• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: New Cutdown Minimags w 20mm IMS - Updated

Status
Not open for further replies.

rdh226

Enlightened
benyosh said:
Ledean,

Would it be possible to cutdown the MM to fit a li-ion 14670? If so, i'd like one in shimmer blue w/20mm IMS reflector. Let me know if extra cost is involved. AW ran out of 14500(new type) cells.

Thanks bunch,
benyosh
That is an excellant idea!

Ledean:

Seeing as how you must have a zillion AA MiniMag tail ends lying around . . .

How about making a 17mm extender tube for the 1xAA body? That way, it becomes
a trivial exercise to use either 14500 or 14670 LiIons! And if you make them from the
same body (i.e., at the time you're making the original 1AA cutdown), you will
guarantee exact body color/tint match! (You might even ignite a whole new
market for two-tone 1AA++ lights: Shimmer-blue with dark blue extender;
red with green extender -- start now, get ready for the upcoming holiday season!
Aiyee...)

And if you use the smooth cap end, it's already female-threaded, and the smooth
extender should abut the knurled 1xAA body virtually seamlessly! Now how cool
would that be?

I like it! (well, not the two-tone idea)

Consider this a pre-order for 17mm extenders for the
three 1xAA I just ordered . . .

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
I LOVE the extension tube idea!!!! HUGE thumbs up for that!!!! When can I get mine!?!?!?1[/QUOTE]

I am just getting ready to cut down a few mini mags that I have, two will be a straight cutdown and two will be cutdown and turned down with a solid tailpiece that I make. I just measured all the diameters on the mini with my vernier caliper ( nylon - fairly accurate )

The inside diameter of the is mini .565 inches. The base of the threaded part of the tailpiece is .575 inches. ( that measurement takes you down to the bottom of the thread. .

also - there is no material left to make the groove for the gasket.

SO - - the wall thickness of the barrel of the mini is really not thick enough to thread. There is only about .005 inch left at the thread bottom.

I did try this out to see if it can be done. ( see pictures ) you can see on the inside of the gray tube where the threads are pushed into the barrel.

I went through all this when I created my Magenstein and his Bride (4AA and 3AA respectively ) the only way to extend the tube length is to make a press fit. Once put together they don't come apart.

This is all based on the assumption that the extension would screw into the standard barrel, or the cutdown barrel.

17 mm is approx .700 inches - the part that Maglite threads is a little over .520 inch, so 1/2 inch (.500) is about the shortest extension that you could make

Will

Ledean - don't mean to step on any toes here - just that I went through all this before.

Last edited:

Ledean

Enlightened
rdh226,
Thanks for the paypal. I have only one green left . It is the dark green one.

benyosh said:
Ledean,

Would it be possible to cutdown the MM to fit a li-ion 14670? If so, i'd like one in shimmer blue w/20mm IMS reflector. Let me know if extra cost is involved. AW ran out of 14500(new type) cells.

Thanks bunch,

benyosh

I can cut down the minmags to whatever length you need . No extra charge for that.

rdh226

Enlightened
Ledean said:
rdh226,
I can cut down the minmags to whatever length you need . No extra charge for that.
Please add:

1 Pewter 1x14670 cutdown with 20mm reflector
1 Copper 1x14670 cutdown with 20mm reflector

PayPal sent.

Per Arne

Enlightened
Hi Ledean,

Is the price still $36.50 for 1 minimini Mag Red w 20mm IMS and $5 international shipping?

Do you still have them shipped w the MadMax LED's and if so, what is the extra cost?

Thanks!

PA

Ledean

Enlightened
Yea the price is the same.
The price for the sandwiches depends on madmax and luxeon combination you are looking for .

Per Arne

Enlightened
Hi Ledean.

Price on MadMax Lite and MadMax Plus? Do you know the approximately runtime as I read earlier that the "Lite" has longer runtime then the "Plus"? Which one has the best flood or spot?

Thanks!

PA

Rommul

Enlightened
Ledean said:
Yea the price is the same.
The price for the sandwiches depends on madmax and luxeon combination you are looking for .

Are you saying that you build sandwiches (haven't read the thread)?

Ledean

Enlightened
Rommul said:

I do build sandwiches . Lot of the my customers want thier minimags, CR2 minimags equipped with the sandwiches . I sometimes get it from the shoppee but if a particular bin is not available I build it .
There is no thread about it .:)

Ledean

Last edited:

Rommul

Enlightened
Ledean said:
I do build sandwiches . Lot of the my customers want thier minimags, CR2 minimags equipped with the sandwiches . I sometimes get it from the shoppee but if a particular bin is not available I build it .

Ledean

Cool.

Good to know.

rdh226

Enlightened
Ledean said:
Rommul said:

Ledean
I would like a couple sandwiches; I looked at the Sandwich Shoppe, but they would
appear to be out of complete assemblies.

I was thinking along the lines of the higher-effeciency Luxeons, like a UWO or UX1; maybe
two units, one lower-powered (MadMax Lite) and one higher-powered (MadMax Plus, or
Nexgen 750mA).

Per Arne

Enlightened
Hi Ledean,

Just to let you know that I received the MiniminiMag today in perfect condition, and thank you for the sheath! :goodjob:

I have put a TLE-5 Red LED and a diffuser lens in it with AA Lithium Battery, and so far it looks to be the best flooded red light I have :thumbsup:

:thanks: again!

PA

MorpheusT1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi,

Still no sign of the minimags i ordered.
When did you put them in the mail?

Benny
Norway

rdh226

Enlightened
The rest of mine arrived today.

Damn if they aren't the cutest lil thangs: Copper 2xAA->1x14670->1xAA.

Now I'm gonna hafta round them out with your CR2 cutdown as well, make a
full set.

Merde!

Time to plot and scheme some (I've already spent next week's paycheck on
those custom LE FF3s that DSpeck is offering).

Later...

Status
Not open for further replies.