest answer than throw it under the rug... and how amazing he is at what he does.)

Now I have to find a time when I can do some nighttime fun :D

Last edited:

saturnx

Newly Enlightened
I bought a flashlight for the wife from Jayrob, because I loved the MT-G2 5 amp build so much. My wife thought I was kidding that I sucked her into my flashlight hobby. lol But she she loves it. Once again Jayrob's work on the fit and finish of his flashlights are stunning. The stubby Maglite with XML emitter is a little beast and is growing on me more and more each time I get to use it. I said it before and I will say it again, don't waste your money buying store bought flashlights when you can skip to the best and buy one one these from Jayrob. Here's a pic of my collection.
IMAG1466.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMAG1468%201.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

jayrob

Enlightened
I bought a flashlight for the wife from Jayrob, because I loved the MT-G2 5 amp build so much. My wife thought I was kidding that I sucked her into my flashlight hobby. lol But she she loves it. Once again Jayrob's work on the fit and finish of his flashlights are stunning. The stubby Maglite with XML emitter is a little beast and is growing on me more and more each time I get to use it. I said it before and I will say it again, don't waste your money buying store bought flashlights when you can skip to the best and buy one one these from Jayrob. Here's a pic of my collection.

Love it!!!

Great to see good feedback from happy customers... :)

It's all about building the light around an awesome battery. These lights should last you guys a lifetime...
beer.gif

ganz-lite

Newly Enlightened
So I was doing my annual "summertime flashlight check" to make sure that all flashlights in the house have fresh batteries and a backup supply (in the event of power outages due to storms). I was working on the Malkoff XM-L drop-in one (putting in 9 fresh AA Energizer Ultimate Lithiums for it, since it saw a LOT of use the past 2 years), and I decided to show my mom the JayRob special.

Low: You spent ALL that money on THAT little light?!

Medium: That's high, right? Me: Nope, that's medium

High: THIS IS HIGH!!!!! Mom: WTF is Wrong with you that you'd get something that does THAT! (Mom is standing next to me and the amount of light it's throwing even a good 40 feet down the hallway of the house is blinding as it bounces off the wall)

Me: works for me, throws absurd amounts of light, *sets it back on low*

Thanks JayRob!!! (And now to keep dad far far far from the light in the event he goes wookatdakewtwiddle LED and cooks his eyes).

Edit: Why is this flashlight now making me want to put an aspheric on it for more stupid amounts of throw :D

Love it!!!

Great to see good feedback from happy customers... :)

It's all about building the light around an awesome battery. These lights should last you guys a lifetime...
beer.gif

Last edited:

jayrob

Enlightened
So I was doing my annual "summertime flashlight check" to make sure that all flashlights in the house have fresh batteries and a backup supply (in the event of power outages due to storms). I was working on the Malkoff XM-L drop-in one (putting in 9 fresh AA Energizer Ultimate Lithiums for it, since it saw a LOT of use the past 2 years), and I decided to show my mom the JayRob special.

Low: You spent ALL that money on THAT little light?!

Medium: That's high, right? Me: Nope, that's medium

High: THIS IS HIGH!!!!! Mom: WTF is Wrong with you that you'd get something that does THAT! (Mom is standing next to me and the amount of light it's throwing even a good 40 feet down the hallway of the house is blinding as it bounces off the wall)

Me: works for me, throws absurd amounts of light, *sets it back on low*

Thanks JayRob!!! (And now to keep dad far far far from the light in the event he goes wookatdakewtwiddle LED and cooks his eyes).

Edit: Why is this flashlight now making me want to put an aspheric on it for more stupid amounts of throw :D

Ha Ha!

You've got me laughing out loud...

Well another reason to keep it away from your Dad is that he might just want to try and keep it for himself... :D

ganz-lite

Newly Enlightened
Ha Ha!

You've got me laughing out loud...

Well another reason to keep it away from your Dad is that he might just want to try and keep it for himself... :D

he'll wind up blinding himself with it...

Now about those old 1920s flashlights you used to have....

silentcropduster

Newly Enlightened
Do u take trades for lights + cash? Lol I have a few Nitecore brand lights in box never used that I'd sell to get some $$$$ for yours haha