• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: Pi Projects – G1 Titanium

easilyled

Flashaholic
Can any of the recent owners comment on how the QTC feels? Also what are the estimated lumen levels?

I'm certainly intrigued by this light. Its looks very well thought out and aesthetically very pleasing.

muhaha

Newly Enlightened
PP sent for package plus ice-blue trit, spare battery, and EMS. Thanks!
Payment received and order is processed. Tracking email will be sent to your PP account address once parcel is dispatched. Thank you!

12081470_894306483939519_2038517812_n_zpsezcigf4b.jpg

Last edited:

Thud1023

Enlightened
Can any of the recent owners comment on how the QTC feels? Also what are the estimated lumen levels?

I'm certainly intrigued by this light. Its looks very well thought out and aesthetically very pleasing.

Hi easilyled,
I have 2 of these now and they are both identical in operation. First the body has a good amount of thread, so you can loosen quite a bit to avoid accidental turn ons. Just at the point the threads provide resistance the moonlight turns on. The QTC gets consistently tighter to turn all the way up to max level, with an obvious stopping point at high (which is very impressive in output and quality). More impressive to me is the ease of setting the low to even lower than trit output. Just that occasional flicker on low that can quickly be re-adjusted. The tightness I referred to is a positive thing that makes hitting all the levels in between more solid. Overall, very impressed so far with design and operation.
Regards,
Todd

easilyled

Flashaholic
Hi easilyled,
I have 2 of these now and they are both identical in operation. First the body has a good amount of thread, so you can loosen quite a bit to avoid accidental turn ons. Just at the point the threads provide resistance the moonlight turns on. The QTC gets consistently tighter to turn all the way up to max level, with an obvious stopping point at high (which is very impressive in output and quality). More impressive to me is the ease of setting the low to even lower than trit output. Just that occasional flicker on low that can quickly be re-adjusted. The tightness I referred to is a positive thing that makes hitting all the levels in between more solid. Overall, very impressed so far with design and operation.
Regards,
Todd

Thank you Todd. It sounds great. Are these size batteries easy to find? I have 10280s, 10250s, and 10160s. Investing in this would mean yet another slightly different small battery size, which is quite confusing for an old codger like me.

muhaha

Newly Enlightened
Thank you Todd. It sounds great. Are these size batteries easy to find? I have 10280s, 10250s, and 10160s. Investing in this would mean yet another slightly different small battery size, which is quite confusing for an old codger like me.
easilyled,
I assume you meant 14250 and 10180 instead of 10250 and 10160.

I had considered and actually tested 10180, 10220, 10280 and 10440 for a QTC circuitry. For a keychain light, anything under 1.5" or 38mm becomes difficult to operate for people with large fingers. The length for G1 is slightly over 1.5'. I felt that there is no clear advantage by going 4mm shorter with 10180.

However there is a clear advantage in storage capacity by going from 10180 to 10220. From my tests, 10220 still held steady at 20 lumens after 20 minutes. For 10180, it fell off at about 8 min. mark.

For the lux/lumen tests, there was no significant difference between 10220, 10280, and 10440 in lumen outputs; LED is driven by the same forward Li-ion voltage. There was no clear advantage in brightness by going with bigger storage batteries.

I can design some kind of simple kit/retrofit for 10180 if anyone is interested.

Hi easilyled,
Regards,
Todd
Thank you Todd.
If you or anyone find it too tight too turn to max, try push-and-turn for both on/off max output.

Last edited:

easilyled

Flashaholic
easilyled,
I assume you meant 14250 and 10180 instead of 10250 and 10160.

In fact the MBI HF-R takes 10250s if I'm not mistaken so no, I meant them. (he has made his own in this size which he calls nukes)

The CooYoo's take 10160s I think.

So between these and the 10280s that I have, I already have some quite obscure small battery sizes.

Uriah

Enlightened
I would like 1 Price: $140 Basic package anodized purple if you can if not blue.
$10 for 1 x tritium vial Purple
$3 each for spare Li-ion 10220 battery x1
Total PP $153
PP sent

Last edited:

eraursls1984

Flashlight Enthusiast
In fact the MBI HF-R takes 10250s if I'm not mistaken so no, I meant them. (he has made his own in this size which he calls nukes)

So between these and the 10280s that I have, I already have some quite obscure small battery sizes.
The CooYoo takes 10180, along with a ton of other lights.

muhaha

Newly Enlightened

First time I'd ever heard of 10250 or 10160. I know there are a bunch of custom sized li-ion batteries. Many are used in R/C devices. 10250. like you said, is a custom made battery that's probably only acquirable through MBI . 10180's and 10220's are more of the standard sized small li-ion batteries that are easily acquire through internet dealers.
I would like 1 Price: $140 Basic package anodized purple if you can if not blue.
$10 for 1 x tritium vial Purple
$3 each for spare Li-ion 10220 battery x1
Total PP $153
PP sent
Received. PM replied.

easilyled

Flashaholic
The CooYoo takes 10180, along with a ton of other lights.

I stand corrected about them then. Thanks.

This does appear to be a great little light and its very tempting.

I'm wary of QTC, but it seems to be implemented in a superior way in this light to most that use it.

Last edited:

apisdorf

Newly Enlightened
There are several nice versions! Help a confused person out: Which is the two-tone anodized blue/polished Ti version?

muhaha

Newly Enlightened
Are these still available?
Yes, they are still available.
There are several nice versions! Help a confused person out: Which is the two-tone anodized blue/polished Ti version?
With anodizing and a little polishing afterward, the combinations/versions are virtually endless with G1. Here's the pic of anodizing blue/polished Ti two-tone.
DSC02426_zps2xmagnhh.jpg

If you like more ti, mid-section can be without anodizing. I can't list all the versions/possibilities but if anyone interested in special colors/combination, please PM me.

immichael2

Newly Enlightened
Can you take a picture of it with two tone blue with no anodizing on the mid section. Or how about bead blast and anodizing for a matte finish? THanks

MMMor

Newly Enlightened
got my tiny.....
its a mastepiece!!!
fell in love in first sight!!
great design,easy to use and well built!
thanks for letting us to enjoy your creation :)

muhaha

Newly Enlightened
got my tiny.....
its a mastepiece!!!
fell in love in first sight!!
great design,easy to use and well built!
thanks for letting us to enjoy your creation :)
Thank you for such an encouraging feedback! The parcel took a lot longer than I'd expected. Have fun with it!

Can you take a picture of it with two tone blue with no anodizing on the mid section. Or how about bead blast and anodizing for a matte finish? THanks
I can get some samples of bead-blasting/anodizing combos. First I have to send them in for bead blasting and will update them when available. This is what two-tone looks like with ti mid-section.
DSC02456_zpsrljr4x3n.jpg